Twin Flames - Has anyone met theirs? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Twin Flames - Has anyone met theirs?

New Thank you so much
You are welcome. :D
but wouldn't anyone in a poor relationship they realise isn't going anywhere?
Yes
something psychological as opposed to more spiritual.
Yes ;)
Don't worry .. I know I'm all over the place .. my mind will be shit for days now :tearsofjoy: trying to get all this sorted and go through combinations of different things, relate it all back to what I already know, adjust everything and set off in a new direction.:tearsofjoy:
"You can't eat an elephant in one bite." I forget who this quote is from.

Take your time finding your answers. And remember, when on a spiritual quest, there are no wrong answers and the answers reside in what you believe to be true for you. ;)

Best wishes @JustPhil .

The funny thing is I have never heard of a twin flame until recently. Then I met someone and they are not my type at all. So we argue more than a few times and go our own way. But we seem to keep meeting or crossing paths. Maybe it's like when you get a new car? You start seeing how many of the damn things are out there.
So my thoughts here are to discern whether this is just some sort of idealistic thought on my part or whether there may be some merit to the thought.

There are many perspectives on the idea of Twin Flame out there in the world....especially amongst the Lightworker communities as it has Mystical Mythical Spiritual connotations associated with the Theme. I have watched many friends get hung up on "finding their TF" only to walk away and leave it behind them unfulfilled.
Like you I hadn't ever heard of it. Then I did...and shortly thereafter met someone who changed my life. I wasn't looking for anything like it...yet it happened. I had one of the most spectacular jaw dropping mystical experiences with this man and I ended up finding out he was my Twin....after he died. He then became my ...how shall I say...Guide....from the other side of death for several years. I had never experienced anything like that in my long life until then.

Take a step back from the idea of the Twin and look at it from another view. Before we take form and grow into a human we get together with our Soul Family and work out a plan for us. Let's say I am one of your Soul Family... We're sitting around the round table discussing the types of experiences you'd like to have while being JustPhil. You say you want to use the idea of the Twin Flame to help further you on your evolution of consciousness....expand your awareness of your Self. So I say okay...I'll play the part of your Twin Flame through another human to assist you in your endeavor.
In the timing of your plan you and your Twin Flame will cross paths....seemingly by chance. And the idea of Twin Flames will come to you.
Now you are triggered to have the actual experience.
But.... Since we have Free Will...you may or may not respond or engage with the idea.
If you decide to not engage right now....the opportunity will come again. So rest your mind at ease with regard to that.

The purpose of the Twin Flame/Soul idea is to first of all have an Experience of Heart Opening Expansion ....so unconditional love can flow. Since the Twin Flame stories(distorted over time) promise eternal love and joy the person playing the Twin has to be everything you ever desired....etc. This is so they get deep into one's heart. It is not always nice. It is not always gentle and sweet. Basically it's nothing of what you might Expect...
My experience included a great deal of surprising love and deep grief. But it surpassed my wildest imagination I'll tell you that! You've probably not had a mystical experience of alternate realities so I won't bore you with the details.

In the last year I have been witnessing many Twins getting together now with great love evident between them. These Twins understand their roles in each other's expansion of consciousness and it's fricking amazing to watch them grow the heart ache moments. They are having shared mystical visions and experiences in real time together.

I will say this though.... It is significant for you that you keep seeing the one and the correlation in your mind for you is Twin Flame. This is your higher guidance giving you suggestions to explore.

:D I am excited for you. Your grand adventure is picking up speed!

Soul Family
Divine Compliment

I like these terms as they offer a more open view and perspective on the idea here.
There are lots of people who touch our lives in deeply meaningful ways.
Closing yourself off to an opportunity of growth is generally always the wrong direction.

You don't really need to embrace any sort of woo-woo stuff to get on board with the idea of another human holding within them the power to unlock some greater potential in you.
We are all teachers and students, hearts and souls, monkeys and masterminds.

I think you have to decide what definition of Twin Flame you're following before deciding if you've met yours or not. Some people believe that not everyone even has a twin flame so you may never meet yours.

I haven't decided what I think of it yet. By some definitions I've met mine and by others I haven't but who can say if I even have one to begin with?

To answer the degree of intensity, it was like a red live-wire. Almost like a drug

Vibes on top of vibes on top of vibes

Like when you know how to express yourself the most authentically, and they don’t necessarily have to get it per se, other than they understand you’re being yourself

There’s a chemistry to it, a familiarity and something that is polarizing yet compliments each other

Again, there’s no way to know how the other person quite perceives it

Yes I've met mine. He's 25 (I'm 23) INFP (he did the test but I'm not 100% sure about it, he seem a lot like INTP). Even though I haven't talked to him since January I can't forget about him.. at all. We were really good friends since May 2015.
Well I believe that what's meant to happen will happen.
FFS.

Just been doing a bit of reading about twin flames .. and am wondering if anyone has met their twin flame and would be willing to try and convey the intensity of that relationship, or non relationship if you have managed to stay away from each other.

Ta :)

Oh am I glad someone has finally asked that question!

I've met mine about twelve years ago. We despised each other at first but still managed to hang out for the sake of the gang (high school..you know). We did have some fun as kids, raising hell till dawn and partying together until our late teens. Then years went by, we lost touch. Moved away, then a decade later here I am..explaining to you how it is to be with your twin flame, because for some reason life has brought me and him back together for us to enjoy a love story you only think possible of in Danielle Steele novels.

Being with your twin flame is enough to make you question if you were born with telepathic abilities, even sometimes mental state. I think of something I crave, for example ice cream, he asks if I want to go out for ice cream. Sometimes I think hard without speaking and he ends up saying the very words rolling through my head at that very moment. It's borderline eerie at times! It's like living with a mirror of your soul (even yourself), it's unconditional love..as someone who has trouble feeling genuine love towards others I can tell you twin flame love is something...it just leaves you speechless! We do not envy those in movies living the perfect romance, as we know ours is real and strong. Not to mention the sexual energy..even after many years together the passion still flows (; Anyway! *clears throat* Aside from all those great things is one of the most important, communication. Never have we had a screaming argument. We talk things through, overcome problems as a unit. Just this week we stayed up all night talking in bed, it's therapeutic to be able to confine in someone as if they were your own personal journal...with extra snuggles and no judgment.

Being with my twin flame is no doubt the best aspect of my life. He is my core as I am his. I cry on his shoulder as much as he does on mine.
'Fairy tail.' Is what comes to mind when I think of our relationship, and I doubt that will ever change since it just gets better each day. If everyone ended with up their twin flame the world would be different, but life's not that fair..well maybe not this one at least. I do believe that if a soul is to end up with another, no matter if it takes a few lifetimes, they will find a way to each other. And when they finally do, they will know what it is to feel, to love..the RIGHT way. I am everyday grateful to the 'Grand Manitou' for this gift. He has rewarded us with each others souls and a love known by few.

Call it soulmates, twin flame, whatever you want. But a connection this strong, emotionally, spiritually and physical is no doubt just..LOVE. My father has always told us as little girls that love is one of the strongest force in the grand scheme of the astral plan. It is life and death, the very fuel of our souls.

So when it comes down to it...all these words just to say that being with your twin flame is just pure love. Growing, evolving, comprehending, fulfilling....love.

:<3purple:

Oh am I glad someone has finally asked that question!

I've met mine about twelve years ago. We despised each other at first but still managed to hang out for the sake of the gang (high school..you know). We did have some fun as kids, raising hell till dawn and partying together until our late teens. Then years went by, we lost touch. Moved away, then a decade later here I am..explaining to you how it is to be with your twin flame, because for some reason life has brought me and him back together for us to enjoy a love story you only think possible of in Danielle Steele novels.

Being with your twin flame is enough to make you question if you were born with telepathic abilities, even sometimes mental state. I think of something I crave, for example ice cream, he asks if I want to go out for ice cream. Sometimes I think hard without speaking and he ends up saying the very words rolling through my head at that very moment. It's borderline eerie at times! It's like living with a mirror of your soul (even yourself), it's unconditional love..as someone who has trouble feeling genuine love towards others I can tell you twin flame love is something...it just leaves you speechless! We do not envy those in movies living the perfect romance, as we know ours is real and strong. Not to mention the sexual energy..even after many years together the passion still flows (; Anyway! *clears throat* Aside from all those great things is one of the most important, communication. Never have we had a screaming argument. We talk things through, overcome problems as a unit. Just this week we stayed up all night talking in bed, it's therapeutic to be able to confine in someone as if they were your own personal journal...with extra snuggles and no judgment.

Being with my twin flame is no doubt the best aspect of my life. He is my core as I am his. I cry on his shoulder as much as he does on mine.
'Fairy tail.' Is what comes to mind when I think of our relationship, and I doubt that will ever change since it just gets better each day. If everyone ended with up their twin flame the world would be different, but life's not that fair..well maybe not this one at least. I do believe that if a soul is to end up with another, no matter if it takes a few lifetimes, they will find a way to each other. And when they finally do, they will know what it is to feel, to love..the RIGHT way. I am everyday grateful to the 'Grand Manitou' for this gift. He has rewarded us with each others souls and a love known by few.

Call it soulmates, twin flame, whatever you want. But a connection this strong, emotionally, spiritually and physical is no doubt just..LOVE. My father has always told us as little girls that love is one of the strongest force in the grand scheme of the astral plan. It is life and death, the very fuel of our souls.

So when it comes down to it...all these words just to say that being with your twin flame is just pure love. Growing, evolving, comprehending, fulfilling....love.

:<3purple:

Thank you for this .. it is great to hear what it feels like to perhaps correlate with my own feelings.

I've looked up false twin flames as well and just don't know really. But by definition would not being absolutely sure mean that she was not my twin flame?

Also we are not seeing each other currently. When I say that we do not visit each other at all. But we continually see each other out and about. It's maddening! It's almost as if she is arranging it to be like this it happens so much.

As an example my ex who lives just as close to me as potential twin flame (or false) I have seen five times in almost three years. If I had to count potential twin flame I would say I have seen her 40 times in five months. I am trying hard to move on from this person, to the point that I will if I see her I try and avoid her, but we still meet! Only two days ago we crossed each others path while walking. A week ago she drove past me crossing a completely different road. Yesterday I drove past her while she was walking. The chances just seem astronomical .. the times she works and times I do should make this pretty rare. But it keeps happening.

When we were together though, it was like skating on ice. It felt like we were gliding. It just felt right. I can't say that I could read her mind, but there was this deeper "knowledge" of each other. Perhaps I am just a crap skater, because we butted heads too. But it was all good.

The thing is I can't get her out of my mind .. even after five months not (really) seeing her. I got over my ex who I was with for more than ten years in four months!

The funny thing is I FEEL that I have found my twin flame. In moments of being lucid about the whole relationship (or perhaps not so lucid :)) I always say to myself that if it is your twin flame, at least you found and regardless of what happens now, you can be content with at least having met your twin flame.

At other times I wish I had been ignorant about the love, twin flames and the like because it HURTS!!

No. I'm not sure do I believe in twin flames and soul mates. I think the answer is more of no than yes.

Maybe someday I will meet the very special person. :blush:

I wonder at the same time. Perhaps what i am feeling is more just a deeper kind of love than I have ever had before? I used to wonder what love what right into my 40s. Then I'd ask myself that if I wasn't sure, then do I know what love is?

Perhaps it is just love for me, and I've never TRULY been in love before? Just liked my partners a lot.

I do wonder at this because it is only in the last three years that I have come into "my own" and become more authentic and the person I think I feel comfortable with. Perhaps like my alter ego before three years ago, I wasn't authentic and paid for it in love and life until then?

With this person I think I know what love is. Who knows though .. maybe I'll meet someone else, and experience a higher plane of love again? Maybe that is what relationships are about, bettering and intensifying your idea of love and then looking for someone that fulfils that idea in your head of what love truly is.

I used to be an atheist and a hardcore rationalist, completely ruled by logic and evidence; in hoc to the wisdom of Richard Dawkins' 'New Atheism' and the the skeptic movement. However, after a protracted existential crisis whereby I became obsessed with the question of 'why does anything exist?', I had a profound experience of either 'God' or a particularly wacky combination of brain chemicals - this was late 2014 if I remember correctly. Since then, I've lived a kind of dual life when it comes to spirituality: at once rational and dismissive, and at the same time uncritical and accepting; my mind thinks but my heart knows.

This 'dual life' has resulted in a spiritual convergence of the rational and the emotional which elevates the concept of 'mystery' to centre-stage. My heart 'knows' and 'believes' instinctively, whereas my mind is aware of everything that militates against this 'knowledge'.

However, this does not mean that I'm in conflict, because there is a point to this 'mystery' itself: it is preferable to really knowing either way. The mystery is what powers the tension of the spiritual - it could be, or it could not. There may be meaning behind something, or there may not. We don't know, and that's the point. It's the point because it means that we have to acknowledge something that rests within us at a deeper level, and take a leap of faith.

In terms of the concept of 'twin flames', therefore, I'm not particularly interested in whether it's 'real' or not, but in what this means for the individuals who cannot but help to consider it. There's something beautiful in how the notion of 'twin flames' tracks alongside a very real willingness to love unconditionally - or rather, not a 'willingness', but a complete submission; the conscious will isn't really involved at all.

The 'mystery' means that we don't know, and will never know for sure, but just imagine - for a second - what it means when a person elevates another in esteem and in love to the cosmic scale: in all of eternity and infinity, across the whole breadth and depth of existence, there is only you. And they feel this despite everything they rationally know about the world; they take a leap of faith for another human being so completely and so unreservedly that every other consideration dissolves before them.

Personally, then, there is too much meaning in the tension to discard this concept entirely (much like 'God') - my mind is pretty much certain that it's bullshit; my heart equally certain that it isn't.