Was Jesus a plagarist? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Was Jesus a plagarist?

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by meanlittlechimp, Sep 1, 2009.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 6 users.
More threads by meanlittlechimp
  1. Shai Gar

Shai Gar Guest

Paul is akin to one of these new Fundamentalists who've found a religion that they could use to get power and or wealth. A lot of what he says is contrary to what Jesus said, and since he never even met the man, and yet people put more stock in his words than in Peters, the JESUS APPOINTED Apostle.

People make fun of Morons, I mean Mormons, for taking at face value the gospels that Joe Smith where there were none to verify... and yet take Paul at his word for receiving "revelation" all alone.

It wasn't included in the bible because it wasn't found until 1945. It has far more place in there than the Paul Epistles. Hell, the whole of the General Epistles ought to be in there.

Fuck this, I'm rewriting and publishing the Bible. Satya, wanna help?

2. muir

Banned

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    The bible does provide a fairly sensible moral code for society, but i don't see why the same end can't be acheived through humanism.

I'm always amazed how many people in the US are obsessed with Jesus (or claim to be obsessed with Jesus), when you have an enlightened individual such as Noam Chomsky living, in the flesh, in the US today. He is a genius, even his enemies would not dispute that. He has evolved human thought and is pointing the way for others, yet he doesn't get air time on national television.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #22 muir, Oct 22, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  3. Shai Gar

Shai Gar Guest

How do people graduate primary school not knowing the difference between "Their", "There" and "They're"?

4. youhemmein

youhemmein awkward turtle
    Donor

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    2w1
    :lol:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. NeverAmI

NeverAmI Satisclassifaction
    Retired Staff

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFP
    Enneagram:
    5w4
  6. NeverAmI

Retired Staff

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFP
    Enneagram:
    5w4
    Noam Chomsky is the shit.

7. muir

Banned

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
  8. NeverAmI

Retired Staff

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFP
    Enneagram:
    5w4
    I have SERIOUSLY been wanting to study all kinds of religions due to this documentary. I take all this with a grain of salt until I can verify on other credible sources. But it is also quite fascinating to me.

muir likes this.
  9. muir

Banned

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ

I think it all adds up. Each group throughout history has needed to sanction what it is doing by claiming they have higher authority.

I know religion provides an outlet for some people's spiritual feelings and it can give them direction in life; what worries me about it is that it distracts people from the here and now. It makes people more willing just to put up with things, because they believe that this is all a test and they have a whole eternity of happiness to look forward to. I would prefer it though if they weren't so passive and actually stopped and thought for a minute and maybe they might think 'hold on a minute the way this world is working stinks; maybe we should do something about it!'

I think Marx put it well when he said:

'Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is the demand for their real happiness. To call on them to give up their illusions about their condition is to call on them to give up a condition that requires illusions. The criticism of religion is, therefore, in embryo, the criticism of that vale of tears of which religion is the halo.'

10. slant

slant amour-propre
    Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    Enneagram:
    6-4-9
    Yeah, I've read books about that and I do believe that's what happened. It would explain his Buddhist-like teachings.

11. Barnabas

Barnabas Time Lord

Threads:
    MBTI:
    wiblywobly
    Enneagram:
    timeywimey
    Your joking right. Paul taught in the teachings and traditions of Jesus, never against him. Secondly to say that paul did what he did for wealth and power then your ignorant of who he was and what he was, what he did and who he became.

I would love to speak on Mormonism however I'm as of yet semi-ignorant to their beliefs, sorry. I can talk on that when I'm done with my study of world views and religions.

Best of luck in your publishing. Make sure you read them in their original language first so you know what your publishing.

12. Shai Gar

Shai Gar Guest

Oh goody. A plaything.

Tomorrow morning when I wake up (tonight I'm going to a party, and then straight to sleep), I'll argue with you.

I shall enjoy this.

13. Satya

Satya C'est la vie
    Retired Staff

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INXP
    Play nice. If I have to, so do you.

14. Solongo

Solongo Well-known member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ all day
    Bill Maher..

Perhaps BIll Maher's documentary Religulous may open up can of worms? I enjoyed the doc very much and in the end he discusses the Egyptian God Horus who predated Jesus and who was born to a virgin mother, who was not married, was baptised in the river and crucified....everything that Jesus went through as we know of it...interesting stuff.

But yes, Jesus was a Buddhist or at least influenced by it. Hard to say since we don't know who wrote the bible.

15. NeverAmI

Retired Staff

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFP
    Enneagram:
    5w4
    I enjoyed his documentary very much as well! However, he is MUCH more pro-Israel than I am. But there was a lot of truth in it.

16. Faye

Faye ^_^
    Retired Staff

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    I don't think Jesus was a plagiarist. They didn't even know what plagiarism or intellectual property are back then.

Also, I think that when people go deep into the mind and spirit, they come to similar conclusions.

17. NeverAmI

Retired Staff

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFP
    Enneagram:
    5w4
    If I recall correctly, we don't have a scrap of evidence that Jesus ever existed. How could we say he plagiarized something?

18. Solongo

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ all day
    If Jesus was a plagiarist, he must have been multilingual?:mk: Buddhism in the early stages must have been in ancient Indian sanskrit?

19. NeverAmI

Retired Staff

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFP
    Enneagram:
    5w4
    Buddhism's first language it was transcribed to was Pali (The Tipitaka) which is VERY similar, but not related, to Sanskrit. I am absolutely fascinated with Sanskrit, and the Khmer Empire too!

20. Solongo

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ all day

I would love to learn about the Mughal empire as they seem to have descended from Genghis Khan....my peeps:m076: