What is God? | INFJ Forum

What is God?

Kmal

Jan 21, 2010
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8 sx/sp
God is the driving force of consciousness to improve itself, make perfect, or manifest itself (perfection).

Last edited:
Reactions: Sriracha
God is a person, a trinity, a who NOT an it or what who watches over this world with love, truth, and justice. He is all powerful, all present, and all knowing. HE exists outside of what humans think or feel about Him.

Last edited:
Reactions: willow
I used to think God was human observation of the amazing events He would incite, but rather it is the it itself (we can personify it if that fits your view better) that continually progresses itself, and will eventually manifest itself through the human body and our environment.

It is said that "God is love." Rolls off the tongue easy enough, but when we ponder this long-term the meaning quite boggles the mind. Love....expressing, creating, moving, healing, reaching, ever-dynamic...is something quite beyond our grasp, I think, although we can approximate it's general course based on our human observations. Limitless love without beginning or end....with all the descriptors we can attach to this...is the stuff of God, and yet God supercedes even this.

Reactions: Gaze
I dunno if God could be pigeonholed into a definition. We have a hard enough time defining things like love and beauty, how are we suppose to define what may be the source of those things?

I used to think God was human observation of the amazing events He would incite, but rather it is the it itself (we can personify it if that fits your view better) that continually progresses itself, and will eventually manifest itself through the human body and our environment.

God is a person, not because of what I think. He just is.

Reactions: willow
What exactly is a person? That is another one of those words that holds a different meaning to everyone.

My "I have no idea and I wanna be Buddhist 'cuz Buddhists r so kewl" viewpoint is that god = existence. Not our existence as human beings, just existence in general. We are a part of it, and we each have the tiny, finite facets of our human senses and brains to perceive a fraction of the sheer immensity of it. I don't think there's any kind of "personality" out there who's going to say "Hey what's up. I'm god. Btw I DO NOT KNOW U BLACK SHEEP!"

I have no knowledge of astrophysics or anything, but I do wonder if the universe will just keep expanding and contracting indefinitely while an infinite number of scenarios and possibilities play out endlessly. But there I'm getting all metaphysical and bla bla blah.

Reactions: barbad0s
A flow of energy which connects our minds through an ever growing series of invisible interpersonal connections through life, death and birth. Forming bonds and bundles of energy which make up the components of what we consider "life"

Reactions: Kgal
yeah @Peace , i call a person consciousness. if you want to call god consciousness, then yes, he is a "person." i think a person, and the human animal are different, or at least used to be.

God is a person, not because of what I think. He just is.
I was going to say something similar - regardless of what we call him, he is still there.

Last edited:
Some thing that humans made up as an excuse to kill, to make up for the fear of death, to believe they're the superior specie, to make themselves feel special and to try to explain what they don't know.

In case it's not clear, I'm not bashing the religious, just giving my opinion.

Some thing that humans made up as an excuse to kill, to make up for the fear of death, to believe they're the superior specie, to make themselves feel special and to try to explain what they don't know.

In case it's not clear, I'm not bashing the religious, just giving my opinion.

I think people can use any symbol to justify doing horrible things. And if God exists then I'm pretty sure people would use him to justify doing bad things even it wasn't really representative of God or what God would want for human beings.

To plagiarize Loa Tze, the G-d that can be put into words is not G-d.

We sense the divine, but we cannot understand it/him/her. That we have evolved the capability of perceiving our Creator is amazing beyond words. That there is intercommunication is perhaps the greatest thing imaginable.

I would only posit two things I know about G-d.
1. He made us deliberately. From the moment of the Big Bang, all the laws of the universe were designed for the eventual evolution of sentient life.
2. For reasons unknown, he has an interest in how we treat each other. Our evolution of consciousness has essentially brought us out of an amoral nature into moral sentience.

Last edited:
Words cannot explain what God is to me, and I must admit to barely understanding what I suppose to be far more than I can currently comprehend.

Humans ascribe too much of themselves to God. Even in the "great" religions, they just don't get Him.

A fabrication we invented to feel less lonely as a species.

A fabrication we invented to feel less lonely as a species.

Some people think Jesus was invented, yet God was around thousands of years before "we" saw Jesus in the flesh. Prophecies were fulfilled. Some people will never stop feeling lonely; might be a reason for that. I thought we invented dogs for that.

A unifying social construct held in high regard by most members of the human species.
Why are god threads popular? Total clarity into the matter is impossible, and the threads usually come to the same general endpoint.

Just my two cents, but I usually ask myself "why?" after "what?" because it reveals more foundational principles than simply identifying an object; you get to tag adjectives and rationale to something. "What" establishes a definition, "why" expands and applies it to a worldview that can then be modified and improved, or discarded if the definition cannot be verified. That is not to claim it ("God") doesn't exist, of course. Merely that its function, once a definition is created, cannot really be pinned down due to the extremely diverse interpretations of the word "God".

Or something like that. Feel free to discard any and all of this post as gibberish, I haven't slept in an ungodly-long three days.