Valentine's Day | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

Valentine's Day

Not celebrating but I am sure my almost ex will get me something and make the whole thing feel awkward.

Reactions: Free
I'm usually not one to celebrate at all. I think if you love someone, you should show it in your own little ways regardless of what holiday it is. That being said, this year we have plenty of reasons to celebrate when in previous years we did not. As far as gift giving goes, meh. A day with no distractions and the only thing to be responsible for is the laughter and smiles we create for each other, that's all I need.

Totally agree, but I'll take any excuse I can get for EXCESS:D Especially in the Godiva Chocolate department...

One thing I've never understand is giving someone lingerie for Valentines. It just doesn't make sense. Give them a nice perfume, yeah? But skimpy underwear? It just seems a little cheesy or tasteless.

Valentine%E2%80%99s-Day-Gift-for-Wife-7.jpg

Yeah, this would feel pukey to me.

The expectation or suggestion that couples are supposed to have sex on Valentine's is disgusting. Talk about fake. I want no part in it.

:m092:

The expectation or suggestion that couples are supposed to have sex on Valentine's is disgusting. Talk about fake. I want no part in it.

Yeah, if it's expected, there's no spontaneity.

Not only that, but it feels like buying sex with chocolate and cards. It never sat right with me.

Not only that, but it feels like buying sex with chocolate and cards. It never sat right with me.

It could also depend on how it's done. If the gifts are just a buildup to sex, and the only reason they're given, then yeah, it's cheap. However, if someone planned a nice, truly romantic date, sweet, intimate, and beautiful evening because they wanted to spend time a doing something nice for their partner on Valentines Day, and it leads to something they both want, then I don't thing anything is wrong with that.

Reactions: PintoBean and Free
Oh, wait, that means that I can't buy sex with chocolate and cheap lingerie for [MENTION=13729]Free[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5511]ruji[/MENTION] ???

*hides chocolates and lacey panties*

Reactions: Free
Oh, wait, that means that I can't buy sex with chocolate and cheap lingerie for [MENTION=13729]Free[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5511]ruji[/MENTION] ???

I'll take the candy. [MENTION=5511]ruji[/MENTION] can have the panties. They'd look good on him. :w:

Reactions: Misadventure

I didn't suggest that! I hope we'll get some carryout Ethiopian food and watch movies, which is something I generally hope for anyway. Gifts are part of my language of love, and I look forward to any excuse to give/exchange them. I just wondered if anyone made nice plans. And I love the holiday of love and I don't care if other people are party poopers!

I'll redeem things here: give me the chocolates and I promise to wear the lacey panties.

Brilliant money making scheme designed by corporations.
Enjoy your celebrations.

Brilliant money making scheme designed by corporations.
Enjoy your celebrations.

Just like Christmas. Yes, we do actually enjoy it. But don't fret, there are plenty of single people who are depressed on Valentine's day. If that's what you wanted.

Just like Christmas. Yes, we do actually enjoy it.

But its not Christmas. We are talking of Valentines day. And theres plenty of religious people who would tell you Christmas is about something other than presents where as there are not people who would say the same of Valentines days.

But its not Christmas. We are talking of Valentines day. And theres plenty of religious people who would tell you Christmas is about something other than presents where as there are not people who would say the same of Valentines days.

The difference you point out is irrelevant.