Type bias | INFJ Forum

Type bias

Majesty

:)
Aug 17, 2010
MBTI
ENTP
Okay people, time to clear some stuff up, after seeing "Omg life sux I wish I were INTJ </3" or "zomg i hate sensors".
I admit it, I hate intros, so let's get started.

Introversion/Extroversion
Introversion does NOT mean you're an old man with acne playing World of Warcraft in his mom's basement all day and that would rather die than see people. It is determined by the direction of your main function, so if it's introverted, poof you're an introvert. There is absolutely nothing wrong for an introvert to be outgoing, friendly, to like people, etc. The same goes for extroverts. You can be calm, quiet, not the number 1 fan of people and still be an extrovert. ENxPs can appear introverted, as Ne is the most introverted extroverted function.
Since I'm ENTP, I mainly process information with Ne, and it's extroverted so this is why the external world (NOT people) energizes me. If I were Ti dominant, I would need to internally process my information first, and this is why being alone could help me.

Sensing/Intuition
Probably the worst out here. You know the drill, intuitives are extremely intelligent people who can understand everything especially if it's abstract, talk with deep metaphors, are complex, while sensors are stupid cheerleaders who can't understand anything not related to sports or popstars. Sorry to pop your bubble bimbos, it's not exactly that. =(
It's true that intuitives tend to be more interested in the abstract, and sensors in the concrete. It doesn't mean intuitives can't fix a television and that sensors can't do physics.

The difference is between Ni/Si or Ne/Se:

Let's say you're playing a song on guitar, but oh noes, you forgot a chord. Life sucks doesn't it?
Si: Si may try some chords, until one feels right. It can't really explain why, but the sound it makes and maybe how their fingers are placed just feels right.
Ni: Since it can't feel out past sensory experiences like Si, Ni may find it with a hunch and having no idea why, or trying to find it with common patterns.
Yes, this example kind of sucks, but I couldn't find a better one. XD

Oh yeah, my mother is Si dominant, and she loves to watch documentaries on places where she's already been, and she really relives it. Ni can't do that. Teehee.

However, if you try to do something you've never done, Ni will usually be better than Si. Teehee.

This one will be way shorter and simpler...
Ne: Oh my god an apple like the one Eve ate I wonder if apples never existed what would be on the Bible maybe Eve would've eaten a chocolate cake or maybe there would be no bible and people would have no religion and there would be more wars and blah blah blah blah
Se: Shut up Ne, it's just an apple.

Se: What it is
Ne: What it could be

It doesn't make Ne better than Se. It makes them different.

And finally, S/N is NOT about big picture/details. Actually both Ni and Si tend to focus more on details than Ne and Se.

Thinking/Feeling
One of the main problems with this one seems to be...:
Random feeler: Omg I wish I were a thinker life would be so much easier </3
Yeah, no, not really. There is no "easier" type.
Becoming a thinker wouldn't make everything easier with no problems, you wouldn't stop caring and being empathic (although you may pretend you don't lol), and you wouldn't become cooler in the schoolyard.

The second problem is about "I'm really logical and good at maths and stuff, I must be a thinker!"
Nah. Thinkers may give more importance to logic when solving problems, but it doesn't mean their logic is good. o_o

And finally, feeler doesn't mean fluffy wuzzy emotional oversensitive little girl. Get out out of your head if that's what you think. :)

Judging/Perceiving
I think it's already been repeated enough times, it doesn't mean organized vs messy.
It's between Je/Pi and Pe/Ji
xxxJs have Je (either Te or Fe), which are more concerned with external organization.
XxxPs have Ji (either Ti or Fi), which are more concerned with internal organization.

So if you say to a Te user to do something one special way, they probably won't be really annoyed.
But if you say the same thing to a Ti user, since they already have their way and it's going to be damn hard to change it, good luck!
(Obviously this is extremely generalized, don't try to recruit a bunch of Te users and expect them to follow all your orders in your world domination plan)

Since you can't have both Je and Ji/Pe and Pi, you can't be boderline J/P.

I won't make a whole wall of text about this, since there's already a stickied thread on this subject.

Hope this helped. =)
If you totally disagree and want to kill me, calm down, then post it.

I dedicate this to someone who will recognize himself. :D

Note: I blame the grammar errors on my parents who were not born in an english country.

Last edited:
as i told you earlier, i don't hate sensors, i just dislike communicating with them. Well, Si sensors at least. I enjoy xstp

Reactions: jyrffw54
as i told you earlier, i don't hate sensors, i just dislike communicating with them. Well, Si sensors at least. I enjoy xstp
No, you met one or a few people that you didn't like and that you, with your amazing knowledge, typed as SJ.
And now because of this you decided you dislike alllllll SJs.

No, you met one or a few people that you didn't like and that you, with your amazing knowledge, typed as SJ.
And now because of this you decided you dislike alllllll SJs.

And this is when Ne is flawed, provided this is a sincere post.

I don't dislike "SJs," I dislike Si. Very much so. This can include NFP and NTP as well.

I dislike the ability to communicate easily with them, the loss of a connection. For example, my ISTJ boss, he's a nice guy, I mean, we pretty much have the "same" world views in a sense. But when you get past all of the surface stuff we really don't agree at all. Its not a "he's so obsessed with rules" or a "he's afraid to change." Its something much more deeper. Its just a... sandpaper on sandpaper personality. Whenever I talk to him, there's, well, as I said earlier, just a disconnect. And when he talks to me its the same thing. The same thing goes for the three estj quality bosses I have. Even a good friend of mine is ESFJ, and I think because she is an F we get a long a bit better, but there's still that disconnect.

Now for my estp friend, while she honestly says "why do you talk that way" etc, theres, hmm.... Its not a form of connection, I guess theres a grasp of comradery? idk.

This goes to everyone who starts threads like these. And is not intended to target anyone person. I'm just tired of seeing threads like this.

I'm going to say this because it needs to be said. People talk about type and down talk type to get it off their chest. Everyone here seems to overreact when someone complains about a type or types. Many people here including myself complain about various types so that we can deal with them daily, all while being fair to them. Everyone needs to stop freaking about people talking MBTI too fair or not liking types. Ya I find many types drive me insane and this is okay. I'm also find to vent. I think people are misunderstanding this is as a genuine issue with a specific type. We don't need to be reminded to be kind to all types and how people are more than a type. We know that. But this doesn't mean we won't have problems with certain types. So please leave us alone and let deal with these issues.

Reactions: arbygil
I dislike the ability to communicate easily with them, the loss of a connection. For example, my ISTJ boss, he's a nice guy, I mean, we pretty much have the "same" world views in a sense. But when you get past all of the surface stuff we really don't agree at all. Its not a "he's so obsessed with rules" or a "he's afraid to change." Its something much more deeper. Its just a... sandpaper on sandpaper personality. Whenever I talk to him, there's, well, as I said earlier, just a disconnect. And when he talks to me its the same thing. The same thing goes for the three estj quality bosses I have. Even a good friend of mine is ESFJ, and I think because she is an F we get a long a bit better, but there's still that disconnect.

then try a bit harder to communicate with them.

I have a coworker who I think is ISTJ and indeed it is not easy to communicate but I value her kindness and good heart, I lean on her for her organization talent and memory. I admire her for her consistency in her organization since I like to organize but I make a new system every week or so :shocked: As I see it she is the consistent base and I'm the explorer for better ways to do things. Together we are great

Try to see it as a great opportunity and figure out what you can learn from him

And please don't generalize about types

Blind bandit,

start an emotional support topic if you want things of your chess. It is never right to generalize any group of people EVER! You can say this ISTJ I know is... but never say 'ISTJ's are this or that'. How can we learn about other types if we stereotype them all the time. WE don't learn from it, in the contrary we will sooner say "god that man must be a ESTP and since I can't get along with that type, I will never get along with him". And ofcourse you never will...

Last edited:
Reactions: 894tt3h9
[mods]Note: Because we have a variety of types on this board, please recognize people may get offended with certain posts that declare one type/function better or worse than another. So, quickie alert: If this turns into a type flame war, it will get shut down. Carry on.[/mods]

Reactions: Blind Bandit
This goes to everyone who starts threads like these. And is not intended to target anyone person. I'm just tired of seeing threads like this.

I'm going to say this because it needs to be said. People talk about type and down talk type to get it off their chest. Everyone here seems to overreact when someone complains about a type or types. Many people here including myself complain about various types so that we can deal with them daily, all while being fair to them. Everyone needs to stop freaking about people talking MBTI too fair or not liking types. Ya I find many types drive me insane and this is okay. I'm also find to vent. I think people are misunderstanding this is as a genuine issue with a specific type. We don't need to be reminded to be kind to all types and how people are more than a type. We know that. But this doesn't mean we won't have problems with certain types. So please leave us alone and let deal with these issues.

The point of this thread is not to say that people are more than types and yadda yadda, but to explain stuff bout mbti and functions to people with my amazing vocabulary.

It's not fair to say that all ISFPs annoy you, simply because it's impossible.
There are 16 types. There has been 100 billion (random number) type-able humans on the earth.
Don't forget that ISFP is a way of thinking, not a way of acting (even if thinking one way will have effects on how you act).
You're hating quite a lot of people now huh? =O

(ISFP is a great example type ^^)

then try a bit harder to communicate with them.

I have a coworker who I think is ISTJ and indeed it is not easy to communicate but I value her kindness and good heart, I lean on her for her organization talent and memory. I admire her for her consistency in her organization since I like to organize but I make a new system every week or so :shocked: As I see it she is the consistent base and I'm the explorer for better ways to do things. Together we are great

Try to see it as a great opportunity and figure out what you can learn from him

And please don't generalize about types

Blind bandit,

start an emotional support topic if you want things of your chess. It is never right to generalize any group of people EVER! You can say this ISTJ I know is... but never say 'ISTJ's are this or that'. How can we learn about other types if we stereotype them all the time. WE don't learn from it, in the contrary we will sooner say "god that man must be a ESTP and since I can't get along with that type, I will never get along with him". And ofcourse you never will...

Bolded to be clear on what I'm responding to.

I don't think its really practical for me to start a new topic every time I need to vent especially if a thread is already open that is appropriate for the topic I need to vent about. Also while generalization are shaky ground there is some truth to generalizations even if they aren't positive. But again they are shaky logic.

I think looking at the rest of your post your misunderstanding what I'm saying. There is a diffence between venting and truly thinking that about a type. And as you mentioned a type can always break a mold. I have an ESTJ friend who is a blast to hang with and is the opposite of my mother who is a bad example of ESTJ.

You should try reading over my post again and try to understand the importance of being real about this issue. I can't like everyone or every type all the time and that's perfectly fine.

The point of this thread is not to say that people are more than types and yadda yadda, but to explain stuff bout mbti and functions to people with my amazing vocabulary.

It's not fair to say that all ISFPs annoy you, simply because it's impossible.
There are 16 types. There has been 100 billion (random number) type-able humans on the earth.
Don't forget that ISFP is a way of thinking, not a way of acting (even if thinking one way will have effects on how you act).
You're hating quite a lot of people now huh? =O

(ISFP is a great example type ^^)

As I said royal I'm not pointing you out specifically. I'm just sick of this excessive push to never have anything negative be spoken about type. To be so politically correct that anything said that is not positive transforms someone into a hateful bigot. Instead of someone who is frustrating by a type or a person. In other words blowing something so fair out of proportion they receive undue hate and contempt.

That is why I'm sick of these types of threads.

Last edited:
[MENTION=630]Blind Bandit[/MENTION], I'm not trying to pick on you, but just tell me how would you feel if someone comes here and says, "INFJs are [insert negative quality] because I've met one IRL and that's how they behaved?

Can you actually make such claims? MBTI/JCF is all about how we process information and of how we make decisions out of that information, but it tells us nothing about individual behavior. There may be a correlation between a type and a certain type of behavior, but if you have ever taken statistics, correlation will never imply causation. You cannot say that because he is X type, he will behave X way.

Now if you wish to show a real experiment, I would recommend you get a big sample size of certain types, and draw inferences of behavior from those results. But make sure you get a big enough sample size that encompasses all kinds of demographical data in order to show the validity of those inferences. But please don't come here and make sweeping generalizations based on 1 or 2 people you've met IRL. That's just not realistic.

But you're sure bothered when the thinkers on this forum are supposedly harassing the feelers for being sort and sensitive.

@Blind Bandit, I'm not trying to pick on you, but just tell me how would you feel if someone comes here and says, "INFJs are [insert negative quality] because I've met one IRL and that's how they behaved?

Can you actually make such claims? MBTI/JCF is all about how we process information and of how we make decisions out of that information, but it tells us nothing about individual behavior. There may be a correlation between a type and a certain type of behavior, but if you have ever taken statistics, correlation will never imply causation. You cannot say that because he is X type, he will behave X way.

Now if you wish to show a real experiment, I would recommend you get a big sample size of certain types, and draw inferences of behavior from those results. But make sure you get a big enough sample size that encompasses all kinds of demographical data in order to show the validity of those inferences. But please don't come here and make sweeping generalizations based on 1 or 2 people you've met IRL. That's just not realistic.

No worries no offense taken. And yes people have done this either here or else where. No its not a good feeling but at the same time it happens.

As for the rest of your post your missing my point. I would have thought my point was rather clear.

The point I'm trying to make even thought people aren't seeming to understand, is peoples feelings aren't invalid even if they are not positive or nice. And many of us vent here because we do have to deal with someone generalizing us in the real world. As an INFJ I would find it odd if someone didn't have this problem. Not its not the best solution but it works to some some degree.

No worries no offense taken. And yes people have done this either here or else where. No its not a good feeling but at the same time it happens.

As for the rest of your post your missing my point. I would have thought my point was rather clear.

The point I'm trying to make even thought people aren't seeming to understand, is peoples feelings aren't invalid even if they are not positive or nice. And many of us vent here because we do have to deal with someone generalizing us in the real world. As an INFJ I would find it odd if someone didn't have this problem. Not its not the best solution but it works to some some degree.

So do you think the best way to solve the problem is to fight fire with fire? People judge me, now let me judge them too.

Do you see the cycle of hate and prejudice that comes with that reasoning? I'm not judging it as good or bad, I'm just observing the absurdity of it.

I think looking at the rest of your post your misunderstanding what I'm saying. There is a diffence between venting and truly thinking that about a type. And as you mentioned a type can always break a mold. I have an ESTJ friend who is a blast to hang with and is the opposite of my mother who is a bad example of ESTJ.

I respect your need to vent. What I am concerned about is that maybe it isn't the type that bothers you after all. I don't know if it is ESTJs that usually get under your skin, but maybe it is some particular character flaw that ESTJs are more likely to have rather than the ESTJ itself.

So do you think the best way to solve the problem is to fight fire with fire? People judge me, now let me judge them too.

Do you see the cycle of hate and prejudice that comes with that reasoning? I'm not judging it as good or bad, I'm just observing the absurdity of it.

No, I think its important to let these feelings out in a safe place (here or with someone you trust) so you don't act subconsciously on these bottled up feelings and continue the cycle of hate. By not acknowledging the problems and dealing with the underlying feelings, problems grow. Pretending everything is fine is not dealing with the problem

Sensing/Intuition
Probably the worst out here. You know the drill, intuitives are extremely intelligent people who can understand everything especially if it's abstract, talk with deep metaphors, are complex, while sensors are stupid cheerleaders who can't understand anything not related to sports or popstars. Sorry to pop your bubble bimbos, it's exactly that. =(
It's true that intuitives tend to be more interested in the abstract, and sensors in the concrete. It doesn't mean intuitives can't fix a television and that sensors can't do physics.

I'm not sure if I missed your sarcasm or if I should be telling you to "fuck off".

I respect your need to vent. What I am concerned about is that maybe it isn't the type that bothers you after all. I don't know if it is ESTJs that usually get under your skin, but maybe it is some particular character flaw that ESTJs are more likely to have rather than the ESTJ itself.

No thats not the only reason. And of course certain flaws fustrate me more than others. But its also a mtter of the functions a certain type uses. For example Te and Si are both hard for me to deal with as is Fi somtimes.

BB, you have to understand that your need to "vent" in this regard is rubbing most peoples sensibillites the wrong way. This is why you keep incountering so much resistance, and very little support towards it from many others who are here. Your justification of it is not bringing people around either, and I doubt it will if you still insist on these methods. Others don't like it because they see it as unjust and unfair.

BB, you have to understand that your need to "vent" in this regard is rubbing most peoples sensibillites the wrong way. This is why you keep incountering so much resistance, and very little support towards it from many others who are here. Your justification of it is not bringing people around either, and I doubt it will if you still insist on these methods. Others don't like it because they see it as unjust and unfair.

Indy when you have a controversial opinion you expect at least some people to not agree with you. I'm well aware that my opnion runs against the grain. I'm fine with that, but it doesn't make my asseration wrong either. But I'm not worried about if people agree more that they really understand what I'm saying. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. I just have guts to say what some of us are thinking. How many I'm not sure. At least a few but anymore and I would be guessing.

I really don't need everyone's approval. If people don't like what I'm saying I'm cool with that. I just don't want people distorting my point.