What is Extraverted Feeling? | INFJ Forum

What is Extraverted Feeling?

Quinlan

Right the First Time!
Jun 12, 2008
MBTI
ISFP
...and how do you personally experience it?

Maybe this one will be easier to explain.

For me, it is simply caring more about people's feelings than the pragmatics.

frozen_water said:
the indirect cause of all of my problems in life...
I would say that on a bad day. Though I could say the same thing about my Ni when I think about it... or the two of them together... Sometimes I even wonder whether I don't suffer more than the people themselves because I project my own sensitivity onto their problems... Or because I care too much about everything

edit : I need to work on My Ti!!! Come on hélène you can do it!!

Stone said:
...and how do you personally experience it?

Maybe this one will be easier to explain.

Being highly introverted, I've never experienced it, but I have witnessed it. It gushes.

how do you just "not experience" your auxiliary? That's supposed to be like... it's what's supposed to "work" every time you read something, talk to anybody, or interact with anything outside of yourself.

*steps out of the shadows*
you called? ;)

frozen_water said:
how do you just "not experience" your auxiliary? That's supposed to be like... it's what's supposed to "work" every time you read something, talk to anybody, or interact with anything outside of yourself.

you called? ;)

Generally, the only reason I ever hang out at INTPCentral is because I want to tap them for their Ti. :mrgreen:

Satya said:
frozen_water said:

you called? ;)

Generally, the only reason I ever hang out at INTPCentral is because I want to tap them for their Ti. :mrgreen:

ugh! What kind of heartless monster would sneak into another type's forum just to tap their weaker functions?...

....now would someone answer Stone's question? ....pretty please? :D

yay! give me Ti lessons frozen :mrgreen: ! INTPcentral is a scary place...but maybe I should try to hang out there a bit more... Do you think intps are more arrogant than intjs or the other way around? I like the intj forum.

As for extraverted feeling, I read the chapter on it in Lenore Thomson's book yesterday and I understand this thread much better now (I still disagree with it though!!!!!). I don't know whether she's right or not but she gives a very guardianish (?) definition of it, essentially saying it's about keeping society together through customs, having a part to play in society's well being, etc. I found it horrible :D my ESFJ mom is very much like that, but my ENFJ best friend not so much... He is much younger than her but still, he's got dominant Fe and he doesn't really believe in society that much... Though he does believe in an ideal society much more than I do, and he's willing to sacrifice a lot for it.

The whole social norms thing is a part of it but when coupled with Ni I think it's much more about connecting to other people in a more general sense, regardless of society. A need to help other people, to listen to them, understand them, a strong empathy. A desire to help the world.

I'll have to get back to you guys on this ... I have to think about it. I don't know how to explain it ... maybe Jax will help me :roll:

than you for the link!

copied from mbticentral, a thread that asked for a description of people's secondary function. I recognize myself completely in this post :

quietgirl said:
Fe:

I do what I can to make others happy. If someone else is having a bad day, I feel it too. I want to make them feel better, so I will be there for them if they need to talk, leave them alone if they need space, or buy them a small gift that they will really enjoy & will make them feel special. I feel the feelings of others, good or bad & usually more intensely than my own. It's all about everyone else, which can take it's toll on me because I forget about my own feelings often. Sometimes, if I'm not paying attention, my own feelings will start to mirror those of others and I can lose myself. This is especially dangerous in relationships and has led to the demise of more than one.

I'm not great at standing up for myself. I'm opinionated, but I tend to back down when I know my opinion or feeling is negatively effecting someone else. I seem to be really good at compromising for the benefit of everyone involved and I really do strive to reach those sort of compromises. I feel I've gotten better at respecting my own feelings as I've gotten older, though.

I tend to worry about what others think of me more than I should. I cannot tune out the feelings of others towards me and have the tendency to take criticism personally. Therefore, I do have the tendency to hide parts of myself in order to not seem abnormal to others.

People tend to be drawn to me whether or not I am in the mood to be around people. I've been told I give great advice and I'm often sought out by others for advice.

Despite being introverted, I tend to be able to read other's feelings and intentions very well. I'm good with people and it's extremely easy for me to relate with others - even if they are seemingly different than I am. I am normally unsatisfied in jobs or activities that do not relate to helping people. If I can't find a human purpose in what I am doing, I tend to feel as though I am wasting my time.

wow, lol, my Fe is sooo broken...

yay! give me Ti lessons frozen :mrgreen: ! INTPcentral is a scary place...but maybe I should try to hang out there a bit more... Do you think intps are more arrogant than intjs or the other way around? I like the intj forum

haha I so would if I could figure out how... everyone needs each other for something, and I get the feeling that's the place for the IxTPs. I pretty much second what shai said though. I much prefer intpforum... it's a much smaller forum, and full of a lot more soul-searching. Um... some of the threads are likely to make you sad because of that, I think. I saw you there already though, so I guess you already realized that. I have no idea what the intj forum is like... I'm about half an half on intj's... some are cool, others start to grate on my nerves pretty quickly in real life (arrogance/showboating). I'm not sure if they're all like that, though, or if it spills over into their forum. I've never been there, so I don't know whether it's more like intp central or forum.

lol why is intpcentral a scary place while the intj forum isn't?

Cliques, and rampant administrator and moderator power abuse.

INTJ Forum only has a little of that at the moment...

Fe?

:eek:

*cowers in the comer* don't have, don't want!

Could there possibly be a relationship between extraverted feeling and how we engage in breathing? I've found, through personal experience, that Fe is heightened when i inhale through the mouth instead of the nose. Mouth-breathing is an unhealthy alternative to nasal-breathing for various reasons such as causing anxiety due to it causing a faster respiration rate and thus, insufficient oxygen to the lungs. However, though it shouldn't be the normal way to breathe, i find Fe sensations are more intense if one were to breathe this way momentarily or leave the mouth slightly parted for a time being. Does anyone experience something similar to this?

Where Ti says "I know I am correct," Fe says "I feel I am right."
Where Te says "I know how things relate," Fe says "I know how things are supposed to be."
Where Fi says "I feel strongly about this," Fe says "I strongly feel about that."

Fe are feelings, philosophies, and ideals applied to the world around us. It is a reasoning system based on how things should be, what is right, and and how we feel about them.

Unlike Ti or Te, Fe cares less about what is correct or incorrect and more about what is right or wrong. Unlike Fi, Fe feels globally and externally, as opposed to internally and egocentrically.

If someone is hurting, Ti might say "That is the result of..." Te might say "It was in relation to..." Fi might say "Seeing this makes me feel hurt..." while Fe might say "It is wrong for that person to hurt."