Typing: Philosophy | Page 11 | INFJ Forum

Typing: Philosophy

Theoretically, I disagree. Practically, it's too true.

I'm trying to reprogram myself towards a more 'eternal' approach to life. Whether that's a realistic enterprise, I don't know, but one of these days I'll open up the floodgates of Chesterton for all to see. He's simultaneously one of the most uplifting fellows I've read, and knows how to justify it compellingly.

You'd get along well with my brother. He's a big fan of Chesterton.

(As an aside, he is INFP--my brother not Chesterton)

Haha nice Ren, I didn't even know we have this thread. Happy with the typing too. :)

You are welcome!

I philotyped a number of others in the past (cf. previous pages). I seem to recall that @Pin was very eager to get Aristotled.

Interestingly, I'm not sure there is any Plato yet.

I was once philotyped as Heraclitus by @Lady Jolanda. Thoughts?

9cdd5a3ff2c67af3abb963b641e7faf6.jpg

I was once philotyped as Heraclitus by @Lady Jolanda. Thoughts?
I'm thinking I'm a genius and stand by my assessment.

@John K has more wisdom than a benedictine monk, and in his posts insights abound. He is officially philotyped as Baruch Spinoza!
This philotyping is on point!

But where Spinoza was way ahead of his time, John is instead timeless.

If anything, you strike me as systematic enough to get Aristotled. But since you're the same person it's a win-win.

I'm actually his android, though I wish I were human sometimes.

As a whole, Aristotle is consistently systematic in a way that I don't think I could ever achieve. But yes, I do relate to the idea that I have a fairly systematic approach. An INTP head combined with an INFP heart? Yes, zat's me. :wink:

I'm probably closer to Schopenhauer myself, philosophically speaking. And Heraclitus of course!

But where Spinoza was way ahead of his time, John is instead timeless.

True, but so is Spinoza. Or maybe John is the reincarnation of Spinoza? Wait...
I have a soft spot for Blaise Pascal too - his argument in favour of betting on belief in God based on an analysis of the risk / cost / benefit of each possible outcome of your choice is hilarious.

51bdc7a43f0706a4d8c2d70e2e2bff32.jpg