Turnoffs: Things that turn you off in another | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

Turnoffs: Things that turn you off in another

I have no idea what this means...

Is this text language or something?

It means Too long; didn't read.

Let's say, you wrote a passage about something and, oh, the horror, it's longer than Twitter-approved 140 symbols of a verbal sneeze.

Here comes some entitled moron and finds your text. For his everlasting shock, it's longer than a tweet. And, oh, the horror, he has to commit to reading it. And put an effort in it - oh, the tragedy. It takes time in which he could watch reality shows - injustice! And some words are longer than 8 characters - violation of his human rights! And his untreated ADHD and attention span of whole 5 nanoseconds does not even allow him to go through the text - absolute disgrace!

So he musters up all the arrogant ignorance he has and blurts out - "TL;DR" - "Too long; didn't read. Tee-hee. You are a dumbass, you know. Who writes something that long these days. But like whatever. I'll go and watch Gossip Girl and then post new photos of my nail polish to Instagram."

On the other hand, I've never seen a truly interesting, compelling, smart and eloquent person use this phrase. They are mostly always engaged and if they are not you'll never know - they just move on quietly.

It means Too long; didn't read.

Let's say, you wrote a passage about something and, oh, the horror, it's longer than Twitter-approved 140 symbols of a verbal sneeze.

Here comes some entitled moron and finds your text. For his everlasting shock, it's longer than a tweet. And, oh, the horror, he has to commit to reading it. And put an effort in it - oh, the tragedy. It takes time in which he could watch reality shows - injustice! And some words are longer than 8 characters - violation of his human rights! And his untreated ADHD and attention span of whole 5 nanoseconds does not even allow him to go through the text - absolute disgrace!

So he musters up all the arrogant ignorance he has and blurts out - "TL;DR" - "Too long; didn't read. Tee-hee. You are a dumbass, you know. Who writes something that long these days. But like whatever. I'll go and watch Gossip Girl and then post new photos of my nail polish to Instagram."

On the other hand, I've never seen a truly interesting, compelling, smart and eloquent person use this phrase. They are mostly always engaged and if they are not you'll never know - they just move on quietly.

YUUUUUUGE turnoff.

Women who are completely buried in their phones at bars.

If you're at a bar, ideally, you're there to mingle. Of course women are not the only culprits. The message being sent is: leave me alone. Well, then, I'll surely leave you alone. But I don't come out of my hole to sit and play on a fucking phone at a bar.
Imagine if unattractive (to you) girls constantly asked you out everyday. It's going to get old fast. My point here is that as a girl, you'd have to find (whether consciously or subconsciously) a way to filter out a lot of guys.

A girl prefers a guy who's not afraid to talk to her and assume he's more interesting than her phone.

That being said, I don't doubt your intuition that perhaps you simply don't like her, and her signaling her personality through her phone is just a side effect, and not the root of the issue.

Reactions: Ryso89 and INFJ16
I find this ironic: showing dominance in a passive aggressive way.
Passive aggressive. The new buzz words.
Is passive aggressive by itself bad? Or are there levels? Can it ever be used for good?

Twitter - I think people care about what I have to say.
I don't have a Twitter account.

People who have no priciples or do not stand by them. Growse! People who don't care about things/issues/people. People who delight in harming others just because they can.

Reactions: Asa and Vigilance
People who have no priciples or do not stand by them. Growse! People who don't care about things/issues/people. People who delight in harming others just because they can.

This sounds like most people in general?

Reactions: Asa
bad shoes - annoyingly frugal - ungroomed hair - bad breath - no ambition - too passive - no clear vision for their future (this applies to significant others and friends)

Reactions: dang and Vigilance
Ignorance and meanness.

It is hard to define when someone is 'culpable' of these things though because we are all guilty of this behaviour at least to some extent, some of the time. I suppose it depends how much we are aware of what we are doing and what our true underlying motivation is. It comes down to awareness and intent.

Last edited:
Talking too loudly.

Back slapping.

Saying "cheer up it may never happen".

Patronising.

Assumptions.

Sexist, and anything 'ist' attitudes.

Oh yes, liars!

And that pensioner in my fiddle class who keeps calling me 'teachers pet', I mean, grow up already!

Actually passive aggression because it is annoying as fuck, especially when its in your face. I'd rather someone just came right up to me and poked me in the eye! Don't stand right in front of my face and pretend your not doing it. It's yellow bellied and snarky. It annoys me just as much as people making assumptions about things they know nothing about. People need to get on with their own life and leave other people alone.

Last edited: