Ugh, People | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Ugh, People

I will never understand why people want to treat others badly. Think it, gossip and talk shit, but to actually do something intentionally to cause whatever form of harm to another person is just something that I will never be able to wrap my head around. Like what do these people get from this? What is it in them they they need that kind of fulfillment?

I will never understand why people want to treat others badly. Think it, gossip and talk shit, but to actually do something intentionally to cause whatever form of harm to another person is just something that I will never be able to wrap my head around. Like what do these people get from this? What is it in them they they need that kind of fulfillment?

I wonder this too sometimes.

I don’t comprehend why some people act the way they do and look at themselves in the mirror. At the end of the day though, the hate and harm they cause to others really has to do with the inner hate/insecurity they have with themselves. Miserable people love misery/drama.

My trust for people have been slowly diminishing over time— which is ironic because I always try to see the good in people, which is something I consider a blessing and a curse. But no matter how hard I try to see the good in a hurtful, unhealthy person—I’m always reminded that they are genuinely selfish, shallow, and/or deceptive that won’t ever change for the better and actually enjoy the pain they inflict on others.

It’s sad honestly.

I wonder this too sometimes.

I don’t comprehend why some people act the way they do and look at themselves in the mirror. At the end of the day though, the hate and harm they cause to others really has to do with the inner hate/insecurity they have with themselves. Miserable people love misery/drama.

My trust for people have been slowly diminishing over time— which is ironic because I always try to see the good in people, which is something I consider a blessing and a curse. But no matter how hard I try to see the good in a hurtful, unhealthy person—I’m always reminded that they are genuinely selfish, shallow, and/or deceptive that won’t ever change for the better and actually enjoy the pain they inflict on others.

It’s sad honestly.
I generally see the worst in people first. It takes time to change my mind, lol. I think whether or not you see the good or the bad, they are both a curse. It's harder to see something or someone without bias.

I generally see the worst in people first. It takes time to change my mind, lol. I think whether or not you see the good or the bad, they are both a curse. It's harder to see something or someone without bias.

Absolutely agree!!

I'm pretty cool, if it wasn't obvious

"The biggest problem with the world is people" :thinkinghard:

-ruji 2018

Wiser words have never been spoken. :coyotemeditating:

That's true, but if we were coyotes we'd say the same about coyotes. Wait... sorry @Wyote.

The biggest problem with space is matter :thinkinghard:

People are people and it will often be a steaming pile of crap but it is what it is, avoid the toxic when ever possible and hope for the best.

I assume being a Ni dom who is introverted is the reason why I come off as sort of spacey and quiet. I am stuck in my head and thinking, but I am also friendly because I want others to feel comfortable and liked. This combo makes people think I'm an airhead, so they don't listen to my ideas and advice, or they treat me like I'm a kid, or like I'm dumb.

:sorrowfulhug:

Some people and personality types equate intelligence with being able to rattle off facts, provide quick solutions to problems, etc. Deep thinkers can be underestimated and misunderstood. It can be frustrating.

An INTJ friend and I used to play board games together a lot (until he moved away). We were always very methodical with the decisions we made. I went to visit him last year, and we attended a game night during my stay. We were playing a board game when someone expressed that they couldn't believe he wasn't able to take his turn faster. From the look on the protester's face, I immediately knew he considered my friend stupid or inferior. However, my friend to this day is easily one of the most intelligent people I know (even empirically tested via a Mensa-qualifying test).

I'm not the smartest person around, but I like to spend my time around people who realize that my taciturn nature isn't because I'm "slow", but rather because I'm contemplative. I hope you're able to find enough of these kinds of people. If not, I'm one of them, and I don't always have to talk about Hitler (though I prefer to).

Great. I'll stay a coyote.

I'll stay as an alien.

I vented on discord server "Even the most rational person can be very irrational and be personally biased when their emotions are involved. People suck."

Mhmm
I kept it short and dum. But to expand it to your point, we are in competition for the same things, and get hurt when denied of it. Humans want human things.

It's true. If solitude is a human thing, I want lots of that.

I vented on discord server "Even the most rational person can be very irrational and be personally biased when their emotions are involved. People suck."

Been there. Ugh, me.

Some people and personality types equate intelligence with being able to rattle off facts, provide quick solutions to problems, etc. Deep thinkers can be underestimated and misunderstood. It can be frustrating.

An INTJ friend and I used to play board games together a lot (until he moved away). We were always very methodical with the decisions we made. I went to visit him last year, and we attended a game night during my stay. We were playing a board game when someone expressed that they couldn't believe he wasn't able to take his turn faster. From the look on the protester's face, I immediately knew he considered my friend stupid or inferior. However, my friend to this day is easily one of the most intelligent people I know (even empirically tested via a Mensa-qualifying test).

I'm not the smartest person around, but I like to spend my time around people who realize that my taciturn nature isn't because I'm "slow", but rather because I'm contemplative. I hope you're able to find enough of these kinds of people. If not, I'm one of them, and I don't always have to talk about Hitler (though I prefer to).

Thank you for that. I agree. I'm more of the, "You can learn something from everyone," type.

Were you playing chess?