What, if anything, do you fear? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What, if anything, do you fear?

My aborigine counsellor once told me that he went to his elder because of his constant anxiety. The elder put fear into an acronym:

False
Evidence
Appearing
Real

Now that I recognise why I’m scared (it happens often) I can be clear in thinking that it’s not actually as bad as I thought it would be.

Otherwise, I mostly fear disrupting the peace I have in a network of friends/acquittances. I especially fear what’s to come in the future and what legacy I’ll leave to my son/daughter.

Still afraid of dying, I guess, but that wouldn't be completely honest, for I've had many times that I would have embraced it and wanted to die. I'd say dying/or living with an unconsolable peak awareness of utter meaninglessness, total emptiness, uselessness, and realization that it may have been all for nothing (and there's nothing you or anyone else can do about it). It's the empty void that I fear the most...
Dang.. well we all have a contribution to something in life. Even if someone else doesn’t want to see it. Sometimes the best gift we can give ourselves is the love we kept giving away.

Being killed randomly or suddenly and especially violently and senselessly. A summary execution would be a good example. Or, I suppose, more likelyly, to be the first random person stabbed in a terrorist attack before everyone realises what's happening. Or even more likely, to get stabbed needlessly after being robbed or something. Something in that general ballpark/bloodbath

I don't know how to deal with the concept of fear, i may be inexperienced, young, but i can't conceptualize fear as something separated from us, i see fears as shadows, walls, and stop signs, they are, in my opinion, the signs our minds put forward to be better or more virtuous, fears are indeed paradoxes, they might be fated, "to each their own fears", i might say, they are very subjective and may even be connected with genes.
In conclusion we deal with fears to be better, yet i'm not able to speak about mine, maybe i am too detached by myself if you ever can be.

Being killed randomly or suddenly and especially violently and senselessly. A summary execution would be a good example. Or, I suppose, more likelyly, to be the first random person stabbed in a terrorist attack before everyone realises what's happening. Or even more likely, to get stabbed needlessly after being robbed or something. Something in that general ballpark/bloodbath
Hope you don’t live in Europe then.

Hope you don’t live in Europe then.

I do. I lived just down the road from two attacks in London. One was pretty major, the other totally random. It hasn't exactly helped...

I do. I lived just down the road from two attacks in London. One was pretty major, the other totally random. It hasn't exactly helped...
Ssssss ouch my dood. Carry a pair of keys on you. It's not exactly a knife but it'll work just as fine. If you get jumped, you're probably already dead. At least stick the bastard before you lose consciousness. You probably already know this, but avoid large groups of Arabs. Not being racist, just being realistic, especially if they're wearing hoodies.

Reactions: Infjente
I remember I shared my fears on a forum and some asshole decided it was funny to send me pictures of the things I feared :expressionless:

Eurasian_blue_tit_Lancashire.jpg