Vegetarians and meat-eaters | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Vegetarians and meat-eaters

Would you?

• Total voters
Heh, guess I'll be the first one to state being against it. :m122:

I know we are supposed to be all 'accepting' of other peoples views and all, but I am going to be realistic and say I would not date a vegetarian. There is no reasoning they could give that would not make me call 'bullshit' in my head. But largely it's that I love my meat, and most of the meals I have contain meat. Throughout a relationship I imagine we'd both be cooking for the other, and cooking two different meals all the time or being cooked veggie meals all the time does not appeal to me in the least. It could work short term I suppose, however I am certain it would never work out in the long term. As I will not date anyone I am guaranteed to not stay with then I can easily say that I am never going to date a vegetarian.

This was the reason I had against it. Of course there's the scenario you will never cook for each other. Not all relationships are of the same recipe.

Though I do not share your strong opposition. I just see your points as being valid. As always, it depends who you are.

Last edited:
Only if the vegetarian agreed to clean up all her dandruff carefully. :p

All the vegans I know have terrible skin and eczema.

Long as they don't stand up on a soap box and go into a tirade about me eating something with a face we're good.

Heh, guess I'll be the first one to state being against it. :m122:

I know we are supposed to be all 'accepting' of other peoples views and all, but I am going to be realistic and say I would not date a vegetarian. There is no reasoning they could give that would not make me call 'bullshit' in my head. But largely it's that I love my meat, and most of the meals I have contain meat. Throughout a relationship I imagine we'd both be cooking for the other, and cooking two different meals all the time or being cooked veggie meals all the time does not appeal to me in the least. It could work short term I suppose, however I am certain it would never work out in the long term. As I will not date anyone I am guaranteed to not stay with then I can easily say that I am never going to date a vegetarian.

I was going to post the same but couldn't be arsed.

+1.

I'd only date a meat eater if they weren't way into the meat thing. I used to date one, but he limited it to chicken ... he even tried to go vegetarian but had to stop because he was really physically active and found that it made him too tired.

I didn't realize how much this matters to me until I got a roommate who is a big time meat eater ... he has it with every meal. The smell is constant and it grosses me out. I couldn't live that if the relationship were more intimate. Too much of a clash.

I am a lacto-vegetarian married for a long, long time to a big time meat eater.

He gets physically sick if he tries to eat like me, and he really tried for months to go vegetarian. I used to think everyone should be vegetarian until I met him. He got SO sick I could not believe it. Then I tried a meat-eating, high protein diet and got just as sick on that as he did on my diet.

So, we do have to eat some separate foods, but mostly, for dinner as an example, we will eat the same two vegetables, and the same fruit for dessert, but he will have some roast turkey and I will have some non-fat cottage cheese for protein.

IMO, it is harder, and I would not choose it all other things being equal, but it's not nearly as big a deal to me as ethical flaws, intelligence level, or being an "E" type would be.

klutzo

So here is a question for you lot: If you are a vegetarian/meat-eater, would you date a meat-eater/vegetarian?

i'm a meat eater, my boyfriend's a vegetarian, we get along fine. it helps that i rarely eat meat, and can sympathize with his views because i was vegetarian (vegan) for a number of years before i decided to quit (mostly for health reasons).

Reactions: acd
I don't care whether or not the person I would potentially be with is a vegetarian, vegan or a meat eater. As long as they're not judging me for my choices in food then I'm a-okay. If they have concerns with me eating meat then they're welcome to voice them but I don't need to be lectured.

In my view, if you're choosy about foods, then you're choosy about people. I can't date anyone who won't give foods a good try first before the thumbs down.

"Tell me what you eat, I’ll tell you who you are." ~Anthelme Brillat-Savarin / Iron Chef

Reactions: acd