thoughts on INFJ aggression | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

thoughts on INFJ aggression

Yeah but do you see what i'm saying and do you agree with it?

I can agree that it's singling out INFJs yes.

However the language is still true. The problem with it was that it's not only INFJs that do it.

Reactions: muir
I can agree that it's singling out INFJs yes.

However the language is still true. The problem with it was that it's not only INFJs that do it.

Ok can you see that just for suggesting that it was singling out INFJ's i got a thumbs down from an ISTJ and i got called indirectly 'irrational' by an INFP?

I absolutely agree!

So INFJ's are 1% of the population. But there are 16 types. If you split 100 by 16 this would give each type a 6.25% share but the types are not divided like that. INFJ's make up only 1% so in your opinion is this more or less likely to make them marginalised by lager MBTI groups?

I think anyone in the minority can be marginalized. The more of a minority one is, the larger the oppression from a group. This could be a good thing if the minority have ideas that would greatly harm the majority, but otherwise it is an uphill battle if you have great ideas and no one seems to take them seriously or even give them consideration.

Ok can you see that just for suggesting that it was singling out INFJ's i got a thumbs down from an ISTJ and i got called indirectly 'irrational' by an INFP?

Yes I saw that and I understand it was a problem. I don't agree with what happened there but rather than get involved on one side or another I just put out a neutral position which I find to be true.

I think anyone in the minority can be marginalized. The more of a minority one is, the larger the oppression from a group. This could be a good thing if the minority have ideas that would greatly harm the majority, but otherwise it is an uphill battle if you have great ideas and no one seems to take them seriously or even give them consideration.

The groups that are damaging society are groups like wallstreet and the evidence shows that it is extroverted risk taking personality types who create the cultures there not INFJ's (according to a BBC programme that surveyed people in high powered jobs using personality type testing)

Perhaps what would be better is the kind of scenario you are talking about where EVERYONE is represented equally because then the risk taking of the more aggressive types could be softened by the more reflective types like the INFJ's

The strength of our species then being in diversity

So how do you make society safe for diversity?

Surely the answer is that when we see a minority being stamped down whether it is a gay person, a black person, an INFJ or whatever then we should all speak out against that?

Last edited:
Yes I saw that and I understand it was a problem. I don't agree with what happened there but rather than get involved on one side or another I just put out a neutral position which I find to be true.

What amazes me is the INFJ bashing that goes on on a forum set up for INFJ's.....as if all INFJ's on this site should ALL be demonised and punished for the bad experience of some poster who isn't even sure if the person they have clashed with is an INFJ or not

You don't get a sympathetic ear by insulting the people in the place you are visiting...you know? So you have to ask yourself why these people do it? Revenge against an entire type for something an individual has done to them?

Personally i'd quite like to hear the other persons perspective before i make any sort of judgement (because there are always 2 sides to every story) but we won't get that will we? We just hear non INFJ's on an INFJ forum bashing some supposed INFJ that none of us have ever even met

Is it revenge or jelousy or hatred towards a group they don't understand?

Last edited: