Thoughts on Diamonds? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Thoughts on Diamonds?

Bullshit scam perpetuated over decades to "prove your love" to your better half. A piece of rock can be sentimental, sure, just like anything else offered could be as well. It's the act of giving that is important, not the item itself.

Only those inundated by culture will uphold the need or "want" for such an overpriced thing. Why? Because society tells you that THIS is what marriage looks like. PROVE yourself to her... and spend thousands doing so. I could never be with a woman who expects such a thing. I'd rather create something for her, a piece of art, something genuine, and not bought, which to me would feel like a cop out. The act of spending so much money on a piece of rock that sits around the finger is absolutely insane.

And this is why society is sick. Young women want a "sugar daddy" to buy them nice things, and to pay for their trips to Europe.

Last edited:
Reactions: dudemanbro
Even though I said I didn't care about a stone at all, I could do with just a band which was true and how I felt - he surprised me with a beautiful, big sparkly, clear, gorgeous freakin rock. It was so beautiful. There was no way I wasn't going to wear it. I didn't even expect to love it so much. I'd walk into a room and the light would bounce off of it like it had it's own light.

A good quality diamond can be very beautiful.

Ultra couch is pretty cool too though, but with kids I do not recommend putting a lot of money into furniture!!!11:rage: Or anything else for that matter. :rage: Can't have nice things:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

I wouldn't consider myself conventional and if I were to get married I wouldn't want to do it the traditional expensive way - I'd rather have the honeymoon instead. A diamond ring would not be essential to me - or high on my list of priorities, mainly because of the expense. I'd probably still love to have one though.

Last edited:
Yeah I sold out, or rather bought in? Anyway should be picking it up today. The tradition may be vapid, but I feel like it's more about getting something she really wants and, on my end, beyond her expectations. If it was some other completely ridiculous item, I'd approach it the same way. Make no mistake, I totally agree with most of the analysis and points raised as to why not, but we do love each other and because of that I'm not going to be like "No cuz it doesn't make sense for you to want that."

we do love each other and because of that I'm not going to be like "No cuz it doesn't make sense for you to want that."

Yes, ^. It's symbolic, and it's nice to have a beautiful thing like that as well.

Last edited:
Buy her a vacuum for every day of the week and name them Monday, Tuesday.....
:m131:

Buy her a vacuum for every day of the week and name them Monday, Tuesday.....
:m131:

Police responded to reports from several neighboring tenants of a foul odor emanating from the apartment. No response was received after several attempts to contact the tenant. Officers gained entry by breaching the door with a battering ram. Inside an adult male victim was found to be deceased. The body was in an advanced state of decay, suggesting that the time of death had been several weeks earlier. Officers observed that the victim had what appeared to be a vacuum cleaner lodged in his rectum. The county coroner's office determined the cause of death to be internal bleeding caused by severe internal trauma. Sources indicate that the victim was last seen on the 2nd of June, laughing and muttering to himself as he carried several vacuum cleaners into his apartment, appearing to address them by name and periodically murmuring that a significant other was "gonna love this".

I think the time spent on researching the purchase and thought into the details is where love shows. Really finding what's perfect for her. When my husband proposed, I got compliments on my engagement ring all the time. It's a .5 carat princess cut colorless diamond. We've been married for 11 years this year and I've have many rings since. I purchased a rather inexpensive wedding band that never did the engagement ring justice, then we purchased a wedding set that has 1.5 carat total weight but I couldn't wear my engagement ring with that, then we had my daughter and for Christmas he purchased me a white gold emerald pave band as a Mothers ring to symbolize her birth stone and by far that ring along with my engagement ring is my favorite pairing. I feel the thought behind each of those rings make them that much more special.

I will say, diamonds aren't always the right stone. Find out what she likes. I can make a suggestion though - Heidi Gibson rings are beyond gorgeous and could stand alone if neither of you want to do the whole engagement ring plus a wedding band. She also offers a variety of stone options. Moissanite, sapphire, diamond and one of my favorites, pink morganite. Good luck and hope you both have a wonderful marital journey!

Reactions: Asa and Littlelissa
Just saw you purchased a beautiful ring already! Congrats!

Reactions: Asa
I think the time spent on researching the purchase and thought into the details is where love shows. Really finding what's perfect for her. When my husband proposed, I got compliments on my engagement ring all the time. It's a .5 carat princess cut colorless diamond. We've been married for 11 years this year and I've have many rings since. I purchased a rather inexpensive wedding band that never did the engagement ring justice, then we purchased a wedding set that has 1.5 carat total weight but I couldn't wear my engagement ring with that, then we had my daughter and for Christmas he purchased me a white gold emerald pave band as a Mothers ring to symbolize her birth stone and by far that ring along with my engagement ring is my favorite pairing. I feel the thought behind each of those rings make them that much more special.

I will say, diamonds aren't always the right stone. Find out what she likes. I can make a suggestion though - Heidi Gibson rings are beyond gorgeous and could stand alone if neither of you want to do the whole engagement ring plus a wedding band. She also offers a variety of stone options. Moissanite, sapphire, diamond and one of my favorites, pink morganite. Good luck and hope you both have a wonderful marital journey!

Just saw you purchased a beautiful ring already! Congrats!

No worries and by all means I appreciate the insight! I also love the idea of gifts that have particular significance like the birth stone ring.

Reactions: INFJ16 and Asa
Bullshit scam perpetuated over decades to "prove your love" to your better half. A piece of rock can be sentimental, sure, just like anything else offered could be as well. It's the act of giving that is important, not the item itself.

Only those inundated by culture will uphold the need or "want" for such an overpriced thing. Why? Because society tells you that THIS is what marriage looks like. PROVE yourself to her... and spend thousands doing so. I could never be with a woman who expects such a thing. I'd rather create something for her, a piece of art, something genuine, and not bought, which to me would feel like a cop out. The act of spending so much money on a piece of rock that sits around the finger is absolutely insane.

And this is why society is sick. Young women want a "sugar daddy" to buy them nice things, and to pay for their trips to Europe.
Make her a ring made of twigs and fireflies. That will surely win her over!

I don't like classic engagement rings and think they look tacky. If I were to purchase myself a ring here are a few examples. Also I'd never spend over $2500.

A5XI08z.jpg

NClBoVA.jpg

72xA67T.jpg

KkDrrXj.jpg

Reactions: Littlelissa
Make her a ring made of twigs and fireflies. That will surely win her over!

I don't like classic engagement rings and think they look tacky. If I were to purchase myself a ring here are a few examples. Also I'd never spend over $2500.

A5XI08z.jpg

NClBoVA.jpg

72xA67T.jpg

KkDrrXj.jpg
Whoa, I really like the first and last rings. I wish I could see how they were crafted. What site are they at?

Well even though you gave in you made a good choice.

Lol, yeah. Well, she wears it whenever she's not asleep, so I think that's a good sign!

Reactions: Sloe Djinn
skin diamond is my fav.