• Total voters

Matariki

Donor
Sep 30, 2009
MBTI
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I am begining to question my MBTI, I don't know if I am really a ENTP or not. I have some days where I come across as a INTP and other days where I come across as an ENFP. I'm pretty much lousy at all things to do with maths except estimating, I'm terrible with facts (I usually make things up as I go along) and I lose my temper easily usually at ignorance.
I like to come up with new ideas which I know could work, especially with visual arts. Whenever I come up with an idea I like to share it with people around me to see their views.
I like to do multiple different things during the week to keep me stimulated, I love learning and keeping active.
I'm good at things such as stratergy and improvising, or so I have been told. I love to theorize and rant.
People usually say I come across as depressing (unable to enjoy life) lacking confidence in my skill (by tutors) been commeted by ISFJ's as a "cocky shithead." and blunt with my choice of words. Most people that have meet me have always said that I am weird and different to most teens my age.
I am also very messy, have a poor sense of fashion, extremely clumsy, scattered brained (that takes me out of the 'J' club) and always have my head in the future or past, never in the present.

So with that, what is my MBTI?

Last edited:
I'm not great at typing people but I've always thought INTP for you.

I am also very messy, have a poor sense of fashion, extremely clumsy, scattered brained (that takes me out of the 'J' club) and always have my head in the future or past, never in the present.
I'm not sure being scatter brained takes you out of the J club... I can be this way, too! And I'm pretty sure I'm a J.

I'd vote INTP, too!

You don't have to be good at math(s) to be an INTP. I think mathematical ability (but, maybe not interest) is a cognitive ability that is separate from personality.

You're young and your lack of confidence will probably go away as you mature and gain experience.

From your description, you could well be an INTP. Worse things could happen!

ive always thought of you as an IN_P

Let's run through a couple of questions I've found on the net. Some of these are VIvky Jo INFJ versus INFP questions, but they might help:

You are standing in your body in the present. There is a future and a past relative to you. Where in space, relative to your body, would you describe the future and the past?

When you have to get someone to do X because of Y, do you tend to say

"Do x"

or "Look, Y"

For example, if you are a passenger in a car, and the light changes from red to green, but the driver doesn't notice, do you say

"Go" or do you say "The light is green."

When you go to a party, do you leave fulfilled but tired, or want to keep going after the party to another party?

While you are disorganized and messy, do you know where everything is in your piles of stuff?

Are you usually late to things?
Early to things?

Where is your head more often, the future or the past?

You seem less like one of the wacky ENTPs here than one of the practical and logical INTPs. However, you don't seem to have that classic INTP need to debate either.

I used to debate to learn things. I often adopted a position I didn't hold just to instigate discussion. I stopped debating because many people can't do it without getting pissed off and this belies the very notion of a debate. I still debate, but only in my head. Some INTP's understand this earlier than others. Some never do.

Let's run through a couple of questions I've found on the net. Some of these are VIvky Jo INFJ versus INFP questions, but they might help:

You are standing in your body in the present. There is a future and a past relative to you. Where in space, relative to your body, would you describe the future and the past?

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand the question, are you asking which one I see more or are you asking how I would see myself in the past or the future?

When you have to get someone to do X because of Y, do you tend to say

"Do x"

or "Look, Y"

For example, if you are a passenger in a car, and the light changes from red to green, but the driver doesn't notice, do you say

"Go" or do you say "The light is green."

I would say, "Go now, the light's turned green."

When you go to a party, do you leave fulfilled but tired, or want to keep going after the party to another party?

I don't generally go to parties because I find a large crowds of people rather intense. As soon as I go, I leave.

While you are disorganized and messy, do you know where everything is in your piles of stuff?

Yes, I usually know where everything is, altough I do have the moment where I will put something down and forget where I placed it.

Are you usually late to things?
Early to things?
I try to be early, most of the time I turn up on time.

Where is your head more often, the future or the past?
Future.

Last edited:
Interesting.

The last time you wandered around outside, what were you focused on?

When you are in a room and see someone you want to talk to, do you
1) Walk up to them and say hello
2) Hope they will notice you and say hello

Are you good at sports?

Explain to me in a few sentences who your hero is and how he/she saved the day.

Explain to me in a few sentences what the ideal child should do with their free time.

Explain to me in a few sentences what the ideal parent should do.

Sorry for all these questions. I'm trying to hit your MBTI from related theories.

Last edited:
To be honest, I have always seen you as more of an introvert. I have always seen you as a borderline T/F as well. You seem quite different then most ENTP's. There's something soft, sweet, emotional deep inside of you. I think you are a very balanced ENTP in any case.

Interesting.

The last time you wandered around outside, what were you focused on?

My thoughts or nature around me. Sometimes I focus on people. But mostly my thoughts.

When you are in a room and see someone you want to talk to, do you
1) Walk up to them and say hello
2) Hope they will notice you and say hello

A mixture of the both. If I meet a group of people for the first time I am not shy to say hello, but I keep my distance until something prompts me to talk to them.

Are you good at sports?

I have always enjoyed sports. Am I good at sports? Well my trainers have always told me I am a quick thinker. I participated team sports when I was a child and now as an adult I prefer singular sports such as boxing. I enjoy working with other people though.

Explain to me in a few sentences who your hero is and how he/she saved the day.

My father (INTP), because he always looks out for me. When I'm sad he always makes me happy by telling me a joke or taking me somewhere. I can tell my father anything that is on my mind. My uncle (ENTP) was also my hero, he would take me out on adventures when I was a child. Most of my happiest memories were with him, especially after my younger sister passed away.
I was diaignosed with Unipolar disorder after my uncle passed away from diabetes when I was 17 years old.

Explain to me in a few sentences what the ideal child should do with their free time.
Do what they enjoy doing best which utilizes their talents.

Explain to me in a few sentences what the ideal parent should do.
Love their child, teach their child the morals of life, listen to their child and protect their child until they are ready to move on into adulthood.

Sorry for all these questions. I'm trying to hit your MBTI from related theories.

No, ask away, I don't have any problems with answering questions.

Last edited:
To be honest, I have always seen you as more of an introvert. I have always seen you as a borderline T/F as well. You seem quite different then most ENTP's. There's something soft, sweet, emotional deep inside of you. I think you are a very balanced ENTP in any case.

:hug: