We have a government agency devoted to groping old women and babies. | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

We have a government agency devoted to groping old women and babies.

The safety issue is unresolved for me.

The other reason for not using it is that by voting with your feet you cast a vote against the controls the elite are trying to impose on us. The controls, regardless of what they tell us, are not for our benefit; they are to subjugate us.

As they squeeze us financially they will expect a reaction so watch out for further controls

Last edited:
Wow, I cannot believe this thread has gone on this long! I must have struck a massive nerve. I was half joking when I posted this.

I think some public perceptions of radiation are formed from memories of things like the peoples skin falling off after Chernobyl or the extinction event possibility created by nuclear weapons or the higher rates of luekemia around electric substations and power lines....those sort of things have definately damaged the publics perception of radiation

So is that a yes you would use the scanner?

The safety issue is unresolved for me.

The other reason for not using it is that by voting with your feet you cast a vote against the controls the elite are trying to impose on us. The controls, regardless of what they tell us, are not for our benefit; they are to subjugate us plain and simple.

As they squeeze us financially they will expect a reaction so watch out for further controls

Yes I would use the scanner, I have no qualms about it what so ever. Even if there is a risk with it, I do things and interact with things that would be far more likely to cause cancer in me then a scanner anyway (I work in an organic research lab with risky chemicals, even then I am not worried at all about that).

You really think think what they are doing is not for our benifit? Wow if thats the case then I am done talking to you about this matter.

Yup I think we have hit an impasse!

I don't know if what is being done with regards to security in this country could be called 'for your benefit'. The company that was given the contract to build the Backscatter machines and implement them in air-ports across the country is party of a consulting group run by Michael Chertoff, former head of Homeland security. He made a big'ol chunk of change off the deal.

So no, I don't think it was done 'for your benefit'. I think this was done for the benefit of a group of investors. I think this technology and the consequential 'pat downs' that have been inflicted on both the people of this country and the persons tasked with the unfortunate duty have been done mostly to benefit a group of security firms, technology companies, and government contractors who've been looting the Treasury since the mid-70's. These contracts aren't uncommon and the policy that comes out of them is almost universally bad.

Reactions: muir
I am sick of this security argument, and I am going to be blunt and uncaring with this opinion, because I am sick and tired of people complaining across the board (p.s. I am not saying this to anyone in particular, I just use "you" for ease of speaking).

SUCK IT UP! For fucks sake suck it up. I don't give a damn if you need to be patted down for security reasons, or you need a full body scan. Neither of these things are an invasion of privacy even in the slightest. This is done for security reasons, and nothing more. Are you seriously this concerned that some guy in security is going to oggle you on a very grainy image, or make fun of you? Or do you really think the guy or girl who has to pat you down is getting turned on or even enjoying doing that? Get off your fucking ego trip, you are not that important. Like you don't get looked at like an object every day as it is without you knowing? It makes no difference.

If it were up to me, I think that people who refuse both of the security screenings should be turned away from the airport without a penny refunded. It's pathetic really that people see this as some big government invasion privacy. The second anyone hears the word government they automatically think that it's evil and corrupt. Do you really think the government over all doesn't have our best interests at heart? No? Well the get the fuck out of my face and go live in la la land with your hippy waste of life lazy twats. I am tired of people being unreasonable with all of this.

I have absoultely no problem at all with the full body scanner. Personally I am unconfortable with the intense patdowns, but you know what? That's life, tough cookies. I will make due because it is what needs to be done. It would not be done if it was not thought to be nesscarry.

Suck it up. If you don't like it, shut up and don't involve yourself with it. If you have to fly, then learn to live with it, or find another job.
Do you feel any tougher after sucking it up? :)

You need prolonged exposure to radiation to get cancer. The lead lining in hospitals is to protect workers.

Nobody will be harmed by the backscatter.

I'm curious of the statistical data of how successful the more aggeressive pat downs and full body scanners have been over the previous system.

I'm curious of the statistical data of how successful the more aggeressive pat downs and full body scanners have been over the previous system.

so far so good I guess, it would be hard to get data without another attempted hijacking or successfulness one.

so far so good I guess, it would be hard to get data without another attempted hijacking or successfulness one.

Yeah, see, I don't like the automatic assumption, but you're right, it's difficult to tell how much difference these new methods make.

it's difficult to tell how much difference these new methods make.
But it's easy to determine that despite anything else, the government clearly has more control over the country.
I know I'm mostly alone with this opinion, but I don't think it is for the better of the people.
I think that terrorism isn't as much a threat as it is made out to be.

But it's easy to determine that despite anything else, the government clearly has more control over the country.
I know I'm mostly alone with this opinion, but I don't think it is for the better of the people.

We share the same opinion, I always find myself shellshocked when I visit America as to how controlled the people are, it truly is horrific. Terrorists are often used as tools to manipulate the public.

Then don't see it as an anti-terrorist action, just see it as an upgrade of technology. We have this now, and it's better than the old method, so why not use it?