Ugh, People | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Ugh, People

I have always had this love/hate relationship with people ... I like them. I appreciate them. But then I notice flaws that pull me away. But the flaws I notice make me feel like I'm being judgmental .. and I question my judgement. However, I know (just know) that whatever rapport I've built with that person is just as hollow as the rapport I have built with someone else. It makes me so isolated from groups. What I long for is a connection or friendship where I know that the other person longs for that connection with.

I'm not talking about love. I'm not talking about romance. I'm talking about a friendship where I know that the other person values me in some way ... Though I guess the inherent nature of friendships is such that people don't value each other, right? Am I right .. or am I wrong? Is it possible to have that kind of friendship in today's society?

Seriously, I find myself struggling to talk (or type) to people in depth because I'm mentally checked-out. I am not "in the moment."

What? I was thinking about something and missed that.

Systematic desensitization, coming right up!

cuddle_party_1_0.jpg

http://www.cuddleparty.com/