U.S. President 2024 | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

U.S. President 2024

I've heard Gavin Newsom is widely considered for president in 2020 and just now as I googled his name to check the spelling it autocompleted to "Gavin Newsom president" there seems to be an abundance of speculation on his future. As for the republican side I can scarcely imagine it matters after Trump. What the Donald taught me is that I could be president.

Qualifications?
ThirdMan1.jpg
Where we're going we don't need qualifications

Last edited:
Royal Rumble
Kanye
Oprah
Terry Crews
Ann Coulter
Tomi Lahren
Danielle Bregoli
But...I ...dont know half these names. Can we throw a dancing angry bear in just for giggles?

Reactions: Free and James
Paul Ryan 2020.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Skarekrow
I'm thinking Paul Ryan but honestly we'd do better with Rand Paul.

Sources: Oprah Winfrey 'actively thinking' about running for president. - CNN

I trust Oprah more than Rand Paul (the better of the two) and career-politician Paul Ryan. Paul Ryan was born to wealth, has almost zero private sector experience and has never worked a real full-time job. Rand Paul on the other hand, was born wealthy and hasn't had to struggle to achieve what he has.

Hell, I trust Donald Trump more than Paul Ryan, Trump has at least worked in business.

Oprah is a self-made woman, she was born to poverty and attained her billions through hard work.

Her character is superior.

Last edited:
I'm hoping Trump with continue through a third term

I trust Oprah more than Rand Paul (the better of the two) and career-politician Paul Ryan. Paul Ryan was born to wealth, has almost zero private sector experience and has never worked a real full-time job. Rand Paul on the other hand, was born wealthy and hasn't had to struggle to achieve what he has.

Hell, I trust Donald Trump more than Paul Ryan, Trump has at least worked in business.

Oprah is a self-made woman, she was born to poverty and attained her billions through hard work.

Her character is superior.
Just because she started with less and ended up with more does not make her character superior. Then there is the whole leadership thing. She may be good at making money and buisness but that doesn't mean she can lead or make tough choices like going to war when needed. You have an interesting perspective. Thank you for your input.

Last edited:
What's up with the current American fascination with "outsiders" running for political office? Is there a shred of evidence to support the idea that being president is a job that a person with zero experience with the political or legal process can effectively perform? Is there any evidence to support the idea that being a celebrity qualifies you to be a political leader? Trump is proving that the presidency is not an entry level position. He obviously lacks even a rudimentary understanding of the political process and the rule of law and it shows. The most effective and admired presidents held public office before they were president. Lincoln was a lawyer and a Congressman. FDR was Governor of New York and a member of the state house. JFK was a senator and congressman. Even Reagan was Governor of California before he was president.

Personally I don't understand this aspect of current American culture.

Reactions: Skarekrow and acd
What's up with the current American fascination with "outsiders" running for political office? Is there a shred of evidence to support the idea that being president is a job that a person with zero experience with the political or legal process can effectively perform? Is there any evidence to support the idea that being a celebrity qualifies you to be a political leader? Trump is proving that the presidency is not an entry level position. He obviously lacks even a rudimentary understanding of the political process and the rule of law and it shows. The most effective and admired presidents held public office before they were president. Lincoln was a lawyer and a Congressman. FDR was Governor of New York and a member of the state house. JFK was a senator and congressman. Even Reagan was Governor of California before he was president.

Personally I don't understand this aspect of current American culture.
There are many Americans who also find it absurd. I at least wish candidates had to have a full psychological evaluation and pass a civics test before entering the primary. But many Americans would rather drug test the poor for needing food stamps than actually vette one of the most powerful leaders in the world.

There are many Americans who also find it absurd. I at least wish candidates had to have a full psychological evaluation and pass a civics test before entering the primary. But many Americans would rather drug test the poor for needing food stamps than actually vette one of the most powerful leaders in the world.
Yes we saw that in 2008 and continue into 2012.
People asking for wellfair and food stamps do need to be tested for drugs. No reason Americans should have to pay to support an addiction. That doesn't mean we can't do better to help those addicted or minimize the chance of them getting addicted but as usual Democrats are against that. They want people drugged up and dependant on goverment.

Yes we saw that in 2008 and continue into 2012.
People asking for wellfair and food stamps do need to be tested for drugs. No reason Americans should have to pay to support an addiction. That doesn't mean we can't do better to help those addicted or minimize the chance of them getting addicted but as usual Democrats are against that. They want people drugged up and dependant on goverment.

Everywhere it’s been tried it has cost huge amounts of money and only found that the poor use drugs at roughly the same rate as the general public.
Drug test the President and Congress once a month I say - we pay them far more money, and give them far more expensive benefits.
Oh...but they aren’t criminals like all the poor people are so...I see.

Seriously though...if you find any poor people on drugs then what?
You throw them off their food stamps, welfare, healthcare (since Medicaid is medical welfare), and this will not compound the problem how?
By locking them up in prisons?
We don’t even bother to try any drug treatment because they are poor so who cares?
Show some empathy...put yourself in their shoes...drugs or no drugs...it further generalizes the “poor” who range from the elderly in nursing homes, the disabled, to approx. 9 million children, and many, many who are the working poor who still need assistance because our minimum wage is not a living wage - this is how the “poor” become demonized and looked upon as lesser than in our society.
Maybe we should just bring back debtors prisons, make them all do hard labor for not making enough money.
*eye roll*
Great ideas!

Last edited:
Reactions: Milktoast Bandit
Everywhere it’s been tried it has cost huge amounts of money and only found that the poor use drugs at roughly the same rate as the general public.
Drug test the President and Congress once a month I say - we pay them far more money, and give them far more expensive benefits.
Oh...but they aren’t criminals like all the poor people are so...I see.

I'm not against testing goverment workers for drugs. I like it.
The point about people on wellfair and food stamps Is, we need to understand why they can't be part of the work force and address that. Drug addiction can be one reason and easily tested for. Mental illnesses are more difficult to detect but we should be looking into that as well.
The President and Congress are all working for the people. We are their supervisor, we should have the right to know our employees are working unhindered by drugged up minds.

I'm hoping Trump with continue through a third term

The GOP manages to repeal the 22nd Amendment, feeling triumphant with the 3rd term they think they're presenting to Trump, then Obama slips in and trolls them all by winning a 3rd term for himself, instead...

FrankJadedJavalina-max-1mb.gif