Typing: Philosophy | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Typing: Philosophy

Oh dear goodness, 2016 was a tumultuous year... I don't even want to know, lol. :p

Oh no don't worry, it was about MBTI.

... Wait, that's kinda sad if even my stalking is Myers Briggs-focused! I need to get out more :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Free and hush
Ok @Icedream you'll get your serious typing, your complaint has been heard. ;)

By the way guys, just throwing it out there: I wouldn't be against being philotyped myself... But I can't exactly perform that on myself, it would be a little, you know, narcissistic... Any volunteer?

Already convinced he's the reincarnation of Yogi Berra, so I won't insist
The future ain't what it used to be.
though I see in him a mix of Voltaire
I am actually a deist, although I don't think I ever admitted so on this site so point proven about INFJs reading people.
and Michel Foucault
And now the google search begins....

Thanks @Ren! I think you overestimate my intellect a bit, but it does seem like you put a decent amount of thought into this. I'm surprised you could come up with anything from how frequently I am lackadaisical and irreverent on this site. Much appreciated :)

@Free – Big Democritus vibe on Miss Free. A precursor to Plato except friendlier, always in a cheerful mood, early champion of democracy and humanism in an era where big providential men were favored. But there are still discrepancies to resolve... wait and see.
The Laughing Philosopher truly resonates with me. Thank you, Ren. I'm both humbled and honored. ❤
Really great thread, thank you for your all your work with us all.

(New) philotype of @Icedream

Those who've been following this series may know that Icedream expressed recent dissatisfaction with the type she was attributed at the very beginning in private conversation (and mostly in jest). I thought of Jean-François Lyotard, perhaps the very first postmodernist, for his rapidity of expression and mixing of thinking and pure creativity in his works. But thinking about it, this isn't quite right. Icedream's morals are not pluralist, they are clearly deontic, or Kantian.

Sure, the Kantian connection may look tenuous at first sight. But anyone who knows our friend a little bit knows how she perceives duty in her moral actions, towards her friends for instance. 'I have to help this person,' 'What can I do for that person...' - It's not always easy to perceive under the streak of romantic rebelliousness that animates the blue butterfly, but it is most definitely there. Icedream cares about her self and her emotions, but also about others, and these two forms of care join together in a paradoxical, yet deeply lovable synthesis.

You may have already guessed this, but Icedream is Jean-Jacques Rousseau. No no, not a French philosopher once again... A Genevan philosopher! Romantic, creative, passionate about human rights yet also subject to temper tantrums and rebellious to the core. A lot of people fell in love with him just for these aspects, this never compromised spontaneity. Others, like Voltaire, occasionally fought with him. But if Reason is Voltaire, can't we see another parallel here? ;) Je t'aime, moi non plus, as the French say...

img-gen7.png

@Icedream and @Reason With Logic Filling at last united​

Last edited:
(New) philotype of @Icedream

Those who've been following this series may know that Icedream expressed recent dissatisfaction with the type she was attributed at the very beginning in private conversation (and mostly in jest). I thought of Jean-François Lyotard, perhaps the very first postmodernist, for his rapidity of expression and mixing of thinking and pure creativity in his works. But thinking about it, this isn't quite right. Icedream's morals are not pluralist, they are clearly deontic, or Kantian.

Sure, the Kantian connection may look tenuous at first sight. But anyone who knows our friend a little bit knows how she perceives duty in her moral actions, towards her friends for instance. 'I have to help this person,' 'What can I do for that person...' - It's not always easy to perceive under the streak of romantic rebelliousness that animates the blue butterfly, but it is most definitely there. Icedream cares about her self and her emotions, but also about others, and these two forms of care join together in a paradoxical, yet deeply lovable synthesis.

You may have already guessed this, but Icedream is Jean-Jacques Rousseau. No no, not a French philosopher once again... A Genevan philosopher! Romantic, creative, passionate about human rights yet also subject to temper tantrums and rebellious to the core. A lot of people fell in love with him just for these aspects, this never compromised spontaneity. Others, like Voltaire, occasionally fought with him. But if Reason is Voltaire, can't we see another parallel here? ;) Je t'aime, moi non plus, as the French say...

img-gen7.png

@Icedream and @Reason With Logic Filling at last united​
I'm not kissing anybody

Reactions: hush and Ren