Valentine's Day | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

Valentine's Day

That's racist

Ha ha ha ha! Funny how that comment can annoy me even when said in jest.
I had a point but if its over your head I cant help with that.

I'll be behind a hot flame until 10pm. Every dish I put out will be the best dish I ever created. I will be behind the scenes, creating memories.

Reactions: PintoBean
Ha ha ha ha! Funny how that comment can annoy me even when said in jest.
I had a point but if its over your head I cant help with that.

Does it look like I celebrate Kwanzaa?
image.php

I think any holiday is what you make it.

If you want it to be a fun day, it'll be a fun day.

If you want it to be a day to celebrate chocolate, gorge yourself on chocolatey goodness.

If you want to use it as an excuse for sexytimes, go for it.

Along the same lines, if you think negatively of it, you're simply making that negativity a reality for yourself.

It's up to you.

Reactions: PintoBean
I have a valentines story for all of you.

Back when I was very sick and felt on the verge of dying at any minute, I started going to bars for a couple reasons. One is I liked the noise. It took my mind off what I was experiencing just a bit. There was the added benefit to where if I keeled over I wouldn't be found a week later on the floor of my home having been partially eaten by cats. The other benefit was for whatever reason becoming drunk or partially drunk helped with the constant dizziness.

Anyway I went to this one bar with an attractive bar tender. I paid her little notice other than to order drinks. About the 2nd time I showed up, some time in October I think, she told me how her boyfriend had taken them out and gave me a dollar amount of how much he had spent on them. Apparently she was expecting more of a reaction then I gave. I simply said something like, "thats nice to hear," and went on about finishing my beer. She kept talking and eventually told me the amount had included another couples bill that had joined them as well. At the time I thought this was her way of telling me she had a boyfriend. Perhaps because I was coming to the bar so often she thought I was there to see her. Not sure of this but this is what I deduced. So I made a mental note and decided to act even less interested than I had around her to begin with. Which amounted to less than nothing.
A little later in the same year I was there texting my friend of whom I had recently reconnected with and she grabbed my phone out of my hands and read my messages. Now, I am a laid back person and I had also deduced she probably thought I was talking about her to someone. Im sure she was surprised to find out I was not. Other things happened that led me to believe she was interested in me. And, I may have pursued to some extent had she not initially made such a show of telling me he had a boyfriend when we first came into limited contact with each other. Im not sure about this though. However I am sure that with the knowledge she had a boyfriend I put a cap on any such musings.

After valentines day passed the next day I was at the bar again. She asked if I had received anything from anyone to which I said I had. My nephew 4 at the time had given me a card. We never had much of a conversation in large part to me keeping my mouth shut. Somehow she was always mentioning money in one way or another in hers. The last I saw of her she was telling another customer that she was cutting her schedule way back and giving specifics as to what days she would be there. Clearly done in a way that I would overhear and clearly done for that purpose. So, I made a note not to show up on those days but to show up on others. I let a month go by and showed up on one of the days she said she would be there. As I sat down I heard her say to another with a weak enthusiasm, "Hes here."

I stopped going to bars pretty much after that. I had lost my job about a year before and was running out of money to burn. I never saw her again.

Beautiful valentines story isn't it?

I suppose I should add...
About 8 months ago I decided to look for her on Facebook because honestly, its so easy. I found her. She had a picture of her and a boyfriend (Im fairly certain not the same she mentioned to me) and looked happy. I found some amount of happiness in the thought shes happy.

Last edited:
Does it look like I celebrate Kwanzaa?
image.php

Oh I see. Errr I simply pulled the first other BS holiday out of my head I could think of.

I was once set up on a blind date with a guy close to valentines day. He took me to Walmart and asked my advice on a valentines gift for his ex gf (who I then learned was the girl who set us up.) It was a super cringe-filled evening with the added cherry on top of him telling me I was "skinny enough" to have sex with. Then he asked me for sex and I told him to drop me off the date was over. How is that for a valentines day party pooper. Lol. That happened like 12 years ago. Now I think of it as hilarious.

This year, valentines day is an awesome guilt free way to get a sitter so we can go see Deadpool at the theater.

I was once set up on a blind date with a guy close to valentines day. He took me to Walmart and asked my advice on a valentines gift for his ex gf (who I then learned was the girl who set us up.) It was a super cringe-filled evening with the added cherry on top of him telling me I was "skinny enough" to have sex with. Then he asked me for sex and I told him to drop me off the date was over. How is that for a valentines day party pooper. Lol. That happened like 12 years ago. Now I think of it as hilarious.

This year, valentines day is an awesome guilt free way to ask one of our parents to babysit so we can go see Deadpool at the theater.

If his ex set him up with a new girl that means she was over him and he wouldn't let it go. You guys were obviously young, that's something young boys do.

I still think he's a savage though for telling you that you were skinny enough to have sex with. I would high five him if I ever saw him.

This year, valentines day is an awesome guilt free way to get a sitter so we can go see Deadpool at the theater.

Some of the stories I hear drop my jaw. What drops my jaw more though are the women who fall for guys like this because they themselves have such low self esteem. You know the beautiful woman who falls for the heroin junkie on welfare type thing.
Anyway good for you.

If his ex set him up with a new girl that means she was over him and he wouldn't let it go. You guys were obviously young, that's something young boys do.

I still think he's a savage though for telling you that you were skinny enough to have sex with. I would high five him if I ever saw him.

I was 18 and he was 19. So actually it was 13 years ago because I'm 31. You may appreciate this next bit. Years later, he ended up getting hired at my work. He kept saying, "omg, how do I know you???" He could not place me. But I knew him. It was like a Seinfeld episode where I spent a great deal of energy avoiding him and doing everything I could so that he did not learn my name (including enlisting coworkers to call me by another name). He did figure it out of course as there was no way to prevent it besides quitting or changing my name legally! He was kind of normal by then in that he didn't bother me about it like I expected.

Good thing he was only a douchebag teenager and not a psycho. Word to the wise: never let a blind date take you around. How stupid was I to do that!? Meet up somewhere, kids! Im sure this is common knowlege but I was a late bloomer and had no clue how to date let alone blind date. He was cool about taking me home when I asked instead of keeping me hostage, which I appreciated.

Last edited:
I think Valentines day is one of the best holidays. It's a holiday in place to celebrate romance. Romance is one of the best human experiences. Romance is seeing something in your imagination and making it reality.

[video=youtube;ybpqUJ-i2zM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybpqUJ-i2zM[/video]

valentines-day-sayings.jpg

I'm not trying to make fun of you, but this statement is rather naive.

Can you explain what you mean by that? If you are implying that you don't think I've been in relationships, well you are definitely wrong about that. Two of them were very long term and serious, almost like marriages sans paperwork, you know since gay marriage just became legal.

It's just my opinion, but Valentine's does come with this idea that a couple will plan a nice evening that culminates in sexual activity. Sure, not all couples do that, but it's part of the idea.

I didn't suggest that! I hope we'll get some carryout Ethiopian food and watch movies, which is something I generally hope for anyway. Gifts are part of my language of love, and I look forward to any excuse to give/exchange them. I just wondered if anyone made nice plans. And I love the holiday of love and I don't care if other people are party poopers!

Oh no, I wasn't replying to you, but to the topic of Valentine's in general, combined with the underwear pic.