U.S. President 2024 | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

U.S. President 2024

Just because she started with less and ended up with more does not make her character superior. Then there is the whole leadership thing. She may be good at making money and buisness but that doesn't mean she can lead or make tough choices like going to war when needed. You have an interesting perspective. Thank you for your input.

Interesting that this is exactly what others said about Trump.

I'm not against testing goverment workers for drugs. I like it.
The point about people on wellfair and food stamps Is, we need to understand why they can't be part of the work force and address that. Drug addiction can be one reason and easily tested for. Mental illnesses are more difficult to detect but we should be looking into that as well.
The President and Congress are all working for the people. We are their supervisor, we should have the right to know our employees are working unhindered by drugged up minds.

Drug testing welfare recipients was attempted in several states and was a miserable failure (as in about 98% give or take a couple, were tested negative), and a complete waste of taxpayer's money when comparing the cost of testing vs the savings of denying drug users funding. As for mental illnesses, this already exists: Social Security Disability, which requires a pretty vigorous process to gain approval.

Honestly, it's really none of anyone's business except for their social workers. TBH, if it weren't for social assistance programs, I would not be where I am today. It allowed me to get through school and better myself so that I could become completely self-sufficient. Aside from the fact that I offered that information, it's none of your business why I needed benefits at the time.

Do we expect insurance companies to announce to all of their members what they're paying out and why? Of course not, because that is none of our business. Same concept.

Reactions: James and Skarekrow
I at least wish candidates had to have a full psychological evaluation and pass a civics test before entering the primary.
Is there a meme for "haha that's so funny... but seriously let's do it."?
The GOP manages to repeal the 22nd Amendment, feeling triumphant with the 3rd term they think they're presenting to Trump, then Obama slips in and trolls them all by winning a 3rd term for himself, instead...
Remember when all those republicans said Obama was going to illeagally stay in office and give himself unlimited tenure at the end of his second term? Yeah, me too...
Remember when that turned out to be false and all those same people made public apologies?
Yeah, me neither...

The GOP manages to repeal the 22nd Amendment, feeling triumphant with the 3rd term they think they're presenting to Trump, then Obama slips in and trolls them all by winning a 3rd term for himself, instead...

FrankJadedJavalina-max-1mb.gif
Great imagination exercise!

Remember when all those republicans said Obama was going to illeagally stay in office and give himself unlimited tenure at the end of his second term? Yeah, me too...
Remember when that turned out to be false and all those same people made public apologies?
Yeah, me neither...

People said a lot of stuff about Obama that was determined to be false - which definitely didn't have anything to do with the color of his skin, despite their insistence to the contrary, for which public apologies have equally not been made...

'murica!

da9.jpg

Just because she started with less and ended up with more does not make her character superior. Then there is the whole leadership thing. She may be good at making money and buisness but that doesn't mean she can lead or make tough choices like going to war when needed. You have an interesting perspective. Thank you for your input.
When we accept mediocrity from our statesmen, we accept mediocrity for our country.

Oprah is superior to Paul Ryan.

Seriously though...if you find any poor people on drugs then what?
You through them off their food stamps, welfare, healthcare (since Medicaid is medical welfare), and this will not compound the problem how?
By locking them up in prisons?
We don’t even bother to try any drug treatment because they are poor so who cares?
Show some empathy...put yourself in their shoes...drugs or no drugs...it further generalizes the “poor” who range from the elderly in nursing homes, the disabled, to approx. 9 million children, and many, many who are the working poor who still need assistance because our minimum wage is not a living wage - this is how the “poor” become demonized and looked upon as lesser than in our society.
Maybe we should just bring back debtors prisons, make them all do hard labor for not making enough money.
*eye roll*
Great ideas!
We should test people in prison for drugs and if they are on drugs they are released. No reason we should have to pay for their food and lodging.

Interesting that this is exactly what others said about Trump.

Drug testing welfare recipients was attempted in several states and was a miserable failure (as in about 98% give or take a couple, were tested negative), and a complete waste of taxpayer's money when comparing the cost of testing vs the savings of denying drug users funding. As for mental illnesses, this already exists: Social Security Disability, which requires a pretty vigorous process to gain approval.

Honestly, it's really none of anyone's business except for their social workers. TBH, if it weren't for social assistance programs, I would not be where I am today. It allowed me to get through school and better myself so that I could become completely self-sufficient. Aside from the fact that I offered that information, it's none of your business why I needed benefits at the time.

Do we expect insurance companies to announce to all of their members what they're paying out and why? Of course not, because that is none of our business. Same concept.
partly agree with your post. I do think that if people want tax payer money though people have a right to decide what justifies receiving it.
Not that we have to know Why you need it but if there's something that keeps you from entering the work force, it should be known whether that's reasonable or not.

FrankJadedJavalina-max-1mb.gif
This will never happen. What could happen though is Trump could run as Vice President in 2024.

When we accept mediocrity from our statesmen, we accept mediocrity for our country.

Oprah is superior to Paul Ryan.
Ok. In what way? I'm not really a Paul Ryan fan so that you know.

Ok. In what way? I'm not really a Paul Ryan fan so that you know.

Paul Ryan was born to wealth, has almost zero private sector experience, never worked a real full-time job, and has a bachelors degree in political science.

Oprah is a self-made woman, she was born to poverty and attained her billions through hard work.

Oprah is not mediocre.

Reactions: Wyote and Skarekrow
I'm not against testing goverment workers for drugs. I like it.
The point about people on wellfair and food stamps Is, we need to understand why they can't be part of the work force and address that. Drug addiction can be one reason and easily tested for. Mental illnesses are more difficult to detect but we should be looking into that as well.
The President and Congress are all working for the people. We are their supervisor, we should have the right to know our employees are working unhindered by drugged up minds.

Sure...I was drug tested when I started to work at the hospital in the OR or when driving around in the Ambulance, with the expectation that there could be random drug tests at any time, and was a for sure thing if you got in some kind of accident either with the ambulance or slipping in the OR suite on a puddle of blood. Nothing wrong with that.
The point I guess I missed with you was (just as @Vicarious pointed out) - it ends up costing more to drug test all those who receive welfare aid than weeding out those few, (which are roughly like I said the same percentage as the non-welfare receiving pop.) than it ends up actually saving the state...so you are making the program far, far more expensive with little to no upside really...but a dozen or so people thrown off the teat.
And we are talking about someone who could only be getting relatively small amounts of aid, like $100 in food stamps per month.
Do you know how much a UA costs in comparison?
Here, I have a lab bill from my last trip to the Pain Clinic for my drug test UA...
So after insurance I only pay $15...which is silly because - hey, it’s a requirement and mandatory, so why do I have to pay for that shit?
Anyhow...charges....no shit, I will scan this motherfucker and show you if need be.
Totals before insurance adjustments and payments - $968.64
Almost $1000 freakin dollars to drug screen someone.
Totally worth it to find those few druggies!

Last edited:
Reactions: Vicarious
Reactions: Wyote and Skarekrow