What do people think of the Libya situation? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What do people think of the Libya situation?

I'd be really surprised if the US actually pulls out of Libya entirely once its "peacekeeping" missions are done, because I'm seeing yet again another occupation.

Interesting thought. The Russians and the Iranians are heading to the Mediterranean for ports; why not have a EU port and US port?

I wouldn't think so, though, as the EU is more against Israel. Maybe that is why they did what they did in Egypt, though??? Hard to say, as when this administration is gone Israel will be back in the program. The US would need influence in Egypt moreso than Libya in that case.

Never thought about that thought. Interesting.

I'm happy that the people of Libya and other nations are revolting against their oppressive dictators/monarchies. I really hope what we are seeing is the birth of democracy in these places, although I don't expect it to happen quickly or easily.

On an individual basis I hear very tragic things and I hope the interference by other nations can limit harm done to civilians, but when I think about the bigger picture I see revolution in that area as a great thing.

Interesting thought. The Russians and the Iranians are heading to the Mediterranean for ports; why not have a EU port and US port?

I wouldn't think so, though, as the EU is more against Israel. Maybe that is why they did what they did in Egypt, though??? Hard to say, as when this administration is gone Israel will be back in the program. The US would need influence in Egypt moreso than Libya in that case.

Never thought about that thought. Interesting.

Do you believe that if a zionist state (with no Palestineans in it) is created that biblical prophesy will be fulfilled and that it will beckon in the second coming of christ?

Do you believe that if a zionist state (with no Palestineans in it) is created that biblical prophesy will be fulfilled and that it will beckon in the second coming of christ?

I believe that is an entirely different subject.

I believe that is an entirely different subject.

Not at all...it is ALL related

Why do you keep avoiding this question?

Last edited:
Not at all...it is ALL related

Why do you keep avoiding this question?

Start a new thread with your question. What I believe may have nothing to do with your question at all.

Maybe the 100 plus demonstrators killed in Syria has more to do with this than your question.

Tomorrow's news today(time changes).

You are in:swissinfo.ch

Last edited:
copied from above...""The whole system is changing," said Beirut-based commentator Rami Khoury. "Every single country without exception has to make changes."

Is America so different? What would they do and how would they act if this were to happen in America? Would the EU and the UN help the "rebels" with cruise missiles? Would Obama step aside?

I think the difference is that our presidents aren't dictators able to stay in power for decades with no or fake elections, they have no power to stay if we vote them out. We chose our leaders and change them often so an actual revolution isn't really necessary like it is in places where the people have no representation in government.

Well so far the UN forces seem to be just containing Gaddafis military and airforce. Although I distrust the motives if it helps the rebels and gives them a chance of some type of democracy then good. I'm sure the overriding reason is oil but even so. As bad as the west is Gaddafi is much worse. I'll be happy if there is no ground invasion or arming of rebels.

Read where there will be arming of rebels by the US in Libya; the US, whose government needs something to revive it. Voting and changing leaders never has changed much over the past decades. People need jobs. Small businesses need work. Banks are not paying enough interest. Property has lost its value. The economy is slipping into the darkness. People may very well stand up against that which other nations are seeking. The US wants to help other nations be like us.

I have watched people in the last two to three years lose their jobs, their savings, their 401Ks, their IRAs, their property, their home, their insurance, and watched government agencies freeze their spending, stop rehiring to replace retirees, offer early retirements, and the list could well be added to by others.

Yes, we are somewhat free. People in Libya are seeking reform. People in Syria are seeking reform. People everywhere are seeking reform. I love my country, but cannot watch silently as it tries to make everyone else like us when we are in such dire straits our own selves.

Last edited:
I do support the cause of the people in Libya.

I do not agree with the selective support of the U.S. We ignore countries in which the same thing is happening, because they have no value to us. Or because we are 'friends' with the country's leader.

We are inconsistent. Not to mention, we shouldn't be trying to deal with other country's problems until we have fixed our own problems, which are growing exponentially by the day.

On the one hand I am not in favour of dictators at all, and I want to see him deposed in favour of something more democratic.

however if it simply means that yet another resourceful country is going to be taken advantage of by the USA then I certainly have a problem with it.

My issue is simply that the USA tends to deal with dictators when it suits them, and they have a lot of control in the UN.

If they truely cared about dictators then something would be done about many other countries in the world and it's just being ignored because the USA get plenty of consessions.

blame it on the a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-alcohol

[MENTION=2873]Serenity[/MENTION]

I dont think we will ever be to the point where we have zero problems. I think we should help people when we can. Perhaps we can help and then have them take on some of our debt or something.

I dont think we will ever be to the point where we have zero problems. I think we should help people when we can. Perhaps we can help and then have them take on some of our debt or something.

I agree. Nothing can ever be perfect.

My problem comes when we are picking and choosing who we 'help', solely based on what we can get back. If you want to help people, you help them. I don't think that asking for something in return is helping someone, that's being paid for a service. And, hey, if the U.S. government wants to sell "democracy"... uh.... cool?

Well, no, not really. I don't like that. But at least it's more honest than saying we're helping when we really are just looking for power, and gain.

Word is the US has already spent over 550 million bucks(that they are willing to talk about) on their mission in Libya. Did the Obama speech change the way any of you feel?

Didn't change the way I feel in the least bit.

I do hope that the people will be able to set up their own country and nationalize their oil reserves. After all the damage this civil war is going to create, if the oil remained public for the benefit of all Libyans that would be great. Not gonna happen though =/

Didn't change the way I feel in the least bit.

I do hope that the people will be able to set up their own country and nationalize their oil reserves. After all the damage this civil war is going to create, if the oil remained public for the benefit of all Libyans that would be great. Not gonna happen though =/

I don't think that will ever happen anywhere.

I don't think that will ever happen anywhere.
Mexico, and if it hadn't been for the happenings in Europe leading up to WWII we probably would have gone to war with them over it.