Twin Flames - Has anyone met theirs? | INFJ Forum

Twin Flames - Has anyone met theirs?

I've met people that have had intense impact on my life. It can seem like I was destined to meet this person, because their is a simply a life before and a life after. Its safe to say these relationships forever changed my life and I've benefited from them. I'm wary of the concept of twin flame or soulmate. I think that's a lot to ask of someone else.

I do not mean to offend anyone by this, honestly, but due to personal experiences the phrase "twin flame" makes me bristle. I've known a lot of people who insist we have a deep, impactful connection when I do not feel the same way about them. Whenever someone has called me their "twin flame" I definitely do not feel the same way and it makes red flags pop up. It is usually followed by some amount of unhealthy behavior (on their part) and the idea that I would be willing to leave my SO for them. Ugh.

There have been a few people aside from my SO who have had a huge impact on my life for whatever reason but I've never thought we were twin flames. My SO is the only person I have that kind of profound bond with, but he fits the role of the soul mate.
Life is full of profound moments of learning and growth and many people have played those roles along the way.

Just been doing a bit of reading about twin flames .. and am wondering if anyone has met their twin flame and would be willing to try and convey the intensity of that relationship, or non relationship if you have managed to stay away from each other.

Ta :)
Quick answer, don't be fast to accept what you read :) You are your own Twin Flame.

@JustPhil What is your belief regarding the concept of Twin Flame?

Please read this:
https://themindsjournal.com/what-is-a-soul-call/

And this:
https://medium.com/@cindyannehbu/fa...ncy-and-attachment-theory-part-2-896f0580b9e9

Regarding Twin Flame...It is our own soul we see mirrored in the other person.

Many individuals appear on our life path to teach us. Labels such as Twin, False-Twin, Soulmate, Karmic Soulmate, Karmic Twin Soulmate are merely labels used as reference for the points on our individual life journey. When these individuals show up they have a purpose for us as we to them. Far too many fall into the trap of believing we have one human that is our other half and that we will find them and they will make us complete.

We are already complete.

We just need to hone up our life skills and dust off our soul's brilliance. This is why these individuals come into our life.

The length of time they are here varies and is not of our own design. If they are meant to be around for a life time they are, and you'll not drive them away. By the same regard, if they are not meant to be around for but a season, you'll not get them to stay.

is the only person I have that kind of profound bond with
This. ;)

I only discovered the twin flame concept when something happened that burnt my old life.
There is a distinct line in my life back in 2016 where the old self died and a new was born.
This happened because of two eyes that burnt all the old self away.
Why?
because they didn't want mine!

But it's funny because, i never consciously wanted that girl.
It was a click that happened as i was mad that she lied to me big time on our first date and i dropped her at her house
and didn't walk her to the door so no kisses can be expected.
Little did i know.. i was in love already and forever!

What matters greatly though, is that looking at the new self, there is no way it could co-exist with a woman
It somehow makes you realize that there are more forces at play between relationships that relate to something called "destiny".

This is important because the "twin flame" concept does not accept destinies but hopes that through luck we may end up meeting them.
But one eye contact burnt away two old selves. What else can i name it?

Maybe there's a flame out there for those who must be alone.
It will burn away all their desires to hold and be held.
This could only exist inside another pair of eyes and if it is for you, rest assured, they're out to get you!
I've called them "the eyes of the huntsman" from the snow white film.
Huntsmen work for the other side but unless love enters your bucket of material like the catalyst
nothing but those eyes can awaken you.

I hope you enjoyed the weird feedback trying to answer the question :)

I do not mean to offend anyone by this, honestly, but due to personal experiences the phrase "twin flame" makes me bristle. I've known a lot of people who insist we have a deep, impactful connection when I do not feel the same way about them. Whenever someone has called me their "twin flame" I definitely do not feel the same way and it makes red flags pop up. It is usually followed by some amount of unhealthy behavior (on their part) and the idea that I would be willing to leave my SO for them. Ugh.

There have been a few people aside from my SO who have had a huge impact on my life for whatever reason but I've never thought we were twin flames. My SO is the only person I have that kind of profound bond with, but he fits the role of the soul mate.
Life is full of profound moments of learning and growth and many people have played those roles along the way.

I'm of a similar opinion.

I'd say that I've been a bit more open to the woo-woo in recent years, particularly as it pertains to faith and a positive mindset, but the soulmate/twin flame stuff I'm rather leery of because people tend to treat random articles/forum posts they read online as a kind of gospel... and because they want things to work out so badly. And because so much of the woo-woo stuff is about feelings, it's easy to skate by all the red flags while you continue to chase that ideal that you believe is guaranteed for everyone.

But relationships are more than just feelings. Once all the oxytocin and dopamine wear off, you're going to have contend with the other ways in which you may or may not be compatible. An emotional connection isn't a guarantee of a mental, physical, or social/cultural connection. It doesn't guarantee you have the same life goals or share a similar approach to conflict resolution.

The twin flame/soul mate stuff makes it sound like a guarantee. All you need is love with a sprinkle of destiny.

I think its better to live life with both your feet on the ground and consider how it fits in spiritually after the fact rather than trying to get life to conform to your ideals. When its all said and done, the spiritual is an overlay. If you are an individual with strong faith, that necessitates you already believe that things will work out for you no matter what. You don't need to chase it or label it. You'll be drawn to or led to the right circumstances, the right person, the right challenges, the right vehicles for change. But if you're drawing charts and constantly monitoring your environment and trying to figure out who in your life right now fits that description, you're trying too hard. Let it be and let things unfold on their own.

Ehhhhhhhhh.

Personally, I dislike the concept of twin-flames. At first I was a bit lenient and open-minded about the idea, but I still held a bit of doubt. Now I just completely don’t think it’s realistic and even healthy to a certain extent.

Despite being in a very loving relationship that I have a very deep connection with and always feel he is creepily almost like my mirror image considering we are both INFJs, I wouldn’t say we are twin flames. Perhaps soul mates may fit better, but even if we are not soulmates, it is just a label and doesn’t discount what we feel for one another. He and I both discussed the concept on twin flames and agreed it’s a bit of mumbo jumbo despite us both as spiritual people who are into some esoteric concepts and ideas, but we also agree that twin flames are really bad reasoning for some people to stay in toxic relationships and ignore red flags just because they believe their partner is a “twin flame”.

If you read the signs of twin flames such as the runner/ chaser, it is just a bad excuse to justify immature people who can’t seem to stick in a committed, long-term relationships so they choose to flee, and the one person who is the “chaser” is in reality heavily dependent on the “runner” that is pretty much avoidant in the relationship in totality. It either happens for a long extended period of time, or it happens frequently where both people either break-up constantly and get back together, never finding a balance with one another.

It’s not stable to be quite frank.

Also another “true sign” is that the bond is so overwhelming, fights and arguments happen frequently and fights are so intense. While I do agree that relationships even the most healthy ones will fall into times of disagreements and arguments, that doesn’t mean it is healthy to stay in one in which fights and arguments happen so frequently and becomes borderline abusive that it is okay to stay in just because it is a “twin flame” relationship. Never stay in a relationship in which it becomes toxic.

So overall, I don’t believe too much into twin flames, but soulmates I am more lenient to. Labels or not, there are definitely people who do come into our lives that make such a huge impact on us regardless if they are our soulmates or not. I will keep an open mind about it, but I feel twin flames is an unhealthy esoteric term for some people to stay in toxic relationships and feel it is divine in some form, when in reality it is not the case.

Just been doing a bit of reading about twin flames .. and am wondering if anyone has met their twin flame and would be willing to try and convey the intensity of that relationship, or non relationship if you have managed to stay away from each other.

Ta :)

Yes I have met my Twin Flame as it's commonly called although I termed it Divine Compliment.
Why are you interested in this idea?

I'm of a similar opinion.

I'd say that I've been a bit more open to the woo-woo in recent years, particularly as it pertains to faith and a positive mindset, but the soulmate/twin flame stuff I'm rather leery of because people tend to treat random articles/forum posts they read online as a kind of gospel... and because they want things to work out so badly. And because so much of the woo-woo stuff is about feelings, it's easy to skate by all the red flags while you continue to chase that ideal that you believe is guaranteed for everyone.

But relationships are more than just feelings. Once all the oxytocin and dopamine wear off, you're going to have contend with the other ways in which you may or may not be compatible. An emotional connection isn't a guarantee of a mental, physical, or social/cultural connection. It doesn't guarantee you have the same life goals or share a similar approach to conflict resolution.

The twin flame/soul mate stuff makes it sound like a guarantee. All you need is love with a sprinkle of destiny.

I think its better to live life with both your feet on the ground and consider how it fits in spiritually after the fact rather than trying to get life to conform to your ideals. When its all said and done, the spiritual is an overlay. If you are an individual with strong faith, that necessitates you already believe that things will work out for you no matter what. You don't need to chase it or label it. You'll be drawn to or led to the right circumstances, the right person, the right challenges, the right vehicles for change. But if you're drawing charts and constantly monitoring your environment and trying to figure out who in your life right now fits that description, you're trying too hard. Let it be and let things unfold on their own.

All of this. However, too many people are drunk on oxytocin.

In reality....I don't believe in twin flames because I don't believe in the theory behind it. I don't believe I have a soul except in a metaphorical sense. However, there are people out there I can connect with in deeply meaningful ways. These people you can talk to about anything, communication is easy, there is a flow as well as reciprocity. In addition, if you have a physical attraction as well as many common interests and views, well then you're likely very compatible. If you develop unconditional love for one another, or close to it, you may have many good, if not great, years together. That is as good as it gets, imo. I would be grateful to have at least one of these during my lifetime.

Only the trials of life and how you weather as a couple over years can reveal whether they're a soulmate, or someone equivalent in meaning.

Yes I have met my Twin Flame as it's commonly called although I termed it Divine Compliment.
Why are you interested in this idea?

Because I am in this intense friendship. I've read about it, but is also sounds quite rare .. so I'm thinking "is it or isn't it. Could it be?" just the typical shit running through my head as I try to work things through.

The funny thing is I have never heard of a twin flame until recently. Then I met someone and they are not my type at all. So we argue more than a few times and go our own way. But we seem to keep meeting or crossing paths. Maybe it's like when you get a new car? You start seeing how many of the damn things are out there.

So my thoughts here are to discern whether this is just some sort of idealistic thought on my part or whether there may be some merit to the thought.

Quick answer, don't be fast to accept what you read :) You are your own Twin Flame.

@JustPhil What is your belief regarding the concept of Twin Flame?

Please read this:
https://themindsjournal.com/what-is-a-soul-call/

And this:
https://medium.com/@cindyannehbu/fa...ncy-and-attachment-theory-part-2-896f0580b9e9

Regarding Twin Flame...It is our own soul we see mirrored in the other person.

Only what I've read and heard from the person that first introduced me to the concept. They were saying it is a living hell as you always feel connected to that person. I'll read those articles so thank you :)

Thank you so much @Sandie33 . Sometimes you need someone to make you question, query the validity of things. The https://medium.com/@cindyannehbu/fa...ncy-and-attachment-theory-part-2-896f0580b9e9 link gave me something and I have to think perhaps that what I am experiencing is a false twin flame (and I say perhaps as I am not even sure about whether this is something psychological as opposed to more spiritual.

I have experienced every single one of the points from the below.

https://www.cosmicminds.net/false-twin-flame-stages/

but wouldn't anyone in a poor relationship they realise isn't going anywhere?

Just heaps of questions and things trying to be sorted currently. I love it when you get pointed in a certain direction and then "go bananas". That's how I originally got onto finding this site. A girl I dated mentioned a different site and it started me looking, a few clicks later I was here.

Don't worry .. I know I'm all over the place .. my mind will be shit for days now :tearsofjoy: trying to get all this sorted and go through combinations of different things, relate it all back to what I already know, adjust everything and set off in a new direction.:tearsofjoy: