Vampires in movies | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Vampires in movies

"What We Do In The Shadows" is the best!!!

For more serious movies:

"Bram Stoker's Dracula" with Gary Oldman.
"Nosferatu" (1922, by F. W. Murnau)
"Shadow of the Vampire" with Willem DaFoe
"Let The Right One In" (The Swedish film, 2008). "Let Me In" is good, too, but not as good.

If they ever make "The Historian" into a movie it will probably be good, too. The book by Elizabeth Kostova is the second best vampire novel I've read. (Dracula is number one, of course.) I really liked the vampire genre before Twilight and the Southern Vampire Mysteries ruined it. "What We Do In The Shadows" was a good save!

@Wildfire - Ohhhhh! I need to watch that! JRM is awesome, too.

Castlevania series on Netflix is a good adult anime. The first season is super short and fun. Violent imagery for those sensitive.

Reactions: Wyote and Will
Bitten

Low budget movie with a dark comedy genre.

Bitten-Movie-Poster.jpg

Reactions: Wyote
I could echo my favourites from those already mentioned, and so I will :D

Dracula 2000 - I don't know if it was the first movie with Gerry that I know, but I also Jonny Lee Miller is in it, so...
Dark Shadows - I just like Tim Burton's weird
Queen of the Damned - this Lestat was better than Tom Cruise

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
- women can be cool too without being overly sexualised (the cast was just brilliant in general)
Hotel Transylvania - those were just plain cute

Night Watch (2004) - Russian vampires are portrayed a little differently imo. Although they are not predominantly a theme in the movie, Kostja is a rather important figure in one of the stories.

Aren't we forgetting From Dusk Til Dawn? (I don't think anyone mentioned it before...) That was a fun twist into the absurd :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Will
Es ok :)

It’s from, From Dusk till Dawn. Have you also watched the sequels Texas Blood Money and Hangman’s Daughter?
No, I didn't know there were sequels. Are they worth watching?

No, I didn't know there were sequels. Are they worth watching?

Yes, though they are not directed by Robert Rodriguez. They still carry that thriller and crime theme. Also, much of it still relates to that “betrayal within a group” type of storyline and the third movie is actually a prequel.

I’ve said too much. *turns into a bat and flys away*

Reactions: Ginny
Yes, though they are not directed by Robert Rodriguez. They still carry that thriller and crime theme. Also, much of it still relates to that “betrayal within a group” type of storyline and the third movie is actually a prequel.

I’ve said too much. *turns into a bat and flys away*
Nah, it's not like you have revealed anything specific about the movies. You're fine :)

I'll look them up sometime.