Motor Jax

randomness included
Retired Staff
May 5, 2008
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
Random
are you a procrastinator? if so, on what things? what are the things you continually try to put off?

Hi My name is Becki and I am a procrastinator....

It all started when..............blah blah

Yeah I am BIG time Main things are DISHES LAUNDRY AND Paying bills (I HATE these things!)

but really just about everything gets put off at one point or another This is a BIG problem for me!

I'm probably not a procrastinator, but only because I am chronically lazy. :shock: Yup, I have lots of little projects going on that are really fun, so getting the chores done is for me a means of clearing the deck so the fun can commence unimpeded. Having things hanging over my head infringes on my energy...and that's probably the only thing that helps get things done. It's hard to be smug about not procrastinating when you know the only reason you aren't is because you're essentially a bum. ;)

I am...it's one of my biggest flaws. I even procrastinate on pleasurable things (I guess I'm trying to prolong the pleasure by extending the anticipation). I'm leaving for a weeklong backpacking trip in about 5 days. I'm really excited to go, but is all my stuff ready? No. Do I still have some shopping to do? Yes. Why do I do this to myself? I don't know.

ensign_m said:
I am...it's one of my biggest flaws. I even procrastinate on pleasurable things (I guess I'm trying to prolong the pleasure by extending the anticipation). I'm leaving for a weeklong backpacking trip in about 5 days. I'm really excited to go, but is all my stuff ready? No. Do I still have some shopping to do? Yes. Why do I do this to myself? I don't know.

I procrastinate more on the things i find enjoyable! What the crap is that all about!

entyqua said:
ensign_m said:

I procrastinate more on the things i find enjoyable! What the crap is that all about!

I know! I don't understand it either...

Wow. Didn't used to think this was me . . . then I got a messy roomate, and I'm finding it hard to do double the work. So I've been NOT doing housework, etc, you name it! I detest cleaning up after others . . . unless they have a darn good excuse!

WOW... kinda scary that I found this today! Speaking of procrasinating...

I went to bed at 2am and I got up at 7am to go to walmart to get all the items for my best friend's wedding shower games this morning, I work 9 to 5, and then her shower is at 5:30....
TALK ABOUT LAST MINUTE!!!

I'm not dreading it, and if I didn't tell you, you would think I spent months planning after all the cool games and prizes I put together in 24 hours!!!

:D I did the same thing with all my essays in college, I woke up at 4am, class at 6am...and I still got A's....

MAYBE, JUST MAYBE the things we are good at and the things we love to do take no effort, and it's so easy and quick for us to make it happen! :lol:

Procrastination isn't a problem!
It's the solution!

I read that somewhere and it made me laugh.

I think alot of times if I didnt procrastinate it wouldnt have been done nearly as well! Others well its just a disaster! I thrive on the last minute...

Now if only I wasnt so damn forgetful!

mexymoo3 said:
:D I did the same thing with all my essays in college, I woke up at 4am, class at 6am...and I still got A's....
Yes!! I used to do that all the time in high school. I would finish my essays right before going to school/during the class time...

I procrastinate about so many things... Too many things!! Material things as much as more personal things... It is a huge problem for me, because I'm constantly feeling guilty because of it. Not so much about the material things because I don't really care (I just don't like doing it, period) but more about the personal stuff. Mainly my art. In this case I'm not sure why. I think I have such high expectations for myself that I'm scared of not living up to my own standards when I actually do them in reality. Because of that I don't do it. I have to work on accepting the fact I am not a flawless creature, and I need practice to become better.

Not just a P trait.. I am very decisive about knowing exactly what I hate doing- schoolwork, chores, sometimes I'm too lazy to finish writing a blog/forum post/message response but will usually complete those before the aforementioned two.

I hate being interrupted so when my parents say 'dinner is ready!' as hungry as I may be I don't want to lose my train of thought and wait god knows how long til I'll be able to tap into that concentrated state again.

Procrastination is definitely a skill otherwise reinforcing dread is all it does!

Basically I put things off:
A.) Until I become inspired to do them.
B.) If I don't do them, I die/become homeless/unable to support myself.
I wish I were not so..

i was a big procrastinator in Homework.....don't do it....it'll only stress you out more the longer you let it hang over your head.
i actually found that a planner is VERY helpful
i got my GPA from 1.9 (failing basically) to
2.9 in two weeks.
so happy day lol
DON"T PROCRASTINATE
just get it done and over with, you feel better in the end if you did.
:p there's some of my advice

Last edited:
Putting things off is deffinitley my talent :m131:. In fact why do you think I'm here now? Like I'd ever have my work done :m186:.

I used to be more before, like 2 weeks ago, especially with internal assesments for school. Although I feel that I have learned from the distress that came with leaving it. Furthermore when studying for my final exams, I CAN'T DELAY - I have to start preparing early.

Another clear one is: cleaning my room

I procrastinate like crazy (like, I should be preparing for a debate right now, but, no, I'm here). Generally, I procrastinate everything, but my specialty is in putting of english homework (like this debate). Its really bad, because I usually write REALLY slow for english papers. Its not like I'm a bad writer, its just I sincerely don't care what Conrad thought. He's dead now, his opinions don't matter any more. (I could go on a huge rant here, but its very off topic). I hate it, so I procrastinate it.

I procrastonate alot. The thing with me is though, I am golden once I get started. I get things done in a one big clip. The problem is getting started and getting into it. I wish someone had like a cattle prodder to poke to start things, LOL.

I sometimes procrastinate because I'm just not feeling my best and think the outcome would be better if I were to wait til later. Had some calls to make today I put off....bad business usually. However, something was bothering me and I really did not feel it the best time to talk to folk I did not know about something that was not on my mind. A friend came by and we talked while taking care of business and it felt good to talk to someone for awhile. When he left I still couldn't force myself to make the calls.
I will pick up a broken piece of glass or a nail without procrastinating in a heartbeat. Why? I have walked past things and something "told" me to pick them up and I didn't. You guessed it: someone came along and cut their foot or something stuck into a puppy's foot or whatever. I have learned to act quickly on those things.
Picking up things and putting them in their respective places will be done according to the mood I'm in.
Talking to someone for a friend's sake is something I like to wait for the right time to do, or for the right opportunity, knowing the outcome will be best that way.
Calling a sick friend must be done when the feeling arises.
Guess to sum it up, it depends on what it is. Sometimes procrastinating leads to a much-needed challenge.