Waiting for the "One" or Settle? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Waiting for the "One" or Settle?

Really you should be able to stomach being alone, you were born that way and you'll die that way.
I agreed with a lot of what you said, slant, but this... is not true.

Don't fall into the hard, self-blaming emotions; don't be tempted to deny yourself a full life in some misguided project of 'personal discipline'.

Human beings are not meant to be alone.

Don't fall into the hard, self-blaming emotions; don't be tempted to deny yourself a full life in some misguided project of 'personal discipline'.

Well I mean if you have fulfilling loving friendships, couldn't you argue that's enough to sustain most people?

Well I mean if you have fulfilling loving friendships, couldn't you argue that's enough to sustain most people?
You could argue that, and it is argued very vehemently by the self-help culture. It's an argument that some people need.

But... it's not wise to deny that human beings are built for a different type of bond, too. Go to a mirror and look at your body. Half of those dangly and slick bits aren't for 'survival alone'.

If you were to look into your mind, too, half of it is structured for 'that bond'.

Be happy alone, that's great and I encourage it. But don't repress your nature, whatever that might be.

Human beings love, reproduce, and build families of all kinds. They are happiest when they are allowed to love with all the depth that they're built for.

You're right.

There ain't no "one". . oh, it sells books, movies and songs, but it's a lie that causes us to question relationships. . love and relationship is work. . you get out what you put in. we choose to love. . now why we choose, that is a question for the gods.

a1d13dfff5f8410b637305f546a2e705a1f8f7f5.jpg