What happens when we die?

subwayrider

Into the White
Sep 26, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
What do you guys think happens to us after we've died? Where do we go? Heaven? Hell? Do we reincarnate? Do we simply pass into unconsciousness, into eternal slumber?

I believe we all make an imprint in this world. The bigger impact you make, the greater your afterlife will be. What afterlife is like and how you get there....idk. I think we all want to believe there is moar.

I believe we are all equal, and we all deserve the same in some respects. No person is truly more important than the other... just what we make of our life is what's more important. Therefor, we all deserve both equality in some respects and achievements in afterlife.

I speculate that our consciousness somehow persists after we die in some shape or form. I do not know how this would manifest and how we would be in that state, but I find it hard to believe that once our hearts stop pounding that a black curtain of nothingness falls and that is it for us. Though I don't dismiss that idea either. Anything can happen for what I know...which is nothing since I've never been dead.

Last edited:
Reactions: mochi
[MENTION=678]AUM[/MENTION]
but I find it hard to believe that once our hearts start pounding that a black curtain of nothingness falls and that is it for us.

Believe it my friend. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: grt$5vb and AUM
Our consciousness believes it is in nirvana as our life leaves. Then everything is over and some worms eat us.

I don't really mind the black curtain, unconsciousness. Being aware is oh-so-tiring.
It'll be like finally getting to lay your head down after the longest, most exhausting day of your life.

Last edited:
Reincarnation for me. Laws of the Conservation of Energy - it goes from our lives into the environment and continues indefinitely.

What happens after death is a metaphysical concept (in terms of what happens to the human identity, not the body). In this sense, you're dealing with limited knowlegde and no direct psychical evidence, only human logic and intuition, and depending in what you believe in, supernatural revelation.

I know physically I will return to the earth and the circle of life will continue on.
Spiritually I will give an account of my life in the presence of God, as according to my beliefs as a Christian.

So here are my beliefs regarding the afterlife;

I believe that human beings have eternal souls (since eternity nor infinity exists in nature, this is again is a metaphysical statement).
I have faith in Christ that he was telling the truth, that there is good historical reasons to believe in not only his existence but also in his death and resurrection, and that there are good logical and reasonable grounds to believe in the existence of a personal and divine, supernatural being whom we call God.

I would love to go to heaven, but whether I go there or not, I'll have to see. On this I'm going by faith.

I know Hell is not a politically correct view, but yes I am a hell believing Christian (no point denying it).

Hell to me is a place of madness where one indulges in their own twisted desires and delusions, resulting in the their own suffering. The evil within that individual is turned against them, and in that they will face their reality. I don't view Hell as a place where God directly punishes people, but rather as a place where God gives the individual over to themselves for eternity, and in spite the individual suffering will blame God for their own decision to be apart from God. Humans are not stable beings, not even on earth, not emotionally nor logically, I can only imagine how magnified that condition will be in place like Hell. The Hell that is spoken about by Jesus is metaphorical interpretation of this. Its not a nice place by the sounds of things. Hell on earth is bad enough.

As far as Heaven is concerned, it is the place of God. The only ones that are in Heaven are those that desire to be with God, accept God for who God is, humble themselves, place nothing above or equal to God and are willing to submit under his grace. The joy of Heaven is being in the presence of God, for me it would be an honor to be with God without the problems of the world on my shoulders. What I go through here on earth will be miniscule in comparison to the concept of eternal life, whichever way the scales tip. For some of those alive, earth will be either the closest thing to hell or heaven that they will experience.

Whatever you believe in, I believe that humans should strive to make the most of what they have here already, for all we know, this might be it.

i died once and what i remeber is that it was the most peacefull and i have felt complete joyfullness all images were gone just darkness then they brought me back :/

i died once and what i remeber is that it was the most peacefull and i have felt complete joyfullness all images were gone just darkness then they brought me back :/

Yeah, thats the same as what I experienced recently, I'm intrigued by what other people have experienced, some people see some pretty crazy stuff but thats probably most likely the result of the lack of blood to the brain as the body shuts down.

i believe that i will cease to exist in any way apart from in the memories of people who knew me or work i achieved. this belief suits me fine. i don't want to believe that my consciousness or awareness will persist in any way. i can't stand the thought of that.

I don't know what I'm believing in. Perhaps nothingness. Perhaps Heaven; in a strictly JudeoChristian view. Perhaps a cycle of resurrection, in a Buddhist sense. Perhaps other things.

But if you ask me the ideals...can I get the mishmash of it? I mean; Judeo Christian Heaven + Valhalla + Olympus + the 72 (sic?)virgins of Islamic Heaven does sound.....
...wait, debauched.

What happens to a computer when you smash its CPU?

What happens to a computer when you smash its CPU?

The CPU could be akin to the human brain, yes. However, consciousness could be like the software of a computer. And like a software, as long as you have a copy of that software, you can install it into another computer and begins working perfectly. Maybe it's the same with us, maybe after we die, our consciousness(the software) is uploaded into another system and so continues.

Reactions: eloquent_leo
I think we continue to live in the afterlife. Everyone goes to heaven. Some like it and some dont.

In any case, a long and peaceful rest.

We lose out consciousness, and cease to perceive and know. Lights out.

Boring, I know.