Thoughts From A Tired Soul | Page 31 | INFJ Forum

Thoughts From A Tired Soul

Waiting on the cable guy.

:tearsofjoy:Hoping he's a bit more helpful than the lawnmower man.

Yesterday was the temperature of the bottom of Hell I believe. Temps in the 90's with à heat index of 118. I'm not equipped for that and the next 3 weeks are going to be similar. Yikes!

The excavation crew moved in a pile of buckets, a skidsteer, and a mini excavator yesterday and parked it behind my garage. Little prep work starting about 7am tomorrow. Big #2 rock pile, 5 ton, getting dumped in my driveway on Saturday and the big job digging the trenches for the drainage starts at daybreak, about 5:30 am, on Monday.

This is going to be fun to watch!

Woodcutter is stopping in tonight to sign-off on the estimate to get all the trees down.

@MoonFlier , here's the picture we discussed :disappointed: It's a shame that big maple in the center has to go. The roots are undermined and it's barely hanging on. The dozer will bury all the stumps once their down.
20220721_070739.jpg as the picture shows some are worse than the big leaning maple

Hard to believe how many changes occur over the years.

One plus, the woodcutter will take all the woid, limbs, and vacuumed chips with them. My sister is giving me slack over not piling up the wood out near the road and selling it. She just doesn't get that I'm large and in charge, not her, lol.

A note on the mean sister...well often we can't help someone who won/can't help themselves. </3

Thank you for that image! Love it.
It's a shame that your tree needs to come down, I know the pain of loosing our trees first hand, but in your case at least it is needed. Remember, trees grow like weeds. :) Find an offspring near it and replant it in a good spot.

I didn't realize you have so much land. Beautiful! It makes the lots we have around here look like parking spaces.

I didn't realize you have so much land.
You're welcome ;) I'm sad, but they are a dangerous hazard as is..
We have 3.85 acres here...I mow 3 acres ;P 89.5 feet of it is flood plane, that makes the creek maintenance doubly hard.

Find an offspring near it and replant it in a good spot.
Great idea! The local soil and water offered up to 100 mixed free saplings to plant back there as an attempt to avoid future erosion. They will plant, rag, and collar them free too. He told me I could have all the seedlings I'd like.

I'm thinking very seriously of making that haven I dreamed about, and after Dad is gone, making the house a B & B :relaxed: :D it wouldn't take much investment money at all.

@MoonFlier
older pictures, but this is home ;)

View from front yard...
FB_IMG_1658435915472.jpg
View from pines to pines. (All that is grass I mow now, lol. It takes about 2 1/2 hours to mow with adding a day or two with the brushhog and string trimmer. With the free trees, I'm thinking to cut the mowing down to 3/4 acre around the house.)
FB_IMG_1658436756283.jpg

So I group texted all the kids to let them know Grandpa's pool was done and open for swim.

Explained to all to respect the little beach front and not to argue over who gets in the water first ....

20220726_142750.jpg
This is going to look awesome once the rock goes in.
The kids thought I'd lost my mind and had better stay out of the sun tomorrow :tearsofjoy:

All this earth moving has changed the very atmosphere of the house. It's refreshing. The TV broke and I went and bought an LG with mag lighting but can't get it hooked up to the cable wire. I called in a service call and was on the phone changing yet another doctor appointment for me and missed the call.

WTF. I call back and the automated response was wait for my service call. :wink: uh huh. P.I.T.A. lol.

Doing this yard project has us getting all sort of attention I really don't want. The neighbor lady came over last night and I walked her through the whole project. She's 83, and walked that yard better than me lol.

She and her former husband owned the property before building their house across the street. She's reminiscing. ♡
I noticed last night that she is struggling more and more to get her thoughts spoken. I tell her not to hurry and it will come to her.

I'm fascinated by the facial expressions our elders make when they get embarrassed or frustrated at things that came to them so easily in their youth.

giphy.gif

It's off to get some things done before the work crew shows up for the day. :D and once they do I'll be running around the yard all day again today.

Whew, thank goodness I picked up my new AFO on Monday because I needed it today as I was on my feet most of it.

It's awesome though. Made of copper aloy steel. It has a little bounce in it ... and drum roll please ... I can jog in it! I can't run, but jogging is much better than tripping over my own toes. No cane. With this doowhoppy I can navigate quite well with no cane.

Today was awesome watching the work crew. I tagged all the kiddos and told them Gramps pool was closed, lol.
They think I'm nuts. No I told the it's fun for me.
20220727_131215.jpg Dad says "Nice sidewalk" lol. He tired himself out watching the guys work.
We had a 3rd dump truck load of stone delivered this evening...that makes 30 ton. That's a lot of stone.
Tomorrow is more pipe run and thank goodness we'll have a thunder storm in the afternoon so we can test the French drain out!
20220724_180135.jpg
My sister and I had a girls afternoon. She covered my Grey's with French Eclair, dark ash brown with highlights. Evidently it was her first time with highlighting, :tearsofjoy: I asked for stripes. Now I need a toner, lol. Anyhoo, it was fun to do.

Tomorrow we go get Dad's new specs. But not until after the cable guy finally gets here. Geeish, I haven't seen the morning news since Saturday! I have to say I don't miss it...the evening news either. lol.

It's odd how having something to look forward to really changes one's outlook. :D

Well whether your hair turned out as you wanted it or not, you look great @Sandie33 .

I hope you are surviving all the work and upheaval around you. Sounds like you are enjoying it despite the hassle.

thanks @John K it's only hair, lol:D
I hope you are surviving all the work and upheaval around you. Sounds like you are enjoying it despite the hassle.
I am moving every which-a-way trying to keep up. The woodcutter dropped off his skidsteer today and begins the tree removal on Monday.

We had another 10-ton of stone dropped off today so the excavator can finish up the drainage system. Dad and I walked this twice today ... he told the guys again that they built a nice sidewalk lol.

The trench is about 18-24 inches deep...all rock...he was going down 8 inches in the original plan. Today's 10 ton rock dump totals us to 40 ton :flushed: however, the fella doing the work has known Dad since he was a young boy. His oldest brother is helping him...I'm beginning to think we are paying for materials and he's paying labor :cool: I've made them coffee snack cake and sponsored Little Debbie and coffee, and tomorrow I'm sending home Yankee pot roast with them at quitting time. They don't know that yet though, lol.

It's a 3-phase project and tomorrow will complete phase 1. Next the woodcutter will be taking out all the dead and undermined trees as well as the under brush. This will be ran through a huge chipper and trucked off. I'll be getting a large pile left behind so I can dress my flowerbeds with it.

Phase 2 is fixing the creek so the flood damage is minimal for a few years. After that is all graded we'll be getting 50 ton of screened top soil spread around and seeded with grass, and wildflower seed too in places. We're all about honey bees, so therefore the plantings will be for them primarily. The wildlife hasn't been disrupted much. I think they know some how that I'm building Hundred Acres Wood in a 4 acre plot, lol.

We saw a momma bear and three cubs moving through on Sunday, so maybe others will stay. I haven't seen my fox since the digging started though.

We just found a huge patch of Joe Pie weed mixed with mint and echinacia that grew from the pulls my sister accidentally tore up last fall. I can relocate much of it. However, the best finds we're the Service Berry trees that have grown from the seeds I've tossed out there two years ago. Yipee! I can relocate those as well throughout the yard. They will grow to 20-feet and fruit a little blue berry that resembles actual blueberries. I prefer them too.

When I told my fairy garden retreat plans to the excavator fella, the rock path was extended from the cut off all the way to the creek! Thus, the additional stone.
This is the drains beginning at the front of my home...
20220728_174429.jpg
Then it travels down the slope around the house...
20220728_174527.jpg
Then all the way to the creek, after filling in papa's swimming pool, lol. He's happy there won't be any more water in that garage door...
20220727_131215.jpg
and, like I said to the creek...
20220728_173723.jpg
Tomorrow's work will fill and level the remainder. Then after the woodcutter is done the excavator will be back with a dozer and the big excavator and the creek fixed...
20220728_173702.jpg
The finalized plan is to seed and plant it all. My taxes will double they said, blah
However, it will suit well for Dad and I may turn it into a B&B and get much of my money back. :p

Dad loves the idea of his home becoming a place of rest and retreat that he gave me the go ahead to continue my plan to keep going with putting in solar panels and wiring the garage for a 'studio'. He will have a space to putter while I have a space to produce...a dream come true for me! However, one day at a time.

I took Dad out to the Diner for a burger and some AC. This is the first time I've seen his smile touch his eyes in a very very long time.
This is him smiling. The Parkinson’s affects one's ability to smile. Trust me, this is him happily waitingfor his cheese burger, :p
Dad at Spencer Diner.jpg

So yes, I'm hanging in there, but it's more fun than a drag :D

It worked!
20220729_161643.jpg
That big trickle coming out of the pipe is coming from our basement. Well, under the basement, lol.

All this ... to cure that. ♡
20220729_161720.jpg
Next Phase is the creek ... next week.

Your dad's expressions are great.
That's a beautiful sidewalk. ;)

My dad attempted to do this to his house up north here, dug it out and filled it with gravel by hand. Probably didn't go deep enough. Also, after about 40 years it's filled in with dirt from decaying leaves, so pretty useless. You did it right and got professionals to do it.

How'd that pot roast come out?

Your dad's expressions are great.
That's a beautiful sidewalk. ;)

My dad attempted to do this to his house up north here, dug it out and filled it with gravel by hand. Probably didn't go deep enough. Also, after about 40 years it's filled in with dirt from decaying leaves, so pretty useless. You did it right and got professionals to do it.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Plan here is to take a walk through with the leaf blower after each mow and in the fall to keep the rock path clear. The fellas that put the rock in have it dug down 18 inches, with more in places. No vegetation should grow in it, however, the grass could grow side to side. This is where vinegar comes in handy...the vinegar will keep the edges free. Using a hand sprayer and walking the path should do. We were told no salt, because the salt can break down the adhesive that holds the pipe together.

Next week when they start bull dozing. darn, lol

Whew, an enjoyable, albeit, quiet Sunday afternoon.

I finally get a stab at lounging about and reading my book with some raspberry tea and a dash of almond milk.

Life is quiet with Dad too. He is wandering from window to window looking at his new yard.

I tickled a few minutes in pissy zone and dispensed it. People's cynicism is cruel..."Nice retirement hospital Sandie." ...fok u.

giphy.gif

Compare Contrast

I'll not understand people. I've spent much of my adulthood enjoying my ability to read people, understand their motives using my terms, and encouraging their possibilities descretly because they often do not see them.

Done.

Done using my energy and resources to motivate others to seek and reach their true potential.

Lie.

I'm not done being me.

I've no interest in comparing myself with others. I'll not use contrasting behaviors to get along with others either.

I'm me, a work in progress. My focus will continue to be my growth and progression. It makes me happy.

I love the lil bastards that keep telling me I'm a self involved narcissist. Just told one that though I don't have to explain myself to a living soul ... if they even knew half of what I've struggled with in this life they'd hit the floor in the fetal position and cry. Don't label me a monster of which if y'all ever battled wouldn't use the title narcissist so loosely...

I'm a strong, wise, and compassionate soul.

Not only did I survive the travesty in my life, but I have groomed the grace to remain humble in light of it all. I don't get cynical and rabid until I have to roll my sleeves up and get in the mud and muck of their playing field. It's one of those dirty jobs that I detest about human kind...that 'misery loves company'. The mindset of 'I'm feeling terrible so I'm going to drag you down to make myself feel better".

Naw sis, or bro, or whatever you call yer selfishness these days...y'all weren't there with me when I rose above all those trials into my own saving grace.

The Angels, and Demons that walked my path with me during those times are probably still clapping at my success.

I'm happy. Somewhere in my Blogging For Exercise notes I explained abd complained about those around me peeling at my happy, posting it on themselves and whining when it dried up and blew away on them.

One simply cannot steal another's happy and expect it to continue to grow without watering it.

We are all happy here at home at the moment. Dad is smiling and physically digging in to help out. He is loving his new environment. His depressive mood has been injected with happy energy and it looks good on him. :D That's important to me and breathes new life into my own happy.

The stress level for me has sunk so low I'm singing and dancing around the house and yard again. I have company too! I had the excavation crew, Dad's helper, and the neighbor lady all smiling and dancing around the yard with me.

Dad turned to me on Saturday with a big smile and said life is good. He said I had a good idea, good job. :D So the lil bitches and their razor lipped comments can sit down and shut up.

Envy and jealousy are nasty habits to pick up...comparing oneself to another only disappoints. Having the mindset to be genuinely happy for your neighbor lights the spark to happy...feed IT and it grows into a flame no man can snuff out. ♡

That is fine they have their site on me. I've been fired on by one person lying and another swearing to it many times. And, each time their efforts blew up in the truth every time all the time.

giphy.gif

they about to get Pirated lol :p

@MoonFlier , My tree is down and chipped it was sad for a moment but its chips are going to a good home. :D
20220801_101352.jpg
They wouldn't let me zip line just once on the fell rope, lol

20220801_101424.jpg
mid flight down into the creek
20220801_101427.jpg
and its top landed on this side half way to the garage :flushed:
20220801_095441.jpg
this is the wash out...won't be long and it will fall into the creek bed :(

Anyhoot, it's a fun and busy day around the homestead today. :D

@MoonFlier , My tree is down and chipped it was sad for a moment but its chips are going to a good home. :D
View attachment 88990
They wouldn't let me zip line just once on the fell rope, lol

View attachment 88991
mid flight down into the creek
View attachment 88992
and its top landed on this side half way to the garage :flushed:
View attachment 88993
this is the wash out...won't be long and it will fall into the creek bed :(

Anyhoot, it's a fun and busy day around the homestead today. :D
Such a pretty tree. Forever remembered in pictures.
I would have been tempted to leave it as a bridge, but I suppose you don't need to tempt more of mother nature to your door, not ones with 5" claws at least. The sound of a wood chipper is a nightmare to me, literally. They done? More to go?

One of my favorite campgrounds was on the Mad River in New Hampshire. Always wanted to be camped up on the riverbank, until one year the riverbank came to us. I think it washed out the edge to about 5' away from the wheels on the 32' camper. I woke and looking out the window from my bed I was looking straight down at the rushing flood. EEk. My dad hooked up and moved that camper so fast he didn't even have time to raise the steps, we were all still inside... something that he never allowed.

Mother nature loves to landscape. We can only control so much.

What did your dad have to say about today's tree felling?

Last edited:
What did your dad have to say about today's tree felling?
He watched for about an hour after getting all cleaned up. We had a tolieting issue in the bed and a trail to the shower. So after meds and breakfast he sat and watched. Unfortunately he was a bit confused and many stories came about from his childhood.

tempted to leave it as a bridge
I was ;) The bank is so unsteady though it would not been safe.

They done?
Yes, the tree chippers are done.
20220801_144508.jpg
The bulldozer was dropped off this morning and he starts tomorrow morning.
The idea is to have it look similar to this pic from 2015
FB_IMG_1658435819437.jpg
This way when it floods it won't roll the bank.

The sound of a wood chipper is a nightmare to me, literally.
Yes, it was a bear listening to it all day. But the back up beeper are in my ears. I haven't been able to sleep well because I still hear it hours after they quit for the day. The chipper was a small one.
20220801_095424.jpg

More to go?
We have just the bulldozing in the creek. Then 50 ton of screened topsoil and a nice Kentucky blue & Canadian rye grasses to seed. I have 10 boxes of wildflower mix to seed around the creek and by our old shed.
ooph, I think that would have scared me too!

Today started out in catastrophe, then moved into some fun, but tragedy hit about 11 am. My girl from our fish fry crew called to tell me another girl from same crew died at home this morning. She and I talked about week and a half ago. She told me that the docs found cancer in her abdomen. This is my friend that had 2/3 rds of her lung removed in 2017 and 3 months later had to have her thyroid removed because it had precancerous nodes. They did a laproscopic exploratory last Monday and found it was all through her abdomen and around her large bowel and rectum. She lasted a week after finding out. There was sketchy rumors this morning about how she may have od'd because her daughter found her on the kitchen floor. I'm not sure the details, but my heart hurts.

I'm so exhausted from so many deaths just this year. I'll be ok...with time. When we have her celebration of life luncheon next week I'm making chocolate cake. It was her favorite ... she loved all cake, but my chocolate Texas sheet cake was her favorite. ♡

Bittersweet, I'm still trying to get through losing my friend last month.

The idea is to have it look similar to this pic from 2015
View attachment 88996
This way when it floods it won't roll the bank.

I can't wait to see the result. As is it looks like mother nature was building a luge.

My girl from our fish fry crew called to tell me another girl from same crew died at home this morning. She and I talked about week and a half ago.... my heart hurts.

... she loved all cake, but my chocolate Texas sheet cake was her favorite. ♡

Bittersweet, I'm still trying to get through losing my friend last month.

I'm so very sorry... :hug:
Chocolate cake is a wonderful endorphin producer. Make two.