Ti described . . .

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Ti described - Introverted Thinking

According to Cognitive Processes.com:
  1. Introverted Thinking often involves finding just the right word to clearly express an idea concisely, crisply, and to the point.
  2. Using introverted Thinking is like having an internal sense of the essential qualities of something, noticing the fine distinctions that make it what it is and then naming it.
  3. It also involves an internal reasoning process of deriving subcategories of classes and sub-principles of general principles.
    • These can then be used in problem solving, analysis, and refining of a product or an idea.
    • This process is evidenced in behaviors like taking things or ideas apart to figure out how they work. (deconstruct)
  4. The analysis involves looking at different sides of an issue and seeing where there is inconsistency.
    1. In so doing, we search for a

Last edited:
Ti is like a computer.

It's works like a system; it has the memory, hard drive, RAM, motherboard, keyboard, screen, USB ports, battery etc. They're all part and interconnected within a system.

Depending what other function is playing tag-team with it; it can go many ways.

Personally, I like my Ne & Ti because my computer is always getting the latest upgrades. :)

1. Introverted Thinking is the process of analyzing things and testing them against principles. It looks for inconsistency in models and is concerned with precision.
  2. Introverted thinking is contemplative, involving an inner play of ideas.
    • It is thinking for its own sake and is always directed inward to subjective ideas and personal convictions rather than outward to practical outcomes.
  3. The main concern of such thinking is to elaborate as fully as possible all the ramifications and implications of a seminal idea.
    • As a consequence, introverted thinking can be complex, turgid and overly scrupulous.
  4. To the extent that it withdraws from objective reality, it may also become totally abstract, symbolic or mystical.
  5. The introverted thinking type tends to be impractical and indifferent to objective concerns.
    • These persons usually avoid notice and may seem cold, arrogant and taciturn.
    • Alternatively, the repressed feeling function may express itself in displays of childish naivety.
  6. Generally people of this type appear caught up in their own ideas which they aim to think through as fully and deeply as possible.
    • If extreme or neurotic they can become rigid, withdrawn, surly or brusque.
  7. They may also confuse their subjectively apprehended truth with their own personality so that any criticism of their ideas is seen as a personal attack.
    • This may lead to bitterness or to vicious counterattacks against their critics.
http://psychology.wikia.com/wiki/Myers-Briggs_Type_Indicator

Last edited:
According to Cognitive Processes.com:
  1. Introverted Thinking often involves finding just the right word to clearly express an idea concisely, crisply, and to the point.
  2. Using introverted Thinking is like having an internal sense of the essential qualities of something, noticing the fine distinctions that make it what it is and then naming it.
  3. It also involves an internal reasoning process of deriving subcategories of classes and sub-principles of general principles.
    • These can then be used in problem solving, analysis, and refining of a product or an idea.
    • This process is evidenced in behaviors like taking things or ideas apart to figure out how they work. (deconstruct)
  4. The analysis involves looking at different sides of an issue and seeing where there is inconsistency.
    1. In so doing, we search for a

People with Ti as their dominant function (e.g., INTP's) are not automatons (automata?), we're not computers, although many of us are naturally good at programming and computer science (and math, physics, engineering, etc.). Believe it or not, there is an "F" part of Ti, inconsistent as that may seem. People with dominant Ti do it because it feels right and good. It's resonant with our being. It also largely explains our limitations and faults. So, I say to Ti dominants, "Work on your Fe!"
That computer thing wasn't meant to be taken literally. :wink:

I can throw a different analogy though; like car (engine, tires, suspension, seats etc.) like a bone structure (head, ribs, legs etc.) Ti is basically systematic, categorical, and structural. They're [components of anykind] all part of something; a system. If something happens to be wrong Ti will zero in on it, because it has a very systematic way of looking at things.

Now whether that part is backed up Ne, or side-kicked with Fe, or whatever else out there will make the difference of how it's used.

In the end, Ti is just Ti, I have a friend who is super Ti, and he has a hard time understanding "feelings," but yeah, +1 for self-improvement obviously.

P.S. I said system so many times that I feel like this guy:

_images_architect.jpg

:)

That computer thing wasn't meant to be taken literally.

Okay. Sorry...I'm overly sensitive about my Ti and various comments that have been made to me over the years. (e.g., "Earth to Norton!")

I can throw a different analogy though; like car (engine, tires, suspension, seats etc.) like a bone structure (head, ribs, legs etc.) Ti is basically systematic, categorical, and structural. They're [components of anykind] all part of something; a system. If something happens to be wrong Ti will zero in on it, because it has a very systematic way of looking at things.

this is a good way to describe it. Ti tries to break things down to their main components, twisting them around and looking at them from all angles. the purpose is to understand them fully, so you can reconstruct them into something better. it's a very "design" mentality.

I love the interaction I have between Ti and Ne, an INTP's two strongest functions. Put simplistically, I get ideas with Ne and use Ti to refine them, build them up, or break them down. Ne is like a machine connected to the outside that collects stuff and passes it on to my Ti "black box," which processes the stuff into something either worth keeping or discarding. Ne finds the problem and Ti solves it.

I love the interaction I have between Ti and Ne, an INTP's two strongest functions. Put simplistically, I get ideas with Ne and use Ti to refine them, build them up, or break them down. Ne is like a machine connected to the outside that collects stuff and passes it on to my Ti "black box," which processes the stuff into something either worth keeping or discarding. Ne finds the problem and Ti solves it.

Yep. I agree with this.

Ti is like a computer.

It's works like a system; it has the memory, hard drive, RAM, motherboard, keyboard, screen, USB ports, battery etc. They're all part and interconnected within a system.

Depending what other function is playing tag-team with it; it can go many ways.

Personally, I like my Ne & Ti because my computer is always getting the latest upgrades. :)
No, computers are not capable of the deeper philosophical thought of Ti. They can only do calculations though following a prescribed process, which is very Te. Computers are also devoid of intuition. They rely mostly on stored data, analogous to Si, and a little real time data streams of Se.

I like Ti because Ti is more aware of the exception, whereas Te is more general and inclined to stomp right over exceptions in the name of efficiency. Ti is generally slower but more accurate.

I love the pendantic/specific nature of Ti.

Hey Norton,

Don't worry, most of us have pretty strong Ti models (that's why we are here) and so we knwo what you mean. Ti actually ties strongly into a kind of introverted S sense (but not classic Si) in it's aesthetic. Ti is a beautiful thing, mathematicians are not just being romantic when they describe it this way.

Ti is mental masturbation.

I wish I could describe it as nicely as Norton did, but I see it as rather crude. At times it can make it difficult to separate subjective views from personal identity. At that point, it can seem like a personal attack when someone else simply possesses a different point of view. And it isn't like Ti doesn't allow a person to understand both points of view. What happens is that the point of view that has the most rational or evidence to support it is the one that is accepted. It becomes an insult if someone holds a point of view that is not as well thought out or supported by evidence.