What, if anything, do you fear? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

What, if anything, do you fear?

Some of us fear things, though do not know how we would respond to them irl. Our fears' actions may change our minds and give to us a better understanding of them.

"I don't like" some things, rather than "fear" them. I can understand how it might not be comfortable driving at night on a large wild animal on an interstate highway, @Night Sky . One cannot truly enjoy the night sky while indoors, though. Sometimes we must step out a little farther on the limb, for that is where the fruit is.

191021102054-02-car-impaled-by-log-truck-exlarge-169.jpg

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/21/us/car-impaled-by-log-truck-trnd/index.html

Reactions: 5ufvdee369jcdd
I have 2 greater fears. One is an intense fear of failure which oftentimes cripples me from actually doing anything because I in fact may fail the attempt. My other greater fear I think is that everything I think is right and moral is actually corrupt and wrong, and all my life I have led people astray and been a horrible person.

Laying on my deathbed, unfulfilled and tortured by regret. Wondering what life would have been like had I actually been true to myself and pursued what I wanted.

Being stripped of autonomy -- forced to obey someone else's rules and make love to their dreams.

Does this sound likely?

Not at all.

In fact, it's impossible because I've structured my entire existence around preventing it. I achieved everything I ever set out to do except for one last thing and that's within reach now. So if I died today there wouldn't be much "what if". Nevertheless, it's still a fear deep down.

I fear to disappoint the people important to me. :/

I fear nothing. I was once alone - there was no time and no world. I was 15 years old and alone and there was nothing else. Nothing is dreadful. It’s the most terrifying thing I’ve ever experienced and I don’t want to go back there.

Yet ... I wouldn’t go back and erase it. It was one of those breakthrough experiences that are like an awakening.

This is for your fears, Ren. No need to be alone.
G-S-01.jpg

Reactions: John K
Whatever you would like to share, if anything.
I'm afraid of hurting others, especially my loved ones.
My other most recurring fear is my potential being wasted because I didn't risk hurting my loved ones enough. It's an impossible dichotomy.
These aren't startling or panic-inducing fears as much as a lurking silent dread. A low but consistent pressure, and sharper some days than others.

There's other things I don't want or don't like, but aren't quite 'fears'.
Otherwise, my fear sense is a little numb.

I'm afraid of hurting others, especially my loved ones.
My other most recurring fear is my potential being wasted because I didn't risk hurting my loved ones enough. It's an impossible dichotomy.
These aren't startling or panic-inducing fears as much as a lurking silent dread. A low but consistent pressure, and sharper some days than others.

There's other things I don't want or don't like, but aren't quite 'fears'.
Otherwise, my fear sense is a little numb.
It’s so very difficult when you have to do what’s right and best for love of them, but it’s going to hurt them. One of the hardest things I have had to do was stopping my father from driving when his dementia had progressed so far it was unsafe. There was no way he would stop of his own accord. I actually left it almost too late. He lost his independence then because he could no longer do his own shopping. It’s a fearful thing.