"Too Innocent" | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

"Too Innocent"

I cannot see any other true reason for her to make a comment such as that. It makes no real sense. I don't even think she pondered as deeply on what she said or your nature as everyone in this thread did lol.

But what could be more important than taking a simple and meaningless comment from a person whose opinion means everything in the world and overthinking it? *Sarcasm* Honestly, it really got me thinking about how I come across to people. I know I am not a fiery personality and I am quiet but I do not think I am innocent.

I will give the aunt this, we have pretty different personalities. She has a lot more fire to her personality. She is loud, loves to argue, enjoys drinking and is outgoing but loves her space. Cannot stand clingy guys but enjoys my corny pick-up lines.

Last edited:
If you're a good person, and you do your best to stand up for yourself and what you believe in and live your life with determination, whether you're branded as 'innocent' or not should't matter. In fact, I'd say its an advantage to be underestimated sometimes.

That last point couldn't be more true. It can be fun to be the underdog and has its advantages.

So do you correlate innocence and incompetence?

On some level but its a lot more than that. Incompetence caused by inexperience, lack of common sense, ineptitude, and negligence. There innocence because you just started out and there's innocence in the way a mentally handicapped person just will never be convicted guilty.

On some level but its a lot more than that. Incompetence caused by inexperience, lack of common sense, ineptitude, and negligence. There innocence because you just started out and there's innocence in the way a mentally handicapped person just will never be convicted guilty.

Oh got it. That makes a lot of sense. It's like children's innocence which can be sweet versus an adult acting like a spoiled child which is just embarrassing

Could also mean that this girl might ruin you. i.e. she might not be innocent enough for you.

Just an alternative interpretation.

"for her" ..................key words

"for her" ..................key words
That doesn't make much difference. Ever heard the phrase about death being too good for someone?

Just because it's "for her" doesn't mean it is positive as it pertains to her.

Sorry, but I was agreeing with your take on it.

Could also mean that this girl might ruin you. i.e. she might not be innocent enough for you.

Just an alternative interpretation.

Or maybe I just need to get on her level of corruption. I think I can accept that challenge. Haha.

The more I think about it, the more I think it was just cattiness between women.

The more I think about it, the more I think it was just cattiness between women.

Good point. That could be true. I don't know either of them well enough to be the judge of that.

Over thought. Has she said anything else note worthy.

She may actually think you are innocent compared to how she knows the girl acts or has... :)

I think it was more a comment about her than about you.

[MENTION=2710]jimtaylor[/MENTION]

Did she say, "you are too innocent for her", or "you are too innocent"? And did she say it in front of her niece?

@jimtaylor

Did she say, "you are too innocent for her", or "you are too innocent"? And did she say it in front of her niece?

She said that I am too innocent for her and said it to the niece.

Over thought. Has she said anything else note worthy.

She may actually think you are innocent compared to how she knows the girl acts or has... :)

Aye that was what I was saying, the wider picture is more important, like what you say you cant tell from one thing that's been said.

She said that I am too innocent for her and said it to the niece.

And how did she (your friend) react to this? Was she bothered, or did she shrug it off and laugh about it? Did she seem uncomfortable?

I know it seems like a lot of questions, but if you want an honest opinion, then the answers to these questions are important.

Also, if you ever see her again you should ask her what she meant by it. I'm sure she would have no problem telling you.

And how did she (your friend) react to this? Was she bothered, or did she shrug it off and laugh about it? Did she seem uncomfortable?

I know it seems like a lot of questions, but if you want an honest opinion, then the answers to these questions are important.

Also, if you ever see her again you should ask her what she meant by it. I'm sure she would have no problem telling you.

She shrugged it off and just laughed. Then later talked with me about it for a moment and said it could be an insult to her, myself or it could be positive as they like me a lot better than any other guy she has brought home and they have not been shy in saying as much. They have made dinner for me twice and said I could stay over any time I want. She then said it just takes the right person to bring out the corruption that is already there. Maybe they are hoping I am a sign she is ready to settle down???

[redacted]

Last edited:
I was greatly inspired by The Kingdom of Heaven is Within You by Leo Tolstoy, english translation, and works by Robert A. Glover PhD.

She shrugged it off and just laughed. Then later talked with me about it for a moment and said it could be an insult to her, myself or it could be positive as they like me a lot better than any other guy she has brought home and they have not been shy in saying as much. They have made dinner for me twice and said I could stay over any time I want. She then said it just takes the right person to bring out the corruption that is already there. Maybe they are hoping I am a sign she is ready to settle down???

Ah, I see. She was complimenting you. By telling you that you are "too innocent", she most likely meant that you seem like an all-around good guy. You are not like the other guys her niece has brought by.

She likes you so she is preparing you. Her and her family will corrupt you a little (they aren't as innocent) but in a fun way.

It could also be a little of "you're too good for her" but I don't think she meant it as an insult to the niece. I get the vibe that this is the way she talks to people.

So yes, she meant something by it, but it was nothing negative.

My honest opinion.