What is Life to You? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What is Life to You?

what is life to me... hmmmm.. life is wonderful. full of opportunities and disappointments. a place to learn, a place to love, a place to forgive and embrace and hope. life is everything and life is dear to me.

Reactions: Roger
I am really enjoying the different perspectives here. Keep it up, feel free to share whatever your view, scientifice, spiritual, religious, etc.

Reactions: Wyote
life is something you will never be able to define, because in defining it you deminish it. Also you can't define something you are part of since you have no reference point outside of it, you can never know what it means not to be a part of life

Life is the Tao...

Personally I think we just dont understand what 'life' or death really are. Perhaps we're not meant to yet. Its strange how in science when one answer is revealed, it just seems to open 10 new questions, like some never ending puzzle.

Basically everything is made of atoms, and we have little understanding of how that operates. Most of our 'theories' are proven mathematically and maths in itself is a bizarre incomplete science. I have a religious faith, based largely on intuition. I think most people have had a spiritual sensation of some kind, ie moved by nature, art, music etc

I really like the Carl Sagan view "we are star dust, harvesting star light, slowly contemplating our own existence". Every day we learn a little more I hope, like putting together the pieces of a vast cosmic puzzle.

Life is notoriously difficult to define. It's easier to write out characteristics of life than to define it.

Organized.
Complex.
An intake and output of energy.
Has the ability to create new life following some process.

But that's just science. Life, to me, is so much more than that. Which is where I think the problem of defining it comes to play. Life is questions, life is answers, life is questions without answers. Life is the ability to find contentment with those unanswered questions.

Life is as you define it and as you make it. So make the most out of it and the best it can be. =)

life is what you experience while simultaneously observing it.

So, this is influenced by May's thread.

What do you consider life? This doesn't have to be strictly scientific. Just explain to me how you understand life.

To me, it is simply self-replicating RNA.

Before I understood that, at a very naive level it was anything that showed flux, anything that changed without observed interaction. Then I started to learn that wind and fire, water and such don't actually have life, they are forces of nature, so to speak.
From the small-large scale, a constant struggle for power.

It is incredibly difficult to define what life truly means to me. From the moment of conception, being lost is a common theme of life. It is filled with suffering as well as joy. There is beauty and ugliness everywhere, as well as chaos and tranquility. There isn't a set definition on what life is. How can we describe it? Each and one of us, man and animal, are going through the daily motions of what this thing is. Time doesn't exist, it is a man-made creation.

Life is truly the unknown, and so is death. It is a lost journey. You make the most of what you can. Each and one of us are facing unique daily struggles, so be kind to one another. You are completely unaware of what internal demons or external struggle a random stranger is going through.

Life is hard, but it can also bring profound joy. At the end of the day, nothing lasts forever and neither do we. Anything can happen the next day, so make the most of it because life can also be highly unpredictable.