What is your personal creed/philosphy? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What is your personal creed/philosphy?

:bump2:

Fulfill your fucking purpose, let yourself be consumed by this, until your being rests in ashes, and then rise again, rise up again little bird.

Disclaimer: The phrasing it's kinda tongue in cheek, but the content is serious, pretty much so

You only convince yourself you have a personal philosophy, but if you're into philosophy you should never get stuck on one thing. Let's all follow in Nietzsche's footsteps.

Tim Minchin covers more than half of my philosophies in one 10 minute speech. (I have many philosophies.)

Some examples:
  • "Understanding that you can’t truly take credit for your successes, nor truly blame others for their failures will humble you and make you more compassionate."
  • "A famous bon mot asserts that opinions are like arse-holes, in that everyone has one. There is great wisdom in this… but I would add that opinions differ significantly from arse-holes, in that yours should be constantly and thoroughly examined."
  • "Even if you’re not a teacher, be a teacher. Share your ideas. Don’t take for granted your education. Rejoice in what you learn, and spray it."
  • "We have tendency to define ourselves in opposition to stuff; as a comedian, I make a living out of it. But try to also express your passion for things you love. Be demonstrative and generous in your praise of those you admire. Send thank-you cards and give standing ovations. Be pro-stuff, not just anti-stuff."
  • "And in my opinion (until I change it), life is best filled by learning as much as you can about as much as you can, taking pride in whatever you’re doing, having compassion, sharing ideas, running(!), being enthusiastic."

Full speech:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyBvbot3emM

I would say do to others as you would have them do to you. However I find I help or try to help people more often then I expect in return so...
Try to find happiness and try not to hurt anyone along the way.

Fulfill your fucking purpose, let yourself be consumed by this, until your being rests in ashes, and then rise again, rise up again little bird.

Disclaimer: The phrasing it's kinda tongue in cheek, but the content is serious, pretty much so
Our purpose seems to be to survive and then reproduce. Not always in that order..

Nothing trumps truth

I wish that were true.
Unfortunately truth is cold and it is harsh. Few people want it and most of the time if you have it you are rejected right along with it. This world loves its lies.

Try to love people.

I feel like everything else I come up with always can be boiled down to that simple and horribly hard task.

Nice. That reminds me of the dalai lama's quote "my religion is simple. My religion is kindness"

Our purpose seems to be to survive and then reproduce. Not always in that order..

So? Are you suggesting something with the apparent simplicity of the purpose, or what you see as our purpose? Does it seem meaningless to you maybe? If it does, why would you think that way? did you expected something else?

Be kind above all things. Help others but choose carefully whom you help. Love deeply. Live your life free but take into account your dependents. Keep your mind and body in shape so you can enjoy life. Be happy, even when life seems overwhelming. Teach others everything they want to learn from you.
Oh, and try to figure out the purpose of your time here. What are we here for?

My philosophy is hard to put to words. For all my love of writing I feel in feelings and not in words; I simply know that I feel and know what I feel, but I cannot explain it well.

What I feel is pain, what that creates in me is determination and solidity. My life sucks and will continue to suck until I am free from my NPD parents.
I want to rise above the cards I've been dealt, I strive to find myself and know exactly where I stand. I strive to ever further critique and mold myself into someone who can love the right way. I want to love, despite having only ever knowing fleeting glimpses of that strange and powerful emotion. I above all strive to my utmost to be, to simply be. And that is my greatest struggle. My circumstances do their best to crush me, to squeeze the individuality out of me, to make me succumb to the pain and to let myself continue my parent's chain of abuse on with my own future children. But to do that would mean the death of everything I stand for and therefore myself as I am. So therefore, I struggle and fight and hurt and bleed, just to simply be. I don't want them to change me.

When I write about it I feel strong. Perhaps not strong, actually, but rather unbreakable. Pain and struggle create patriots. Injustice creates free-thinkers. I'd like to call myself both. I have lost so much blood figuratively to attain this self-knowledge on my own, it incites a long-suffering weatherbeaten sigh and an armored feeling in my heart. It's hard to describe.

I have no creeds but these.

1. Be creative, adaptable, self sufficient.
2. Learn about every single thing I interact with in the world. Know what it does, how it works, how it is made. Learn how to make it myself if possible.
3. Belief is a tool.
4. I don't have to stick to tradition. On the flipside though, tradition some times works quite well and shouldn't be thrown out just because it's traditional. Use it because it works well, not only because it is tradition.

Personal philosophy is important. Without it; you will not know what is useful to you from what is not. It doesn't have to be something so concrete nor does it have to be based on proven "theories" or "ideas" or "truths"; but it should support your soul purpose and should align with who you are on the inside.

My personal philosophy is that i must do and give to the world the best parts and aspects of me. And it is my job to workthrough; breakthrough and heal the parts of me that seek liberation and light. That I will always have a choice to walk in my own light or be a slave to my own darkness. That i must be gentle with myself and whatever I can do in a given moment is always enough. That I was born with all the tools needed to master the lessons and tribulations I am to suffer in this lifetime. That everything is transitory and nothing is fixed.

A hodgepodge collection of disparate trivialities and half-truths stitched together to form a network of mental activity complemented by its environment.

Live for the good you can do, not for the potential of who you are. if you spend too much time focusing on what you can or should be, you won't simply enjoy being and may regret not enjoying who or what you are, as you go through your individual journey. Success is not always about what you will be or become, or what you can be or what you can become. It may sometimes be the real you, just learning how to simply be. Edit: I think I wasted too much energy over the years trying to prove myself to others or trying to be something I'm not. Now I am simply am, just being.

Last edited: