"Too Innocent" | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

"Too Innocent"

Ah, I see. She was complimenting you. By telling you that you are "too innocent", she most likely meant that you seem like an all-around good guy. You are not like the other guys her niece has brought by.

She likes you so she is preparing you. Her and her family will corrupt you a little (they aren't as innocent) but in a fun way.

It could also be a little of "you're too good for her" but I don't think she meant it as an insult to the niece. I get the vibe that this is the way she talks to people.

So yes, she meant something by it, but it was nothing negative.

My honest opinion.

I got this feeling as well because I have heard similar things from other people and have said as much myself. I see it every semester as little innocent freshmen come onto Greek row and are exposed to whole new levels of debauchery. Things I have gotten used to seeing, things that have become normal to me. Some jump head first into the experience, others try to hold onto their “goodness” and “innocence”. I don’t share even a fraction of what I have experienced in my college years and what I do share is typically the “innocent” side of fun. Some things are just better off not talked about in the public domain even if they would make hilarious and awesome stories.

What has me so obsessed with the comment is I have not heard it for a while directed towards me and there are greater implications to being innocent that [MENTION=731]the[/MENTION] touched on. I kind of needed someone else to point out that negative truth of innocence to confirm the gut feeling I had on the comment. I do not think it was meant in that way as multiple people have pointed out and the niece knows I have a not so innocent side as well, you just have to get past the polite and serious wall I put up. But looking at the bigger picture and ignoring this one event is what is making me dwell on it more. This is why I was curious about how my personality is projected on this forum. I know online personalities are a bit different than reality because there is so much lost in translation, especially since I use this place as kind of an escape but there is truth there.

It all really depends. I have a baby face and that probably why people have treated me a certain way and has helped shape my personality. People have reinforced it by saying "He wouldn't do that" or "He's too nice too...." and they would be mostly right, but sometimes you just have to say "fuck" to break the mold you've been cast in.

I wouldn't worry about it. If I had born with a really masculine face people wouldn't trust me no matter what I said, and maybe even want to have sex with me, which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing

. She then said it just takes the right person to bring out the corruption that is already there.

there_are_no_good-103622.jpg

Have fun getting corrupted.

I got this feeling as well because I have heard similar things from other people and have said as much myself. I see it every semester as little innocent freshmen come onto Greek row and are exposed to whole new levels of debauchery. Things I have gotten used to seeing, things that have become normal to me. Some jump head first into the experience, others try to hold onto their “goodness” and “innocence”. I don’t share even a fraction of what I have experienced in my college years and what I do share is typically the “innocent” side of fun. Some things are just better off not talked about in the public domain even if they would make hilarious and awesome stories.

What has me so obsessed with the comment is I have not heard it for a while directed towards me and there are greater implications to being innocent that [MENTION=731]the[/MENTION] touched on. I kind of needed someone else to point out that negative truth of innocence to confirm the gut feeling I had on the comment. I do not think it was meant in that way as multiple people have pointed out and the niece knows I have a not so innocent side as well, you just have to get past the polite and serious wall I put up. But looking at the bigger picture and ignoring this one event is what is making me dwell on it more. This is why I was curious about how my personality is projected on this forum. I know online personalities are a bit different than reality because there is so much lost in translation, especially since I use this place as kind of an escape but there is truth there.
A honest advice: get rid of that "wall". Don't go into the other direction tough...just be yourself. let people know the real you.
This is just a advice, please don't take this in the wriong way!

A honest advice: get rid of that "wall". Don't go into the other direction tough...just be yourself. let people know the real you.
This is just a advice, please don't take this in the wriong way!

I get what your saying and I agree to a certain degree and I don't take offense to it. There is a healthy amount of "wall" putting up and an unhealthy amount. I think sometimes I cross this line and can do better, other times I think I am at the right amount. What I mean by this is pretty simple. I am not going to fart in front of a girl on a first date (Unless it is a really bad first date and then I might not care). She knows I fart, I know I fart but that's just rude and may not result in the date going well. Same thing, if I am bringing a girl back to my apartment, I am going to clean it up a bit. She knows and I know, that I am not always perfectly clean but normally I keep everything pretty tidy. However, I don't always feel like doing the dishes, vacuuming and all the fun stuff so I will put it off for a day.

Another example is when I am dealing with rude people which happens all the time personally and professionally. There are some people who are just complete douche bags who just want to bitch about anything and everything they can because they can. It doesn't matter what you do to help them. They just want to bitch to the world. My natural and normal reaction to these people is to go tell them to take their complaints and shove it. (Part of the reason I would be a bad therapist) However, i don't do this. I nod politely, let them complain until they realize or don't realize how stupid they look and that their complaining isn't going to fix anything, at which point they just leave. They are not worth my time or energy to be "real" with and the "wall" works perfectly in these situations. They don't deserve my time, so they aren't going to get it.

This is all off topic though but I think you get the point I am getting at.

Why would anyone want to get past your "polite and serious"? These are great qualities to have. I also have a feeling they aren't walls and that they are just part of who you are.

There is nothing negative about coming across as "too innocent". If you came off as a guy that wasn't so innocent, you wouldn't be getting the red carpet treatment from her family. See how it can be beneficial? Regardless of the things you have done in your past, you are still a good guy and it shows. You should be proud of your "too innocent" status. In fact, I think you should purchase a pin that says "too innocent" and sport it around town.

That would be 'too funny'.

Reactions: jimtaylor
Why would anyone want to get past your "polite and serious"? These are great qualities to have. I also have a feeling they aren't walls and that they are just part of who you are.

There is nothing negative about coming across as "too innocent". If you came off as a guy that wasn't so innocent, you wouldn't be getting the red carpet treatment from her family. See how it can be beneficial? Regardless of the things you have done in your past, you are still a good guy and it shows. You should be proud of your "too innocent" status. In fact, I think you should purchase a pin that says "too innocent" and sport it around town.

That would be 'too funny'.

Haha I don't know why but this post reminded me of a shirt I bought with my best friend when I was in the 7th grade and wore to school and then got suspended. It was completely worth it. It was a shirt with a smiling Buddha on it that said, "I might be fat but I've got a big dick." I was a chubby little kid and so it was the funniest thing I think I have ever done. They sent me home within the first 15 minutes but like I said it was worth every bit if punishment I got. Something about the whole too innocent pin reminded me of it. Because I had more than a little influence from my best friend who told me I would gain endless respect for wearing the shirt. I know childish and immature but such good times. I think about it and I just can't help but laugh and smile. Nobody expected it from me and even the principle had to try really hard to not smile as they punished me. I didn't do it to be a bad boy. I did it to make people laugh and smile. Off topic but I thought I would share.

It's all this odd sort of paradox you have to juggle.

There's the blue pill and the red pill. You gotta look ol' Morpheus square in the eyes and say "No, I won't play your cursed game!" Then you take both pills, throw them at his face, and calmly leave.