rawr

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 17, 2010
Earth
MBTI
IxTP
Enneagram
human
What is your personal creed or philosophy in life?

If you were to sum up, in a bit of text, how you strive to live your life (not how you think everyone should live theirs), what would that look like?

[serious responses only, please]

Try to love people.

I feel like everything else I come up with always can be boiled down to that simple and horribly hard task.

My personal philosophy has to do with what I believe my purpose is. Purpose is something one creates for themselves. The only purpose ultimately worth living for, I believe, is either other people or God. This is because in the end are time here on Earth is short and while we may be eternal beings, our life here on Earth is not immortal. Therefore as I've always believed Love is the ultimate purpose for a person. As I became a Christian this belief was enhanced all the more and my purpose became to live my life in love for God and for other people. To seek His will, and to help others. Love when combined with willpower creates peace. Because of this, I try to live my life in service to God and to others as much as possible which is much of what Jesus spoke about as well (funny how I reasoned the same beliefs about purpose as the Bible teaches).

Also, innovation is another means to an end to make the world a better place for others because through innovation we acquire more comfort and growth for society as a whole whether it be economic, medical, etc. I intend on donating the majority of the money I learn in my life to charity to help others survive and have food and shelter with just keeping enough money to keep my self afloat and in relative comfort. I can live off $20,000 a year without a child to care for. Also, I plan on going into the medical field to help people as much as I can through my daily life as well. There's really no other purpose besides this that I can imagine unless it's intended only for the self.

Reactions: barbad0s
"Be the change you wish to see in the world."

- Understand that everyone is in a slightly different state of mind and understanding of the world, and there are infinite different states of mind both out there and within yourself that change moment to moment.

- Experience life

- Do what you feel in the totality of your heart, mind, and gut, is right; aim for no regrets

Make the most of the time I have been given.

"The heights by great men [and women] reached and kept, were not obtained by sudden flight. But they, while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night."
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Yeesh... uh... I dunno.

Never ever refuse knowledge, only fools do so.

"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can."

Reactions: rawr
tumblrlwz9bxcmlo1r02kfp.png

^ This sums it up for me.

It's impossible for me to put into one sentence but if I had to... I'd choose: " aut vincere aut mori". In latin it means "to conquer or to die". I've always seen myself as more of a survivor.

Seek strongly...
to know what is true.
to love what is good.
to admire what is beautiful.... (even if it means modifying my preferences).

Do what is good, using right means, to achieve more good.
Avoid what is bad, bad means to good ends, and destructive goals.... (even if it comes at personal loss).

Seek strongly...
to know what is true.
to love what is good.
to admire what is beautiful.... (even if it means modifying my preferences).

Do what is good, using right means, to achieve more good.
Avoid what is bad, bad means to good ends, and destructive goals.... (even if it comes at personal loss).

Plato?

Nothing is ever simple.

Few events or people are as simple as they appear to be. There's usually a deeper reason, one that takes time and patience to understand.

That's just asking too much. You can't just expect me to be serious one minute and not the next. I'm not a machine rawr, you can't just turn me on and off whenever you want.

What is your personal creed or philosophy in life?

If you were to sum up, in a bit of text, how you strive to live your life (not how you think everyone should live theirs), what would that look like?

approach life as an opportunity to be creative, take your health seriously, don't take your opinions seriously, forgive everyone especially yourself, be on the lookout for the hidden value of every experience, take more chances, defy your own expectations, be sincere even when it hurts <3

Ah...so many to choose from. From the top of my head:

Don't turn your back on someone with a lonely heart. Having someone to lean on might mean the world to them.
Smile and be kind no matter how bad your day was. Your hugs must always be genuine and you must always be true to yourself about what you feel about others.
The world will disappoint you time and time again. Accept that and don't lose your trust in people.
Make a difference, no matter how small, in people's lives. Show them it's ok to open up and be warmer.

Risk more than others think is safe.
Care more than others think is wise.
Dream more than others think is practical.
Expect more than others think is possible.

--Cadet Maxim