Value Sorter | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Value Sorter

Family

People who value this are likely to: provide and care for members of one's family

Having this value can be challenging because: you may not have enough time for yourself

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Theodore Roosevelt, Robert Kennedy, Marian Wright Edelman

One benefit of this value is... you may have more happiness in your life

"The family is one of nature's masterpieces." George Santayana

Justice

People who value this are likely to: seek fairness for all people

Having this value can be challenging because: you may become angry with all the injustice you see and learn about

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Jane Adams, Dredd Scott, Voltaire

One benefit of this value is... you may experience he personal satisfaction of making the world a better place

"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free." Clarence Darrow:

Peace

People who value this are likely to: to have a sense of tranquility and centeredness and seek harmony among people and communities

Having this value can be challenging because: you may isolate yourself from the world

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Alva Myrdal, Jimmy Carter, Thicht Naht Hahn

One benefit of this value is... you may feel an inner peace yourself

"Until he extends his circle of compassion to include all living things, man will not himself find peace." Albert Schweitzer

I think being a mom has a whole lot to do with the first one.

Last edited:
Value 1

Independence

People who value this are likely to: innovate, solve problems, stretch the boundaries

Having this value can be challenging because: you may keep yourself from forming close relationships that would be rewarding

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are John Muir, Emily Dickinson, Henry David Thoreau

One benefit of this value is... you may be strong and resilient

"True individual freedom cannot exist without economic security and independence. People who are hungry and out of a job are the stuff of which dictatorships are made." Franklin D. Roosevelt

Value 2

Adventure

People who value this are likely to: to experience the excitement of being outside of one's comfort zone

Having this value can be challenging because: you may seek thrills at the expense of other values you hold

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Charles Lindbergh, Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay, Jacques-Yves Cousteau

One benefit of this value is... you may experience excitement and self-satisfaction

"It is only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it were the only one we had." Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

Value 3

Health

People who value this are likely to: to be well in mind and body

Having this value can be challenging because: you may become obsessed with your appearance and capabilities

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Andrew Weil,

One benefit of this value is... you may have a higher quality of life

"Health is the thing that makes you feel that now is the best time of the year." Franklin P. Adams

What an awesome test!
I agree with these results.

Last edited:
1. Independence
2. Health
3. Nature/Beauty

Great test, Quin. :smile:

1. Nature/Beauty

People who value this are likely to: to appreciate the aesthetic qualities in all its forms

Having this value can be challenging because: you may put overvalue external beauty

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Georgia O'Keeffe, Andy Goldsworthy, classical Greek sculptors

One benefit of this value is... you may experience joy and inspiration

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.The winds will blow their own freshness into you... while cares will drop off like autumn leaves." John Muir"

2. Peace

People who value this are likely to: to have a sense of tranquility and centeredness and seek harmony among people and communities

Having this value can be challenging because: you may isolate yourself from the world

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Alva Myrdal, Jimmy Carter, Thicht Naht Hahn

One benefit of this value is... you may feel an inner peace yourself

"Until he extends his circle of compassion to include all living things, man will not himself find peace." Albert Schweitzer

3. Spirituality

People who value this are likely to: experience the presence of something that transcends oneself

Having this value can be challenging because: you may lose touch with the here and now

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Dalai Lama, Desmond Tutu, Swami Vivekananda

One benefit of this value is... you may feel fulfilled

"Everyone has a purpose in life---a unique gift or special talent to others. And when we blend this unique talent with service to others, we experience the ecstasy and exultation of our own spirit, which is the ultimate goal of all goals." Deepak Chopra

cheers,
Ian

Wisdom

People who value this are likely to: have clear insight into themselves and human experience to make optimal decisions

Having this value can be challenging because: you may not be practical and focused on what needs to be done in the present moment or become condescending towards those you think are not well knowledgeable

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Benjamin Franklin, Confucious, Aspasia

One benefit of this value is... you may appreciate more of what matters most

"He who knows others is learned; he who knows himself is wise." Lao-Tze

Justice

People who value this are likely to: seek fairness for all people

Having this value can be challenging because: you may become angry with all the injustice you see and learn about

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Jane Adams, Dredd Scott, Voltaire

One benefit of this value is... you may experience he personal satisfaction of making the world a better place

"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free." Clarence Darrow

Nature/Beauty

People who value this are likely to: to appreciate the aesthetic qualities in all its forms

Having this value can be challenging because: you may put overvalue external beauty

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Georgia O'Keeffe, Andy Goldsworthy, classical Greek sculptors

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.The winds will blow their own freshness into you... while cares will drop off like autumn leaves." John Muir"

Last edited:
This was perfect considering in another thread today, I said I didn't think I had any values... Results of quiz:

1. Compassion/Service
2. Wisdom
3. Independence

Compassion/Service

Description

People who value this are likely to: feel other's suffering and give oneself and one's resources to others

Having this value can be challenging because: you may find it difficult to find solace in your own life

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Florence Nightengale, Mother Theresa, Bob Hope

"Although the world is very full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it." Helen Keller

What does this value mean to you?

its very true i always to try and help others before myself. however i also belive that i cant help others if my heads not straight. How do you live this value?

huh i suppose iv gone through long periods of time in my life helping others who took all they could from me before i left them
Value 2

Integrity

Description

People who value this are likely to: act in accordance with a well developed set of values

Having this value can be challenging because: you may lose something you value like popularity, friends, or a job.

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Dr. Martin Luther King, Mahatma Ghandi, Henry David Thoreau,

One benefit of this value is... you may be a powerful role model

"This above all; to thine own self be true." William Shakespeare

true for meHow do you live this value?

my feelings always come first.
Value 3

Nature/Beauty

Description

trueHow do you live this value?

i have a gift where i can see the beauty in everything

Adventure
People who value this are likely to: to experience the excitement of being outside of one's comfort zone

Having this value can be challenging because: you may seek thrills at the expense of other values you hold

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Charles Lindbergh, Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay, Jacques-Yves Cousteau

One benefit of this value is... you may experience excitement and self-satisfaction

"It is only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it were the only one we had." Elizabeth Kubler-Ross
Wisdom
People who value this are likely to: have clear insight into themselves and human experience to make optimal decisions

Having this value can be challenging because: you may not be practical and focused on what needs to be done in the present moment or become condescending towards those you think are not well knowledgeable

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Benjamin Franklin, Confucious, Aspasia

One benefit of this value is... you may appreciate more of what matters most

"He who knows others is learned; he who knows himself is wise." Lao-Tze
Spirituality
People who value this are likely to: experience the presence of something that transcends oneself

Having this value can be challenging because: you may lose touch with the here and now

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Dalai Lama, Desmond Tutu, Swami Vivekananda

"Everyone has a purpose in life---a unique gift or special talent to others. And when we blend this unique talent with service to others, we experience the ecstasy and exultation of our own spirit, which is the ultimate goal of all goals." Deepak Chopra

I’d love to put wisdom before adventure, but I know myself better than that. This makes me sound like Don Quixote. Heh.
"I fear you have sold your own lands to see other men's; then to have seen much and to have nothing is to have rich eyes and poor hands."