What do you think of S-types? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

What do you think of S-types?

And chances of surpassing it/progressing understanding of it drop dramatically too.
That has less to do with being an S and more to do with acceptance, it can be argued that SJ's are less likely to accept something unless written in stone for them. SPs, are a different beast all together, and shouldn't be jumbled in together with SJs at any point, when you ask what's so good about being an S, you make the mistake of assuming all of them are one in the same which isn't the case at all. But something that the all S's do share is thriving in the here and now. Which was your question, wasn't it? What's so good about S's.
IMO, the chances of being removed from reality, at one point or another, is 100% for everyone.
IMO, S's can be just abstract as N's can but have little interest in being so, just like I can become an excellent baseball player, but have little interest in doing so.

Also, IMO chickens are the most majestic of all the birds.

IMO, IMO means subjective statement that has no relevance to the person you're speaking to unless they asked for it.

SH nailed it.

Trying to decide which is "better", is stupid, you can't possibly be impartial, you're basically assessing your own shadow, the weakest parts of yourself of course it's going to look inferior.

Last edited:
SH nailed it.

Trying to decide which is "better", is stupid, you can't possibly be impartial, you're basically assessing your own shadow, the weakest parts of yourself of course it's going to look inferior.

I think the mistake was that we gave an honest opinion of our experiences with S's, and how we can be annoyed at some of their natural weaknesses, and the others turned that into us being judgmental and hateful...which isn't true.

I think the mistake was that we gave an honest opinion of our experiences with S's, and how we can be annoyed at some of their natural weaknesses, and the others turned that into us being judgmental and hateful...which isn't true.

I'll give you that, this is true.

SH nailed it.

I disagree completely with this. Just because I normally prefer the INFP doesn't mean I think my complementory aspects are lacking or inferior at all. I can use sensing and thinking and I can be extroverted ad I can trust my judgements as well, and just because a vehicle isn't always driven at 100+ miles an hour doesn't mean it can't do it when you want it too. I do NOT think our complemetory sides are inferior just because they are not ALWAYS our favorites to use. So this also means that if you think your type is superior or inferior, you are just thinking about an aspect of yourself that way, and that doesn't make any sense!

Which I appreciate, I wouldn't want people to refrain from commenting or sugarcoat anything for fear of offending or starting a shitfight. I find it interesting to have these things out in the open, it is a good way to improve our understanding of the other.

So this also means that if you think your type is superior or inferior, you are just thinking about an aspect of yourself that way, and that doesn't make any sense!

That is exactly what I meant. :D

Which I appreciate, I wouldn't want people to refrain from commenting or sugarcoat anything for fear of offending or starting a shitfight. I find it interesting to have these things out in the open, it is a good way to improve our understanding of the other.

Sure, it's open and honest, and can be appreciated. It was just misinterpreted by others as spiteful.

IMO, S's can be just abstract as N's can but have little interest in being so, just like I can become an excellent baseball player, but have little interest in doing so.

Also, IMO chickens are the most majestic of all the birds.

IMO, IMO means subjective statement that has no relevance to the person you're speaking to unless they asked for it.
I was actually referring to death.
We're all going to be plucked from this reality, whether we like it or not. And, as the anecdote goes, Diogenes searched for Alexander's father's bones but could not distinguish them from the bones of slaves. :3

Doh!

I was actually referring to death.
We're all going to be plucked from this reality, whether we like it or not. And, as the anecdote goes, Diogenes searched for Alexander's father's bones but could not distinguish them from the bones of slaves. :3

Yes, but taking into account the average lifespan of a human being, I'm sure you'll find that more N's step into heavy traffic un-awares than S's. Untimely demise.

Yes, but taking into account the average lifespan of a human being, I'm sure you'll find that more N's step into heavy traffic un-awares than S's. Untimely demise.
And lefties have a higher chance of dying in a gardening accident.

Your point is?