What Is Your Opinion on INTJs? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

What Is Your Opinion on INTJs?

Myers-Briggs.

I prefer Socionics to Myers-Briggs as it is more scientific.
Oh I see.

The way I look at it is that MBTI is tautologically true in the way the test questions/statements/whatever reflect aspects of the descriptions (its just circular), but the theoretical overlay of the functions is best used as an interpretive prism for self development, and therefore that it's scientific accuracy is only tangentially relevant.

I do find it interesting, though, how I identify with you, as an ENTJ, but see the different cast, aspect or spin you put on things.

The personal values are iron and absolute, which we share, but you are definitely more goal-focused and pragmatic.

Oh I see.

The way I look at it is that MBTI is tautologically true in the way the test questions/statements/whatever reflect aspects of the descriptions (its just circular), but the theoretical overlay of the functions is best used as an interpretive prism for self development, and therefore that it's scientific accuracy is only tangentially relevant.

I do find it interesting, though, how I identify with you, as an ENTJ, but see the different cast, aspect or spin you put on things.

The personal values are iron and absolute, which we share, but you are definitely more goal-focused and pragmatic.
Socionics is based on the theory of information metabolism, an incomplete theory but a coherent one nonetheless.

As for the INTJ, does your more immediate concern with values make you more of a "foo-foo" feeler than myself as Fi is your tertiary function?

As for the INTJ, does your more immediate concern with values make you more of a "foo-foo" feeler than myself as Fi is your tertiary function?

Big fat YES.

Only those people who I'm very close to will see it in full, though; everybody else gets the stone-faced logical explanation of my feelings, or none at all.

I refer to my values as my steel core. They are absolute, they are iron (er, with carbon, lol. Stretching the metaphors here), but they are specifically emotional. The values are the driver of the goals.

I am very sentimental, too.

Big fat YES.

Only those people who I'm very close to will see it in full, though; everybody else gets the stone-faced logical explanation of my feelings, or none at all.

I refer to my values as my steel core. They are absolute, they are iron (er, with carbon, lol. Stretching the metaphors here), but they are specifically emotional. The values are the driver of the goals.

I am very sentimental, too.
Interesting.

The idea of your values being so strongly emotionally-rooted does perplex me. In contrast, I can generally provide some reason (if only a brief one) for why I value the things I do- their results, etc.

It's good to feel happy though.

For all of my outbursts, I am actually quite the "stable genius."

giphy.gif

lol ehm ok.. I'm officially entering the realms of overthinking this now haha
thanks for translating xD

I actually had no idea what @Pin meant, IC! I never mentioned foo-foos or foofooness before. :wink:

For all of my outbursts, I am actually quite the "stable genius."

May I see proof of this genius of yours, Sir?