What Is a Good Man? | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

What Is a Good Man?

Perhaps it's just because I'm a Snowflake, as a certain thread here has so kindly informed me,

Sorry to go off topic but woah just a minute! I mean I'm sure you dealt with it appropriately and everything. But can I please suggest that you just totally leave this particular piece of feedback behind and exclude it from any further "perhaps it's because i'm"ing that you might feel free to do about yourself. This is just a suggestion

I sort of pass this suggestion on to you secondhand, this is not my personal wisdom. Once someone kindly informed me that I am the epitome of mediocrity. It's something that sort of stuck with me for a long time. Until I mentioned it to KGal, who lost no time in suggesting that I should leave this feedback behind. I think the wisdom of KGal is relevant and has good application here.

I long for the day when the term "snowflake" falls out of vernacular. Yuck

Moreover, I find this thread inflammatory toward masculinity. What makes a good woman god dammit. Nobody cares, women are infallible in today's culture.

The important question is not man or woman, but simply what is good.

I see your point. I think that if this question were raised in a separate thread, "What is a good woman?" that there is a high probability that there would be a good deal of "STFU a woman does not have to be good, she does not have to be anything!!" going on. I find that kind of acceptable, I support that... but it would be off-topic...

I think you've got a point... I support men who does not want to be a "good man"... but also support it for men who do.

It's an interesting question, does anyone have a right to expect any man to be a "good man"? I don't think so... I think you're right... it is more fair to consider members of society and communities to be a "good person" or "good community member" or something of that nature.

Sorry to go off topic but woah just a minute! I mean I'm sure you dealt with it appropriately and everything. But can I please suggest that you just totally leave this particular piece of feedback behind and exclude it from any further "perhaps it's because i'm"ing that you might feel free to do about yourself. This is just a suggestion

I sort of pass this suggestion on to you secondhand, this is not my personal wisdom. Once someone kindly informed me that I am the epitome of mediocrity. It's something that sort of stuck with me for a long time. Until I mentioned it to KGal, who lost no time in suggesting that I should leave this feedback behind. I think the wisdom of KGal is relevant and has good application here.

I long for the day when the term "snowflake" falls out of vernacular. Yuck

No worries invisible, it garnered scarcely more than an eye roll. The OP was centered around an article by Tomi Lahren, making it obvious that anything that was to follow would hold no merit.

Kgal was absolutely right though, and I always greet her wisdom with a warm welcome. Now there's a soul that shines brightly. : )

Anywho, left far behind, crumbled it up into a ball and tossed it over my shoulder, along with that aforementioned eye roll.

This is why I love this place.
Thank you for being relatively good humans... in this thread, today :smirk:

Moreover, I find this thread inflammatory toward masculinity. What makes a good woman god dammit. Nobody cares, women are infallible in today's culture.

The important question is not man or woman, but simply what is good.
Yes! All opinions are welcome. Also @Lurk covered that in a recent thread she created.

As you were. *tips hat*

Yes! All opinions are welcome. Also @Lurk covered that in a recent thread she created.

As you were. *tips hat*

I hope you already understand this, but just to be clear-

I hold nothing against you personally for starting this thread or anything like that, I only intended to push back in order to bring some unity to the discussion, and hoped people would see a wider spectrum.

For my real answer, which I've not been able to fully articulate in my head, is with regards to humans as a whole, not men or women singularly and I believe what makes a human inherently good is a thorough understanding of the ever present battle of the masculine and feminine components of their psyche. We all hold within us the capabilities of great darkness, and it is in facing this darkness head on and not allowing it to consume us or others that we become in essence, good.

I hope you already understand this, but just to be clear-

I hold nothing against you personally for starting this thread or anything like that, I only intended to push back in order to bring some unity to the discussion, and hoped people would see a wider spectrum.

For my real answer, which I've not been able to fully articulate in my head, is with regards to humans as a whole, not men or women singularly and I believe what makes a human inherently good is a thorough understanding of the ever present battle of the masculine and feminine components of their psyche. We all hold within us the capabilities of great darkness, and it is in facing this darkness head on and not allowing it to consume us or others that we become in essence, good.
Nah I ain’t even mad. It’s all good. For realsies.

I didn't think so but I thought it was important to clarify

:wyotethumb:

:doopdeedoo:
I appreciate your clarification. I’m not that sensitive. I was many years ago but life has a way of toughening some people up.

I appreciate your clarification. I’m not that sensitive. I was many years ago but life has a way of toughening some people up.

That reminds me, I wonder who would consider Dan Bilzerian a good man.

But "Slut", "Whore", "Bitch", these words have popular culture currency, I encounter them frequently in pop culture, and they're derogatory judging terms of women.
Women will occasionally apply these titles to themselves with pride so... self sexism?
EDIT: Well except for "whore"
And yet, if a woman enjoys sex she is a "slut" or a "ho," but if a man enjoys sex, he's just being a man...
Or he's being a gigolo :neutral:

Also the first 45 seconds of this video:

Last edited:
Women will occasionally apply these titles to themselves with pride so... self sexism?

They can reclaim it if they want to, and find power in it, that's good for them. They are entitled to take control of their own self and experience it how ever they want to with whatever words they choose. It's not the same thing as others inflicting judgments on them about who they are, and it doesn't make it OK for others to inflict judgments on them just because they experience those kinds of ideas in their own way on their own terms.

They can reclaim it if they want to, and find power in it, that's good for them. They are entitled to take control of their own self and experience it how ever they want to with whatever words they choose. It's not the same thing as others inflicting judgments on them about who they are
True
and it doesn't make it OK for others to inflict judgments on them just because they experience those kinds of ideas in their own way on their own terms.
Celebrating the idea that you have poor impulse control whilst being upset that people accuse you of having poor impulse control- there's the rub.

Last edited:
True

Celebrating the idea that you have poor impulse control whilst being upset that people accuse you of having poor impulse control is the rub.

I have absolutely no idea whether they have poor impulse control or not and I don't think that it's possible to know whether they do or not. I think all it is really possible to determine about people who have sex with other people is that they have sex with other people. Saying more specific things about them would be making generalisations and assumptions. As far as society is concerned, I think that the most important thing is that they are fully mutually consenting with their partners about the interaction that will take place. As far as I'm personally concerned, why they do it or how they go about it is basically their business. I don't judge, I get on with my own life, I support them to get on with theirs.