What does it mean "to love"? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What does it mean "to love"?

In May's thread on can you love someone you've never met, That Girl brought up the question of what is love.

So, to piggy back on her question:

1) What does it mean for you when you say you "love" someone?

2) What do you understand love to mean when someone says they "love" you?

I think there are many types of love. So i give respect to them. For my family friends, i tell them i love you all my friends. So there is no confusion. It is better to mention what type of love you are going to follow, so in this way say. I love this forum. This means i love this people as my friends.

It depends on them. I would prefer for more clarifications. How they love me. It is necessary, too. So confusions no more further.

Loving someone is very different than loving a quality or trait they display. Lesson learned.

It means they have earned my highest level of respect and admiration. I try not to use the phrase "I love you" often because then people start to take it for granted and devalue it, so I make an effort to keep it rare and sacred. Things are so much more meaningful when they are earned. Seldom is it that people are grateful for the simple, honest things in life. (That's why I am grateful for having met Elf here. hehe. :) I wish there were more people like him who put value on everything.)

I simly love people for having a fire in their spirit. I love how they are. I love how they have bad days, I love how they have amazing days. I just love them for them. I try to help them as much as possible when they go through bad days, because I can see the great potential they have and I don't want them to ever think they are worthless. I am the type of person that can fall in love with everyone as long as the other person is not PURE EVIL. -.-" This doesn't mean I let people walk all over me though. If they make poor decisions, I talk to them. I try to support them and get them through their tough times. I am stern when I have to be.

Once I love someone, it is meant to last. I do not give up on love. In a relationship it can be my weakness at times as the two times I have fallen in love, they both said they didn't love me as I loved them. One said I was obsessed, the other just didn't give me a chance to show my true self as we were going through hard times. I acted distant towards him, though, so he wouldn't be overwhelmed by my intensity. I guess I pushed him away too much. :( What I have observed is people give up so easily. I hate that.

So far, honestly. I have not met anyone save one or two, who feel the type of love I feel. It is very sad. :( I don't think I am perfect by any means, but when I hear what people define love as I worry and I wonder if maybe my expectations are too high. :(

It depends on who tells me they love me and what we have been through. This is where I am an INFJ and I go by what my intuition tells me when they say it. My parents don't tell me often that they love me, but I know they love me very much as do my siblings (even though we fight a lot). And my friends, I know they love me truly, and I love them. As for intimates, they have not loved me. They say "I love you" like the movies tell you to, but there was no substance there. I will keep searching. :)

I understand love to mean, "I am with you through your good times and your bad; I will respect you because you have earned my respect and deserve it; I love you for you even when I disagree, but when I see you are in trouble I will not let you fall without fighting for your well being; And I will be loyal in my love with you. True love knows no bounds when it is honest". This is love to me.

It means they have earned my highest level of respect and admiration. I try not to use the phrase "I love you" often because then people start to take it for granted and devalue it, so I make an effort to keep it rare and sacred. Things are so much more meaningful when they are earned. Seldom is it that people are grateful for the simple, honest things in life. (That's why I am grateful for having met Elf here. hehe. :) I wish there were more people like him who put value on everything.)

I simly love people for having a fire in their spirit. I love how they are. I love how they have bad days, I love how they have amazing days. I just love them for them. I try to help them as much as possible when they go through bad days, because I can see the great potential they have and I don't want them to ever think they are worthless. I am the type of person that can fall in love with everyone as long as the other person is not PURE EVIL. -.-" This doesn't mean I let people walk all over me though. If they make poor decisions, I talk to them. I try to support them and get them through their tough times. I am stern when I have to be.

Once I love someone, it is meant to last. I do not give up on love. In a relationship it can be my weakness at times as the two times I have fallen in love, they both said they didn't love me as I loved them. One said I was obsessed, the other just didn't give me a chance to show my true self as we were going through hard times. I acted distant towards him, though, so he wouldn't be overwhelmed by my intensity. I guess I pushed him away too much. :( What I have observed is people give up so easily. I hate that.

So far, honestly. I have not met anyone save one or two, who feel the type of love I feel. It is very sad. :( I don't think I am perfect by any means, but when I hear what people define love as I worry and I wonder if maybe my expectations are too high. :(

It depends on who tells me they love me and what we have been through. This is where I am an INFJ and I go by what my intuition tells me when they say it. My parents don't tell me often that they love me, but I know they love me very much as do my siblings (even though we fight a lot). And my friends, I know they love me truly, and I love them. As for intimates, they have not loved me. They say "I love you" like the movies tell you to, but there was no substance there. I will keep searching. :)

I understand love to mean, "I am with you through your good times and your bad; I will respect you because you have earned my respect and deserve it; I love you for you even when I disagree, but when I see you are in trouble I will not let you fall without fighting for your well being; And I will be loyal in my love with you. True love knows no bounds when it is honest". This is love to me.

I am talking about bold lines. Loving someone which will last forever is not weakness or mistake for yourself. It is your strength that you can understand LOVE properly and can make things happen. You have ability to build thing on base of love. People give up so easily and quickly, this means they don't want to test themselves, analyze themselves or want to grow more love. Give up people always loses in life. Never hesitate or afraid to do anything which is true and can last for long.

I am talking about bold lines. Loving someone which will last forever is not weakness or mistake for yourself. It is your strength that you can understand LOVE properly and can make things happen. You have ability to build thing on base of love. People give up so easily and quickly, this means they don't want to test themselves, analyze themselves or want to grow more love. Give up people always loses in life. Never hesitate or afraid to do anything which is true and can last for long.

Thank you, Roger, for your words of reassurance. :) You have given my hope more strength. I appreciate it greatly.

oh! And Thank you! :"> I plan on it.. I am on a mission to find myself, my true self - and I really like it here. It is helping so much to see and talk to people alot like my self. And.. @ Aquarelle99 -> Happy Anniversary. :) May a lifetime together follow :)

Thank you!!

Family and friends- It means that losing them will cut very deep, something I do not like to think about. It means I would do anything in my power to help them. It means I accept them for who they are and do not judge them.

The lover/true love- It begins as a warm fuzzy feeling, noticing everything that is beautiful about them...faults included. This continues to grow as a better understanding of who they are is revealed. The growth of love feels wonderful but it also hurts, wanting to be with her..time zips by and there is never enough of it. Always questioning the validity of feelings during this process, lust is present... love can be confused with this, yet lust will often dissipate after sexual gratification. Love will stay until a sense of betrayal begins to rip it out of the heart. This is why trust is so key in a loving relationship, betray that even just the slightest bit and it can topple. Very complicated, very dangerous, and very wonderful is love. I cannot think of one emotion that I desire more of in this life, better than any drug or worldly possession, it makes life worth living and coming back for time and time again.

They got your back. While arguments may irritate and cause hurt feelings, when the shit hits the fan...they got your back. They hurt when you hurt, try to pick you up long after you've decided to stay down. Often they have a much nicer view of you than you do of yourself.

Often they have a much nicer view of you than you do of yourself.

Good point. It ss very important and a quality often underestimated. Of course, to have an honest relationship, we want a partner to know flaws/faults, but in the end, i'd hope they'd have a nicer view of me than i do myself.