Too much to process. | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Too much to process.

I think this statement requires some deep reflection.

How much of your analysis do you think is truly beneficial and how much of it do you think is simply overhead that could be done away with?

Jana mentioned computers needing time to process, that is good. Remember, computers work within the means of how they were programmed, not how others expect them to work!

Good, good points, NAI - and thank you, everyone, for contributing your thoughts to this thread. It's extremely helpful.

A lot of the analysis is secondary, extraneous information that needs filtering. Honestly, I should know that no one is upset with me, and that I should give myself at least a day to calm down enough to think it through...I really need an outside presence to help, though. Someone to bounce it off of to tell me yes, it's ok, you can make it/do it (hee...sort of like that Daft Punk song). Maybe I should have that song playing when I seize up.

Part of this is a weird seizure, though, or it feels like it. I absolutely will not press through it unless I force myself to come out of it. Depending on what's going on in my life sometimes I can press through it...and sometimes I can't. :(

But all of this information helps. Yes, sometimes I will need to take time to process and I can't be so disturbed by what others will think of my delay that I don't allow my Ni to process through the information. I think that may be some of the problem.

A lot of the analysis is secondary, extraneous information that needs filtering.

Yes, sometimes I have problems with filtering. Because, for me anything can be too ipmortant to be dropped out. Especially when I am not in good condition (see topic about Se in introverted types).
Hoe do you deal with it? I try to be aware of fact that some things can be dropped out...