Vitamins suck. | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Vitamins suck.

For the Vitamin D3 comments: There are actually many people out there, who are deficient in this and don't even know it, the main reason being they don't get enough sunlight, read: at least 10-15 minutes of complete exposure (no sunscreen) a day. And while this is the best way to obtain Vitamin D (it actually becomes "active" in the body), there are many places in the world that get very little sunlight, so obtaining it through other means is necessary.

+1

LOL, [MENTION=834]Dragon[/MENTION] 's post made me remember that I used to buy vitamins in gummy form, but I'd have no self control and eat the entire jar like candy in one sitting, so I had to stop buying them. :D

Vitamins supplements have their place.

I was stationed in a very low-light environment for a few months, so I took vitamin D.

I like the taste of vitamin C - but as for other supplements, I rarely take them.

If, by the way, excessive vitamin supplements are dangerous to health - and if most people are taking too many supplements - then there may be some reduction over the centuries of vitamin supplement intolerant genes from our population.

I take a multivitamin daily because I really don't have any other options. School is expensive, so the food I eat (the food I can afford) is all highly processed shit that I know isn't good for me and definitely isn't giving me the nutrients I need. Once I actually have the money to eat better I will. I miss fruits and vegetables. I'll get an apple or a banana every day but that's about it. Unfortunately, living in the city makes getting cheap healthy food hard.

BadAssMotherFucker try eating hella pinto beans. That's what I do. I just boil a big pot of beans, make mexican rice, and boil chicken. Then I buy a bag of tortillas and live off it for a week. It's hella cheap and it tastes good. It's better than eating Top Ramen and all that processed junk.

Reactions: muir
+1

LOL, [MENTION=834]Dragon[/MENTION] 's post made me remember that I used to buy vitamins in gummy form, but I'd have no self control and eat the entire jar like candy in one sitting, so I had to stop buying them. :D

It's okay niffer everyone knows you just did that last week you don't have to lie.

unless you have a distinct and health related deficiency in some vitamin i don't believe you should take a vitamin supplement.
eat fresh healthy foods, exercise and get enough sleep. your body will thrive.