Vegetarians and meat-eaters

Would you?

• Total voters

Skoffin

<font color=#00EE99>She Whose Name We Do Not Speak
Sep 29, 2009
MBTI
INTP
So here is a question for you lot: If you are a vegetarian/meat-eater, would you date a meat-eater/vegetarian?

Last edited:
as long as they don't have issues with my eating of fish, I don't see the problem.

i would like to be a vegetarian. i rarely eat fish anymore, i'll make it someday soon. i wouldn't mind dating a meat eater at all. i don't like telling other people what to do and i sometimes feel kind of gratified when they do what i might not agree with because i'm paranoid about controlling people. but also it doesn't bother me what decisions other individuals make.

Scott-Pilgrim-vs-the-World-Todd-Ingram-Close-Up-9-6-10-kc.jpg

Vegan powers?

Reactions: invisible
Yes. I would find it nice that someone would make vegitarian food for me.

I'm borderline, so I wouldn't care.

How she acts about food in general is more important.

I don't east a lot of meat anyway. I eat chicken fairly often, but would not mind cutting back. Normally I don't have other meat more than once a month and even then only in moderation, but I've made several beef containing dishes (Pasta e Fagioli, lasagna, tacos) for the family in the past few weeks. I don't care much for fish, and hate shellfish.

I wouldn't mind dating a vegetarian or meat eater, unless she is really pushy about making me eat the same foods she does (especially if those foods are steaks and shellfish). Someone who dislikes spicy foods would be worse.

Heh, guess I'll be the first one to state being against it. :m122:

I know we are supposed to be all 'accepting' of other peoples views and all, but I am going to be realistic and say I would not date a vegetarian. There is no reasoning they could give that would not make me call 'bullshit' in my head. But largely it's that I love my meat, and most of the meals I have contain meat. Throughout a relationship I imagine we'd both be cooking for the other, and cooking two different meals all the time or being cooked veggie meals all the time does not appeal to me in the least. It could work short term I suppose, however I am certain it would never work out in the long term. As I will not date anyone I am guaranteed to not stay with then I can easily say that I am never going to date a vegetarian.

Reactions: 88chaz88
I wouldn't mind but I'm sure they wouldn't really care for me ordering steak when we go out.... I love steak :/

I've seriously wanted to become vegetarian before and have somewhat reduced my meat intake (though not as much as I eventually hope to). I would be fine dating someone who either does or does not eat meat as long as they eat somewhat healthily. A person who has no control over what they eat is highly unappealing to me.

Food is not really a big deal breaker for me. I eat when I have to more than when I want to. I don't incorporate enjoyment of food into my lifestyle.. so I wouldn't mind dating someone who ate differently than me. I don't eat meat.

I have friends who eat meat and I can honestly say I've never been bothered by it on occasions when we do go to a restaurant or I'm at their house.
My family eats meat and I go over to my mom's for dinner at least once a week (and just eat the vegetables.) It's no big deal to me. I don't expect other people to conform to my morals and conscience.
Just so happens I'm with another vegetarian.. but if he decided to eat meat again I wouldn't break up with him and it wouldn't be an issue...unless he nagged me incessantly to eat meat.. (which would be ridiculous and indicative of other deeper issues anyway.)

If I ever have children, I'll probably feed them meat when they are in their younger years because it provides essential nutrients for growing bodies.. but I would be sure that the food I purchased and used did not come from factory farms. My mom and her neighbors pitch in money together and purchase a cow from a local farmer. What they get feeds each of them for months. I'd do something like that... or raise my own chickens.

Last edited:
I don't date in the first place.

But I will say that I'll gladly eat either meat or vegetables. I'll eat whatever the other person likes, because I have no real preference. It just doesn't matter that much to me. I don't think it really matters in the long run what you eat, or don't eat.

Nope.

Depends. I'm a vegetarian, I would prefer to date someone who also had the same views as me on vegetarianism or who understood from my point of view.
Although, I'm not a dating person.

Me + Dating = Fail.

Last edited:

I know we are supposed to be all 'accepting' of other peoples views and all, but I am going to be realistic and say I would not date a vegetarian. There is no reasoning they could give that would not make me call 'bullshit' in my head. But largely it's that I love my meat, and most of the meals I have contain meat. Throughout a relationship I imagine we'd both be cooking for the other, and cooking two different meals all the time or being cooked veggie meals all the time does not appeal to me in the least. It could work short term I suppose, however I am certain it would never work out in the long term. As I will not date anyone I am guaranteed to not stay with then I can easily say that I am never going to date a vegetarian.

I share the same sentiments.

I don't see why not as long as they don't try to force me to go Vegan...I'm already semi-vegetarian

I'm an omnivore and am only interested in being with another omnivore. The reason for this is that if there is potential for a long term relationship and maybe marriage, it would be more convenient if we had somewhat similar tastes in food. Some people might not see this as a good reason but it makes a lot of sense to me.

+1

I'm a vegetarian. While I've dated non-veg ladies, no chance in hell am I cooking meat for them, so they at a minimum need to be cool with eating veggie (and I really like to cook). Long story short, it's easier if I date another vegetarian or a vegan, or someone who's willing to be converted ;-)