Twin Flames - Has anyone met theirs? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Twin Flames - Has anyone met theirs?

Yes, I guess it would have been something like limerence...the connections gave some feeling of hope. But not being able to communicate my feelings in a proper way made it a frustrating experience as it was just unrequited love. Anyway, I'd say it's me rather not being in tune with my feelings...thinking everything through rather than understanding what I feel.
Yeah, this happened to me with a woman at work once, and in retrospect I don't know what I was thinking - there was a mutual crush, but we were pretty incompatible and ultimately she didn't want it. We barely even spoke - it was all stolen glances and fleeting moments. At the time I was acutely aware of my loneliness, and I think like you it probably gave me some feelings of hope. Having said that, though, it did make me pass up some real opportunities for the sake of my feelings for her (e.g. didn't follow up after a good first date with someone else, or a woman who wanted me in a nightclub); I was loyal to a dream.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, this happened to me with a woman at work once, and in retrospect I don't know what I was thinking - there was a mutual crush, but we were pretty incompatible and ultimately she didn't want it. We barely even spoke - it was all stolen glances and fleeting moments. At the time I was acutely aware of my loneliness, and I think like you it probably gave me some feelings of hope. Having said that, though, it did make me pass up some real opportunities for the sake of my feelings for her (e.g. didn't follow up after a good first date with someone else, or a woman who wanted me in a nightclub); I was loyal to a dream.

Had a couple days of further reflecting on everything. And I agree with you, in retrospect I don't know what I was thinking as well. It was a continuous running chase after each-other but without the necessary compatibility in our love language even though there is attraction to another. There was no point in continuing this as it just ended up with frustration and emotional drain on both sides.

The positive aspect from it is that you learn to understand the other's language and to appreciate yourself for who you are and to pull yourself to your strengths. If anything I have learnt to embrace my self-confidence again and to enjoy the the things I love as well to have more of a proper direction towards someone who can enjoy the language that I speak and from who I can enjoy the language as well. It's necessary in love.

In that sense I am starting to get a certain impression to why the concept of twin flames exists. It's being love struck and chasing each-other continuously without the compatible to end up the chase. You run after one another, fall, learn, fall again, etc. In the rare occasion that either would give up the running there would be a chance of actually sorting out the incompatibility. But there's a bigger chance you'd just split up from each-other to stop the emotional discomfort. Combine that with feelings of empathy to each-other in combination with Ni to connect everything (be it numbers, events, ...) and you get the Twin Flames experience.

If anything...in hindsight...I'd say that it was a chase after a runners' high on the pathway of love more than anything else...
I was loyal to a dream.

Hello! I would like to share my experiences as a twin flame and give a little insight as to how it happened, how I knew, and what it looks like. We are still together and have ALWAYS been together since we met 2 years ago. There was no separation period, although in the begining there was some typical "running" behavior.

Before we met, my dating life was a bit of a mess. I believe I fit the description of a serial monogamous - meaning, I will fall in love and commit myself to a single person for years, break up, find someone new and date them for years, and repeat, repeat, repeat. I have had 2 children from two of these relationships (not with my twin flame.) At the time, I had just let go of a 2 and a half year relationship. I loved the guy, had done everything in my power to help us grow, but at the end of the day it takes work and dedication from both people, and I knew deep down it was going nowhere. Letting him go changed something in me though. I learned from my mistakes, I learned more about myself, and I felt more alive and confident in myself than ever. About 5 months later, I was dating someone new. But this time I knew early on that this guy probably wasn't for me. He seemed great, but the connection wasn't what I expected.

My best friend called me to check in and see how I was doing. She had heard about my breakup and wanted to get together since it had been a while since we'd seen each other. She told me about her roommate, a friend of hers that she had met through work she thought would be perfect for me. "The man of your dreams," she said. I told her I was seeing someone but was thinking of ending it and planned a day for us to get together. A week goes by, I go over to her house, call her when I get there since it's a new apartment, and she meets me outside at my car. She then tells me, that her friend is inside to meet me, but he doesn't know that I'm coming. She basically set up a blind meeting where neither one of knew about it. I go inside and he's taking a shower since he got off work. My friend, her husband, and I stand in the kitchen and talk, and I'm nervous. I have no idea who this guy is going to be, what he looks like, if it's going to be awkward. I'm an introvert, so I don't like these kinds of things, I need time to prepare. All of a sudden he walks out of the bathroom, past the kitchen, and into the living room. He's talking the whole time, but he's not looking at any of us so he doesn't notice me at all.

But I will tell you, the second I heard him come out of the bathroom, I looked over at him. And the seconds it took him to turn the corner and into my sight, THE WORLD SLOWED. Everything was slow motion. My ears were ringing and sounded muffled, so I couldn't hear a word he was saying. And thinking about that moment now, seems like a blur, but it FELT so incredibly slow. It was bizarre. I will never forget the feeling. It lasted for probably 5 seconds till he stopped and turned around and saw me, and screamed lol. And we all just stood there, with me and him staring at each other not really knowing what to do. Then we all laughed. It was the weirdest meeting I have ever experienced in my life.

We introduced ourselves, sat down, laughed some more and talked about how crazy those moments were. Then he stood up and said, "come here and give me a hug." It was a longer, more comfortable hug than I ever share with strangers. Again, I'm an introvert, so I usually go with a very light "half-ass hug," - let's barely hug cause I don't know you.

My friend and her husband sit and talk with us for maybe 30 minutes before going outside and leaving us to talk alone. We decided to play cards. I noticed that he was beautiful, physical perfection. He was clearly the most beautiful guy I had ever seen with my own eyes. He was very charismatic, which as an introvert, I admired. Our conversation was natural. We both were extremely eager to get know each other. Asking about our interests, taste in music, tv, hobbies - who we are to the outside world, if that makes since. All of these things were mostly the same (ex: we both liked the same genres of music, liked the same bands, had been to the same concerts.) We had different hobbies, he's a sports guy, plays the guitar. I am an artist, spiritual, into crystals and astrology. But our conversation quickly became more personal. We found these things in common:

I am an INFJ female.
He is an ENFJ male.
I am an Enneagram 4.
He is an Enneagram 9.
We were born at the same time (5 minutes after midnight) in the same year.
We both had 2 kids. I have 2 girls, he has 2 boys.
We both have 1 brother and 1 sister.
We're the oldest of the 3 siblings.
We were both adopted, and our parents adopted our siblings as well.
We both have 1 older sister and 1 younger sister that was not adopted, that we do have a relationship with.
We both have very similar childhoods leading up to adoption, both experienced the same abuse and trauma.
His adopted dad is a pastor. My adopted grandfather is a pastor. And dispute that, we are both non-religious.
We both went into the military, both were medically discharged.
Same O-negative blood type.
Physically we were similar. Both very attractive, same height, same slim but muscular build. Hands were the same size, looked similar, and fit perfectly together.

Ok now, it felt crazy to feel this within hours of meeting this guy, but I already loved him. I'm not one to fall in head first like an idiot, but I did with him. I knew this was my guy, this had always been my guy, and was always going to be my guy. I just knew. And it was real. I didn't doubt myself either. I was crazy confident, and I wasn't scared to admit it, to myself or to him. He on the other hand was doubtful. Halfway into the 2nd week I told him I loved him. He didn't believe me. He told me that love took time and I couldn't possibly know in 2 weeks. I didn't care and I didn't try to convince him. I just kept loving him, enjoying every blissful moment I could with him. Energetically, it was like looking into a mirror. Sex was perfect, which I had never experienced before. In other relationships, sex had always been either underwhelming or way too much. Never perfect.

That year, my friend and her husband moved for work, and my TF moved in with me. The next year was rough for us. I realized that he had unresolved trauma, problems with lying due to shame and fear of rejection, ego issues, and frankly a lot of growing up to do. He had an ex that kept trying to contact him/see him, which he had planned to meet her and never did, but lied about it when I found out. This caused an emotional separation, instead of the typical physical TF separation. Instead of getting angry with him about all the lies, I tried to be understanding and supportive, hoping that would make him feel safe being honest with me. It didn't, and the lies continued. It was almost like he was "running" from me, but I didn't chase him like I hear about other twin flame relationships. Maybe it's a maturity thing, as I am in my 30's. I then set boundaries and made them clear. Told him what I expected from the relationship and that if he couldn't do it, we needed to break up. He then admitted his love for me and dedication himself to working on the relationship. And we have been working on all of our issues together since then, both equally dedicated.

I will say, although he has had a hard time believing and trusting it, I have never once even thought about leaving him. No matter how hard it has been. I see him as I see myself, I understand him as I do myself. Everything in him that drives me crazy, is either something I see within myself and need to work on, or something I have worked on within myself and can then teach him so he can grow from it. And these lessons we learn from each other are not easy, they are absolutely the hardest lessons we have ever learned. But I could never give up on him, because that would be giving up on myself.

I realize this was very long. And I hope it has helps answer the OP's questions. If anyone else has any questions, feel free to ask :)

Hello! I would like to share my experiences as a twin flame and give a little insight as to how it happened, how I knew, and what it looks like. We are still together and have ALWAYS been together since we met 2 years ago. There was no separation period, although in the begining there was some typical "running" behavior.

Before we met, my dating life was a bit of a mess. I believe I fit the description of a serial monogamous - meaning, I will fall in love and commit myself to a single person for years, break up, find someone new and date them for years, and repeat, repeat, repeat. I have had 2 children from two of these relationships (not with my twin flame.) At the time, I had just let go of a 2 and a half year relationship. I loved the guy, had done everything in my power to help us grow, but at the end of the day it takes work and dedication from both people, and I knew deep down it was going nowhere. Letting him go changed something in me though. I learned from my mistakes, I learned more about myself, and I felt more alive and confident in myself than ever. About 5 months later, I was dating someone new. But this time I knew early on that this guy probably wasn't for me. He seemed great, but the connection wasn't what I expected.

My best friend called me to check in and see how I was doing. She had heard about my breakup and wanted to get together since it had been a while since we'd seen each other. She told me about her roommate, a friend of hers that she had met through work she thought would be perfect for me. "The man of your dreams," she said. I told her I was seeing someone but was thinking of ending it and planned a day for us to get together. A week goes by, I go over to her house, call her when I get there since it's a new apartment, and she meets me outside at my car. She then tells me, that her friend is inside to meet me, but he doesn't know that I'm coming. She basically set up a blind meeting where neither one of knew about it. I go inside and he's taking a shower since he got off work. My friend, her husband, and I stand in the kitchen and talk, and I'm nervous. I have no idea who this guy is going to be, what he looks like, if it's going to be awkward. I'm an introvert, so I don't like these kinds of things, I need time to prepare. All of a sudden he walks out of the bathroom, past the kitchen, and into the living room. He's talking the whole time, but he's not looking at any of us so he doesn't notice me at all.

But I will tell you, the second I heard him come out of the bathroom, I looked over at him. And the seconds it took him to turn the corner and into my sight, THE WORLD SLOWED. Everything was slow motion. My ears were ringing and sounded muffled, so I couldn't hear a word he was saying. And thinking about that moment now, seems like a blur, but it FELT so incredibly slow. It was bizarre. I will never forget the feeling. It lasted for probably 5 seconds till he stopped and turned around and saw me, and screamed lol. And we all just stood there, with me and him staring at each other not really knowing what to do. Then we all laughed. It was the weirdest meeting I have ever experienced in my life.

We introduced ourselves, sat down, laughed some more and talked about how crazy those moments were. Then he stood up and said, "come here and give me a hug." It was a longer, more comfortable hug than I ever share with strangers. Again, I'm an introvert, so I usually go with a very light "half-ass hug," - let's barely hug cause I don't know you.

My friend and her husband sit and talk with us for maybe 30 minutes before going outside and leaving us to talk alone. We decided to play cards. I noticed that he was beautiful, physical perfection. He was clearly the most beautiful guy I had ever seen with my own eyes. He was very charismatic, which as an introvert, I admired. Our conversation was natural. We both were extremely eager to get know each other. Asking about our interests, taste in music, tv, hobbies - who we are to the outside world, if that makes since. All of these things were mostly the same (ex: we both liked the same genres of music, liked the same bands, had been to the same concerts.) We had different hobbies, he's a sports guy, plays the guitar. I am an artist, spiritual, into crystals and astrology. But our conversation quickly became more personal. We found these things in common:

I am an INFJ female.
He is an ENFJ male.
I am an Enneagram 4.
He is an Enneagram 9.
We were born at the same time (5 minutes after midnight) in the same year.
We both had 2 kids. I have 2 girls, he has 2 boys.
We both have 1 brother and 1 sister.
We're the oldest of the 3 siblings.
We were both adopted, and our parents adopted our siblings as well.
We both have 1 older sister and 1 younger sister that was not adopted, that we do have a relationship with.
We both have very similar childhoods leading up to adoption, both experienced the same abuse and trauma.
His adopted dad is a pastor. My adopted grandfather is a pastor. And dispute that, we are both non-religious.
We both went into the military, both were medically discharged.
Same O-negative blood type.
Physically we were similar. Both very attractive, same height, same slim but muscular build. Hands were the same size, looked similar, and fit perfectly together.

Ok now, it felt crazy to feel this within hours of meeting this guy, but I already loved him. I'm not one to fall in head first like an idiot, but I did with him. I knew this was my guy, this had always been my guy, and was always going to be my guy. I just knew. And it was real. I didn't doubt myself either. I was crazy confident, and I wasn't scared to admit it, to myself or to him. He on the other hand was doubtful. Halfway into the 2nd week I told him I loved him. He didn't believe me. He told me that love took time and I couldn't possibly know in 2 weeks. I didn't care and I didn't try to convince him. I just kept loving him, enjoying every blissful moment I could with him. Energetically, it was like looking into a mirror. Sex was perfect, which I had never experienced before. In other relationships, sex had always been either underwhelming or way too much. Never perfect.

That year, my friend and her husband moved for work, and my TF moved in with me. The next year was rough for us. I realized that he had unresolved trauma, problems with lying due to shame and fear of rejection, ego issues, and frankly a lot of growing up to do. He had an ex that kept trying to contact him/see him, which he had planned to meet her and never did, but lied about it when I found out. This caused an emotional separation, instead of the typical physical TF separation. Instead of getting angry with him about all the lies, I tried to be understanding and supportive, hoping that would make him feel safe being honest with me. It didn't, and the lies continued. It was almost like he was "running" from me, but I didn't chase him like I hear about other twin flame relationships. Maybe it's a maturity thing, as I am in my 30's. I then set boundaries and made them clear. Told him what I expected from the relationship and that if he couldn't do it, we needed to break up. He then admitted his love for me and dedication himself to working on the relationship. And we have been working on all of our issues together since then, both equally dedicated.

I will say, although he has had a hard time believing and trusting it, I have never once even thought about leaving him. No matter how hard it has been. I see him as I see myself, I understand him as I do myself. Everything in him that drives me crazy, is either something I see within myself and need to work on, or something I have worked on within myself and can then teach him so he can grow from it. And these lessons we learn from each other are not easy, they are absolutely the hardest lessons we have ever learned. But I could never give up on him, because that would be giving up on myself.

I realize this was very long. And I hope it has helps answer the OP's questions. If anyone else has any questions, feel free to ask :)
Interesting.

I'm happy for you :)

Meep. :grimacing:

I agree with the mystical ideas of a twin flame. Thought I may have met mine as well, and think that it definitely has some kind of psychological component, but as I’ve been researching and diving into mbti, jungian psychology theories, I noticed my thoughts moving more and more towards an understanding about some things before I could even fully understand them. Mind you, while “thinking” I may have met this “twin flame”. I’m not sure about the reality of it, though I do understand that there’s a spiritual side to things that have an actual existence that can’t be accounted for by “mass” or objective reality.

OR I’m simply THAT post traumatic, I see something in this person that I saw on myself that helped me decide to dive in to the journey of self understanding even if it means to live without this person. And I’m perfectly okay with that. As another infj said here before, there’s more beauty to experience in life if it isn’t over. And it isn’t. :blush: <3

I don't believe that twin flames are real. I can understand people who are religious believing in it as a concept but it's a form of dangerous magical thinking.

In reality, we have thousands possibly millions of people in the world that if we met and circumstances were right we would have enough in common with to have a happy, successful relationship. I understand thinking that you have one true love is romantic but it's problematic because it leads some people to not take ownership of themselves in relationships, to not admit that you *choose* to love somebody and that love isn't just something that happens magically and without effort.

Now, in terms of people who use twin flames as a concept that includes the possiblity of there being multiple- this is more reasonable and I think more metaphorical of a concept.

It is true that there are only some people you are compatible with. John Mulaney tells a joke, you can't marry everyone who is nice. And in that regard twin flames might represent a way to symbolize a pool of people with enough in common with you that strong compatibility exists.

Everyone is allowed to have their views but I find the concept strange and faulty in logic. Even creepy.

I think there are people who we know in the spiritual realm. When we find them in the physical it is a potent thing. I have encountered people that I am drawn do with some real intensity. Those people I think I have been with before and will be with again

Lately this is getting to be a trap where loads of sometimes desperate people end up yoling into toxic and damaging relationships only to crash out later. Another facet is people seeking someone to complete them without doing any inner work only to be disappointed later or worse.

Lately this is getting to be a trap where loads of sometimes desperate people end up yoling into toxic and damaging relationships only to crash out later. Another facet is people seeking someone to complete them without doing any inner work only to be disappointed later or worse.
100% accurate.

This post should have 1,000 likes. I learned about this stuff today. I knew about soulmates and stuff and i think its dangerous cause I fell down this rabbit hole of Tarot readings for Virgo and my imagination had not conjured up anything close to what the Tarot cards were saying regarding soul mate. So I laughed it off and said, no way the message could be the same on another channel.
After watching like five readings, I began to stop myself. I was imagining scenarios that seem impossible and honestly, could be disappointing if I put serious value to those general readings. Not gonna lie, I was shocked at how similar the messages were but my brain said, dude, the cards have a good chance of coming out the same or similar. One thing I do know for sure is that, sometimes fabricated "Hope" is a bad thing.

Last edited:
I think I have met my twin flame.
I could be wrong and it could just be a very karmatic soulmate.

I don't really recommend it. Whether it is a twin flame or soulmate. It is a responsibility you cannot escape.

It is cute if I read some posts about people claiming having found their twin flames and they're the same age and live close.
I found mine after a spiritual awakening and traveling 4000 miles away.
There is always an age distance between twin flames too, at least a couple decades.

There is always a feeling of Agape, where both partners feel an unconditional love for each other.
There are also a lot of psychic phenomena.

The nature (and goal) of the relationship is also otherworldly. While the exact reason is probably different for each case, don't expect it to look or feel like a love relationship.
It (soul) is not concerned about things of the ego. Twin flames shall never have children together (that I know for sure).

Some say that there might be something like 100 twin flame couples alive today.
That would amount to about 4 couples in the US, 5 in Europe. So the chance that anyone has even ever met such a couple is unlikely and most people wouldn't be able to tell unless you psychic or very cultivated.

I wish more people called Christianity and Catholicism out like this and for the same reasons lol. My parents made a solid attempt to raise me Catholic, baptism, first communion, etc. It's crazy people actually believe and will argue to the death that some random woman was chosen by a god and without sex got pregnant. Im sorry WHAT? Lol
So what if there are a few people out there that are interested in stuff like astrology, soul connections, etc.? Not too shabby next to the masses of people who waste money and time on that shit.
If being a twin flame that hasn't cleared their karmic whatever is a good way to justify bad behavior we can apply it to this as well. Think of a statement we've probably all heard "Only God can judge me." Or "I didn't have God in my life then." Not only are they exhonorating their shit behavior due to lack of religion, but pledging allegiance to guarantee a spot in some peaceful place. It's called "saving your soul" but really that is clever wording for what is a contractual agreement that benefits both parties. When the same agreement is made with Satan you're "selling your soul."
Dictator like leadership if you listen "Thou shall accept no other God before me." "Thou shall not take my name in vain." " The Lord gave and the Lord hath taken away;...”
All generally implying ownership of an individual...
"I made you, busted out earth in six days with time to rest on the seventh, and let's not forget Hell is my brainchild too. You'll recieve free will, and I'll just kick it and watch you navigate the temptation I laid out along the way to frequently test your loyalty to me. Good luck.:kissingheart:

Love always,
G."

Yeah, at that point you are not an individual but a slave, Psychology label that Narcissistic abuse lol
Go with anything you feel like doing, time will tell if it held any validity if not, you'll more than likely learn something from it. Besides wayyy to many people are concerned with finding love. Many have contested this but you actually don't need a significant other at all to live a fulfilling life. You can fall in love with other things in life and feel the same if not more happy neurotransmitters firing. Travel, pursue a passion, whatever it is that moves you. You don't want to spend this life only focusing on something that really isn't necessary to be happy in the end anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pin
Well, if souls exist then God exists. If God exists then God brings people together, sometimes once, sometimes multiple times in one life. You could have one specific person to love romantically or multiple. Whatever helps you get to heaven.

If souls don't exist then there is no God bringing people together. It's strictly biology working without any cosmic purpose. From that point of view, stuff just happens.

I think I have met my twin flame.
I could be wrong and it could just be a very karmatic soulmate.

I don't really recommend it. Whether it is a twin flame or soulmate. It is a responsibility you cannot escape.

It is cute if I read some posts about people claiming having found their twin flames and they're the same age and live close.
I found mine after a spiritual awakening and traveling 4000 miles away.
There is always an age distance between twin flames too, at least a couple decades.

There is always a feeling of Agape, where both partners feel an unconditional love for each other.
There are also a lot of psychic phenomena.

The nature (and goal) of the relationship is also otherworldly. While the exact reason is probably different for each case, don't expect it to look or feel like a love relationship.
It (soul) is not concerned about things of the ego. Twin flames shall never have children together (that I know for sure).

Some say that there might be something like 100 twin flame couples alive today.
That would amount to about 4 couples in the US, 5 in Europe. So the chance that anyone has even ever met such a couple is unlikely and most people wouldn't be able to tell unless you psychic or very cultivated.

Very well stated! I can appreciate the: I don't really recommend it position; however, this is beyond a personal decision level. If that is what the Universe wants that is what the Universe is going to get.
https://eraoflight.com/2021/03/13/twin-flames-a-divine-path-of-unconditional-love/ Not only explains the premise very well most of that web site has good information on the premise. Has yours been long enough to figure out who is the chaser and who is the chased?