Thoughts From A Tired Soul | Page 29 | INFJ Forum

Thoughts From A Tired Soul

I love the pic, you really got into it :) and that is one very, very TALL hat. :tearsofjoy:

I think we could hear the laughter from here.

Happy Independence Day!

giphy.gif

This is hilarious! Happy independence day to you too ♡

This is too much fun ... no it's not, but it surely does cause me to be happy :)

Me on the buckboard ... it's about 20 hands high or 8 feetish they tell me.
I don't know but I was exactly having fun!

FB_IMG_1656985416580.jpg
:p
Some one suggested tonight that we all should go as a parody of members of the new Space branch of the military since we are Legion........*puts thinning thinking cap on to sketch ideas for next July 4th.

This is too much fun ... no it's not, but it surely does cause me to be happy :)

Me on the buckboard ... it's about 20 hands high or 8 feetish they tell me.
I don't know but I was exactly having fun!

View attachment 88697
Some one suggested tonight that we all should go as a parody of members of the new Space branch of the military since we are Legion........*puts thinning thinking cap on to sketch ideas for next July 4th.
That could be fun!
The "new" Space Force is akin to the Navy/Marines situation... it's existed for a long time now, labeled as USAF, but a politician needed to put their brand on something. I know a number of air force personnel who are now Spacey :tearsofjoy:. Same job, same office, just new stationary and a logo that mocks Star Trek.

upload_2022-7-5_14-13-11.png
Maybe use this to your advantage costume-wise (pointy ears?)

Last edited:
(pointy ears?)
:tearsofjoy: yes! They have those at party city! lol
I know a number of air force personnel who are now Spacey :tearsofjoy:.
This is so awesome, thank you for the tips @MoonFlier , hehehe pun intended.

I was thinking cyborg/AI type movie character outfits, lol
After watching this the other day, maybe stick with humans, :phttps://youtu.be/bggUmgeMCdc
I sew so it wouldn't be too difficult to create a suit and patch. The trouble is fitting it into the Parade Theme. Like this year, the theme was Professions so we were the oldest profession.

c r a p o l a

Next year's parade theme is board games...all the good ones are taken except Othello :p Some one said no already because they said it's racist.
W T F ?

Rant: Those simple minded corn suckin hay seeds! Do they not know that the game of Othello is just advanced checkers? So the fuk what if one side is black and the other white? I suppose Hi-Ho Cherrie-O is masochistic and sexually abusive content? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

By golly people getting too peoplely for me.

On a happy note...the new helper for Dad is starting a T & F 10-3 standard shift with my other thrown in dates. She can even do overnights :D

On a sad note I took Dad to the docs today...

I'm sorry you had a rough trip to the docs with your Dad. We mimicked you only one day earlier with mom taking another tumble.

All the good board games are taken? What? Wow! How many groups are involved here?
How about: Clue, Scrabble, Chutes and Ladders, Candy Land, Monopoly, Trouble, Sorry!, Life, Perfection, Risk, Operation?

I'm partial to Clue and Risk, but Sorry! could be a ton of fun as would be Chutes and Ladders so long as you don't hurt yourselves.

Last edited:
Jumanji ?
:m015:
that one isn't taken yet :D
I'm thinking Ants In The Pants would be a killer idea that nobody has yet. ;)
The judges will go more for early board games for the win. Since many of us can't walk the almost 2 mile jaunt, we'll have to rig the wagon to reflect the game.

:m015:
that one isn't taken yet :D
I'm thinking Ants In The Pants would be a killer idea that nobody has yet. ;)
The judges will go more for early board games for the win. Since many of us can't walk the almost 2 mile jaunt, we'll have to rig the wagon to reflect the game.
Lol sounds good. Kingmaker sounds good for costumes and context too. I don’t know if it’s still known but it used to be popular before such games moved onto digital.

Feet up and chillin'.

It was a busy day yesterday.

20220709_125614.jpg
We went to the lil beach for a family picnic. To use the restrooms there one has to travel all the way back by the entrance. While I was there, I snapped a picture of all of us under the trees in the distance. We were 68 bodies strong by the dinner bell, :tearsofjoy:

I peeled and made 10# of potatoes for salad and after adding peppers, onions, celery, relish, and mustard aioli...I bet I had 30# of salad in two pans. Good thing, because there were a lot of hungry folks at that picnic.

Then I ran into the Price Chopper on the way looking for desserts and I hit it just right. They had a 24 sheet of cupcakes and the gal was working up a second tray so while I zigged through the store to grab some other stuff, the baker finished up the cuppity-cakes. :D That was a coup. Adding in 2 trays of half moon cookies and a fruit platter not a one went without a sweet treat ... everyone else brought brownies lol

Well again I was derailed while typing this. Just got off the phone for the second time today with my neice. My sister was taken to the hospital early this morning. She has an infection in that monster of a bedsore. They're trying to save her leg but it's not looking good. The gangrene is back with lack of blood flow and the skin is getting necrotic. They suspect MERSA. If the infection traveled up the bone where her leg was amputated they're going to have to take the whole thing off to the pelvis and if it's in that bone they will have to take it too.

She's scheduled for a head to toe scan in the morning and they want to do a slice MRI on her brain to see if the infection has spread to there. :flushed:

She was tested and she now has what is called a stiff heart muscle ... we won't recap my sarcastic comments about that other than to say who-tf would go through open heart surgery, basically getting a whole new heart rebuilt, then choose to lay around until there is little hope of recovering from the body breaking down in decay ... ?!?

Someone who has drown in their darkness and given up. However, if my 2-cent weigh in is correct, my sister is a pain medication addict. We'll skip that attention whore aspect of the medical staff catering to her. I sincerely told my neice I think it's the pain medication and the fact it puts her to sleep and she doesn't have to deal with real life problems. The docs have her tied down again because she keeps trying to scoot out of bed only to fall. Now she's all bruised up from getting tangled in the bedrail.

... it may well be that it's a true psychotic break with the dementia the neropsyche doc diagnosed her with. She did great in the hospital on the serequel and antipsychotics but they had to drop the dose after it was interfering with the electro-cardio rhythm of her heart. Now she's acting up again.

Who knows really. Now she's back in the hospital in the wound care ward doped up on pain meds until tomorrow's tests get run. She's probably having sweet dreams while the rest of us are wringing our hands.

Imma have a cupcake and a dollop of ice cream and not worry about it tonight.

giphy.gif

Miss Maggie giving Aunt Sandie a hi-five on the phone, :tearsofjoy:

Dirty toes and unkempt toenails, but I love her...she's a good pupper ❤679187631.jpg
:m015::m032::m055:
it's the little moments that keep me together

What a treat!
My neice is working on photo reconstructions for Dad's memory album.

The picture is my mom at her 19th birthday party, roughly 1961, (she's sitting on Dad's lap, lol). Looking close at those eyes, which were electric blue, I'm certain she was an INFJ too ♡ And, perhaps it's where I get my cuteness from... she was a peroxide blonde back then not gray yho :p

Beautiful and I miss her ❤ :sleepy:
IMG_9904.jpg

Your mom is so sweet!

It would be so cool to start a thread with images of our parents, grandparents, etc. I know digging through the treasure chest of pics my dad had hidden I finally found out what my great grandpa looked like.

What program did you use to restore the color?

Your mom is so sweet!

It would be so cool to start a thread with images of our parents, grandparents, etc. I know digging through the treasure chest of pics my dad had hidden I finally found out what my great grandpa looked like.

What program did you use to restore the color?
I'll ask my neice, she's doing the restorations.

Thanks! I used Lightroom before under a trial but could not afford it after the trial was up. I see it's free now.
She says Remini and PhotoAI too.

I don't have a clue, she generally does all that for me. @John K cleared up a couple for me a while back, perhaps he could weigh in on what he uses too. :D