Thoughts From A Tired Soul | Page 27 | INFJ Forum

Thoughts From A Tired Soul

Eye eye eye ... aye

I can be so optimistic it makes me appear stupid.

Neice: Mom being released July 1st.

Me: What !?! How is that happening?

Neice: Ma refused to do PT so she can get prosthetic, insurance refused to pay for prosthetic, room & board discontinued because Ma refused to try. Calling everyone lying bastards.

Me: well shit. Who says Ma being kicked out?

Neice: Ma

Me: She isn't coherent nor competent right now, on meds, check with home's care team as Ma is known to lie/fabricate perceptions lately. Be certain before reacting to Ma's degrading and blaming you for her choices.

Neice: Dog chewed holes in matress. No money to buy $1,200 matress for Ma to come home to. House is a disaster because dog chewed up everything and messed everywhere. I don't know where to start.

Me: Check Goodwill for new matress, or flip hers buy $50 memory foam, keep dog out of room; call MeriMaids to clean house, soft muzzle dog until she learns some manners, call County nurse to take care of Ma. What happened to the chain and swivel hooks system of keeping dog in her area of house?

Neice: Crying, I didn't hook her up.
I have only $14 until next pay day next week.

Me: What do you mean you only have $14. I just gave you $1,800 3 weeks ago to cover mortgage, truck, and house bills...and, you have been paid 3 times since I was there.
What do you mean you only have $14 left from just shy of $7,000 combined income for June? with June's bill money paid? and what do you mean you did not pay the truck insurance?

Neice: The bank took the money, and I was charged $36 per over draw.

Me: :rage: There was no reason for overdrawn fees because you had cash money to pay June's bills after I wired and transferred money to get you caught up for May. Your story sounds the same as the one I just rescued you from.
Bring bills and bank statements and let me see. Not sending/bringing you any money.

Neice: Well fuk you! You sound like Ma and accusing me of stealing it when I paid bills with it! (the money)

Me: If you paid the bills, you would not have over draw fees, nor would you need money for truck insurance.

What did you do with the money?

Neice: Crying, I didn't do anything with it. Maggie, the dog, ate the envelope that had the cash you gave me in it.

Me: :flushed: :rage: :unhappy: :tearsofjoy: :smilingimp: Well my dear, it appears you have just learned an expensive lesson in responsibility and stewardship of a home and money.

Neice: You're not going to help me are you?

Me: No. I am not going to help you this time.
Do Not Say Fuk You to Me ... especially not after I helped you right yourself.

check with home's care team
Forever the voice of reason ... and a foot in the behind, :p :tearsofjoy:

My neice was so angry at me she went and knocked on the admintator's desk after work because the lady wouldn't answer her phone calls. ...neice trying to prove me wrong, lol

My neice called me this morning to apologize to me. Awwww, how sweet. We discussed her emotional reactions and the pessimistic doom and gloom panic before checking facts reactions ... hello kiddo, Aunt San has been trying to lead you to a space of responding to life and not reacting to life. It's the very thing that separates adulthood from adolescence. :hushed: ;)

Her mother reacted to being told no she'll not be going home anytime soon with calling her daughter with a get the house ready I'm coming home July 1st because PT won't work with her because of her attitude. My sister knows all about shock value.

My neice panicked of course because she is experiencing the hyperviligence that comes from being boiled in rapid-fired traumatic events currently...my neice is still working through her mother having two cardiac arrests within three days of each other.
The neice is also denying/evading her mother's diagnosis of stage 1 vascular dementia with skitzoaffective disorder and depression...so in her attempts to rationalize with her mother the arguments, emotional abuse, and verbal lashings continue.

The administrator called the resident psychologist to join my niece's meeting. This is just the remedy my neice was looking for ... and, why I suggested she contact her mother's care team. After a lengthy discussion, it's determined my sister isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

With the tendon, bone, and muscle damage from that Stage 4 pressure sore she cannot be released unless there is someone home to clean and change the dressing four times a day.
Also, they're giving her an new PT to eliminate that perceived threat. She's been measured for a titanium prosthetic, but unless she gains some muscle strength that will be on hold. She's up 16 pounds in 'fluid' and said to say folks are crossing their fingers and toes she doesn't have another cardiac arrest ... her angry outbursts and Highchair Tyrant tantrums has been causing her heart to afib. The docs and care team say she's going to initiate her own demise if she doesn't calm down.

Her daughter, next of kin, and primary carer says so be it, she's tired. Papers were signed long before she was released from the hospital that if she has CA again they're calling it.

What a conundrum. Told the neice to check herself because that same attitude could land in her own lap. She understands, so she says, that if she ever says FU to me again I'm walking. </3 I have many patience, but we all know how easy it is to doorslam a person,, regardless of relation,, after a throat full of bullshit.

I currently have zero energy to argue over events that are not mine nor under my responsibility. Period.

A much better day today.

Dad is doing well after his procedure yesterday, however, he is in a funk today. No surprise after sleeping in until 2:18 pm...yep, I'm still writing down his actions like a mid-level manager looking to write a performance review.

It is difficult not to do this behavior tracking. It's my behind if he gets ill falls, wigs out, or whatever and with him not eating and taking meds on schedule we are headed straight to that outcome. I'm covering my ass tight as bark on a tree these days.

Every knife and letter opener in the house is hidden now. I'm waiting for the lock box to arrive so I can lock them up properly. I have no clue why all of a sudden he wants to play with knives...after the shotgun incident I ain't taking no chance with a knife or club.

Last night, just before wind down to bed he was threatening me with his 2x2 and demanding I find Sandie. That's rough on me when I'm standing in the same room as him and he can't recognize it is me. Stayed out of reach tho and hid the damn sticks after putting him to bed.

My younger sister witnessed it Thursday when Dad got up. He was quite rabid and demanded we again find Sandie. He calls me the boss to her when I manage to escape before he gets out of bed. I'm hoping he cures his ills because I won't be taxed like I was on Christmas Eve.

Since Monday I've had Wildlife Rescue, Department of Soil & Water, a home blood draw, food bank delivery, two days in a row of my younger sister here to watch Dad so I could get my hair cut and didn't get past fielding a dozen calls minimum per day, oh, and a tree surgeon here to assess how many trees have to come down.

I count six, he says 11 plus the little dead ones. Undermining from the storms and snow runoff has really damaged the creek bank. He could stand with arms up under a large maple. I'll be sad to see the other big maple go. As a young girl I climbed to the tippy top of that one. It must be over 50 years old because it was thick then. Now it's girth must be 4 or 5 feet thick now. Really it has to go. It's dangerous with hanging only by finger roots. Not to mention, it will make a big mess if it falls across the creek into the yard.

Today reached 86°. Tomorrow's prediction is in the low 90's. I was stuck today and could not get out for groceries. I'm on point to make a Mac salad and brookies for my friends funeral luncheon on Monday...not looking forward to running the oven lol. Fingers crossed Dad gets up early tomorrow and we can get out and back before the day heats up too much.

My younger sister called me last night right at tuck in time, grr...she had great news. She and her son are buying my dead uncle's property, which is 10 minutes away. A week ago she was moving over an hour away from us...one way.

I try very hard to understand her when she's on her meds, now that she's off them it's work just to understand her flip-flops in mindset. Wish she wouldn't do that.

I've been researching North Node placement. Since nodes are seldom direct because they represent intersection points on an axis of north-south latitudes and are symbolic of different polarities of consciousness...points of crossing, clashing, and gates opening and closing, moving backward, seemingly retrograde, Nodes are "shadows", and unlike planets and luminaries, cannot be "seen", rather they are simply mathematical points in an individual chart. In Hindu mythology they are Rahu and Ketu in a horoscope (same as a chart in Tropical or Palladis Astrology). Nodes are moving through each sign for 18 months but it takes 18 1/2 years for them to move through the entire zodiac.

My north node is in Taurus, south node in Scorpio. Taurus is the sign of ownership, self-worth, individual value and embodiment or form. On the other end of this axis, Scorpio, my South node placement, energy burns away at the self via tuning into the transformational truths...Scorpio is a sign which is tuned into the primordial powers and relationships that define us.

I'm grateful Scorpio governs my South node energies, because South node represents gifts and talents for the things that come easy to me. The current awakening of social injustices are the work of Scorpio (and Pluto, a generational planet). The proverbial snake in the garden of eden, here to deliver us all our truth, regardless how ugly, lol.

Taurus is contrary to all that Scorpio destruction and is the effigy of fertility and creationism. Taurus hounds with questions like how do I want to shape my identity, or my sense if value. It's a bull when it messes with my sense of self-worth, however, that is one of the lessons of my North Node Taurus placement. Finding the long kept scars and scores that are meant to come to the surface, analyzed, and the imbalances corrected. Sort of feels like a purgatory. :p

So to take my own sage advice of there is nothing standing in my way between me and the power that comes with knowing my worth and what my standards of emotional and physical integrity are I will continue to ...

CLEANSE, CONFRONT, AND CREATE

A note to self about life purpose...the Nodes hold keys to your destiny and purpose...South Node energy is where you visit to feel a sense of place or belonging. ♡

Thoughts from a very tired soul ...

When do I get heard without the label of a libber? Hailing from a small town of mostly catholic Republicans ... yep, another fekkin label.

I'm prochoice. This whole Roe V Wade turn over is going to wreck havoc on the future generations of us humans...not to mention the health risks of our own children. I'm 55 and past childbearing years even if I could have had a child. For whatever reason my plumbing didn't work like the other girls'.

I started out with good intentions to add my numbers to the general caucus, but some things aren't meant to be for everyone. After three intense miscarriages I conceeded. The last one being at roughly 18 weeks was the most difficult experience of my life.

I was working at the local newspaper as a hand inserter lifting 30-50 pound bundles of rag sheets. I found out I was going to have a baby and was temporarily put on desk duty in the circulation department because if being high risk. Shorthanded one day the production manager abd the circulation manager decided that I could run the auto pocket feed machine...I said ok because I believed my job was on the block if I didn't.

Three hours in, I didn't feel right. A few trips to the ladies room and I wandered back out on the floor to find the production manager ... I had blood down both pant legs damn near to my ankles ... I was hemorrhaging and in shock. The PM caught me in a dead fall faint as I said to him something isn't right you son of a bitch.

Baby daddy was a pressman downstairs, someone ran and got him as the PM carried me to the loading dock while BD pulled the car in and they passed me down one to the other. It was a short fly up the hill to the hospital.

After a few tests and a blood draw, what happened next saved my 24 year old life, yet solidified my never giving birth after.

So, yeah, I'm prochoice...because without it I wouldn't be here. ♡

I'm not pro-murdering babies...however...

I'm pro-Becky who found out at her 20-week anatomy scan that the infant she had been so excited to bring into this world had developed without life sustaining organs.

I'm pro-Susan who was sexually assaulted on her way home from work, only to come to the horrific realization that her assailant planted his seed in her when she got a positive pregnancy test result a month later.

I'm pro-Theresa who hemorrhaged due to a placental abruption, causing her parents, spouse, and children to have to make the impossible decision on whether to save her or her unborn child.

I'm pro-little Cathy who had her innocence ripped away from her by someone she should have been able to trust and her 11-year-old body isn't mature enough to bear the consequence of that betrayal.

I'm pro-Melissa who's working two jobs just to make ends meet and has to choose between bringing another child into poverty or feeding the children she already has because her spouse walked out on her.

I'm pro-Brittany who realizes that she is in no way financially, emotionally, or physically able to raise a child.

I'm pro-Emily who went through IVF, ending up with SIX viable implanted eggs requiring selective reduction to ensure the safety of her and a SAFE number of fetuses.

I'm pro-Jessica who is FINALLY getting the strength to get away from her physically abusive spouse only to find out that she is carrying the monster's child.

I'm pro-Vanessa who went into her confirmation appointment after YEARS of trying to conceive only to hear silence where there should be a heartbeat.

I'm pro-Lindsay who lost her virginity in her sophomore year with a broken condom and now has to choose whether to be a teenage mom or just a teenager.

I'm pro-Courtney who just found out she's already 13 weeks along, but the egg never made it out of her fallopian tube so either she terminates the pregnancy or risks dying from internal bleeding.

You can argue and say that I'm pro-choice all you want, but the truth is:
I'm pro-life.
Their lives.
Women's lives.

You don't get to pick and choose which scenarios should be accepted. It's not about which stories you don't agree with. It's about fighting for the women in the stories that you do agree with and the CHOICE that was made.

Women's rights are meant to protect ALL women, regardless of their situation!

Overturning Roe does not stop abortions, it stops SAFE abortions!

Abortion is healthcare.

Last edited:
I'm sorry about your trees. If you can, please post a pic of the big old maple.
Oh, don't climb it, please.

PS - I never got the hang of climbing trees well, was too afraid of heights.

I will take some. I'm going to want before and after pics.

I lived in trees as a kid. No one would chase me up there much. ;)

Currently I'm sitting in the ER with Dad.

He slipped in the shower after a diaper explosion and hit his head, twisted his neck and bonked his shoulder and hip.

They've done a CT from head to toe, then took him back for hip xrays. Now it's hurry up and wait.

I sure hope he didn't crack or break something. :/

We all went to lunch today because it is the step-monster's birthday, she would have been 80.

Now this!

Hm. I specifically recall ordering One Drama Free Week for you a few months back. Seems the ship still hasn't docked.

I hope your dad is okay, just a little bruised, and that you're out of that ER soon with him.

Hm. I specifically recall ordering One Drama Free Week for you a few months back. Seems the ship still hasn't docked.

I hope your dad is okay, just a little bruised, and that you're out of that ER soon with him.
Thanks ;)

No, things just keep adding up...still waiting for news, and yes, he's quite bruised :(

No broken nor cracked anything. Thank goodness. Dad is banged up and bruised with a mild concussion but other than that the old dodger is going to be okay.

Hospitalist says keep an eye on him and come back if anything crops up.

Like I could sleep right now and it's after midnight.

I did get the salad finished for the funeral luncheon and did not bake brookies but bought yummy premades from the store.

I think we all felt the heat today, a record high of 97° Tomorrow will feel cold at 72°.

The doc said same as me that the warm temperature and hot shower did him in.

I'm going to try reading until I doze off. We did good considering. :D

Today was the first funeral I've been to since my step-monster died in 2013.

I was a wreck, however I held it together for the girls until I got outside. Our numbers were strong for Auxiliary. One gal making a comment that was the most ever since she'd been doing the tributes.

A member asked me why I kissed the paper poppy before I laid it on top of the urns transparent box ... through tears, the kind that roll down yer cheeks, I said I did not kiss the poppy but my finger tips and she said oh. Another member, the gal I took over membership for grabbed my hand before we did the procession and when I realized I was squeezing too hard I dropped her hand and patted telling her I was sorry. She said it was OK I hadn't hurt her.

When I got up to my turn in paying respect to the family my friends husband squeezed me tight and wouldn't let go. lol. He's next. I could see it in his eyes and feel it in his heart. He has his own health issues.

I think we that loved my friend gave him our own strength to get him through the day. The motorcycle club she belonged to all road their bikes and had their vests on and all road behind the herse to the cemetery.

I'm having a difficult time processing this.

yay!

For every terrible thing, there is indeed a good thing.

I fired Dad's companion sitter today and hired a young lady, 45, that will be available all times, but I scheduled her for three days a week. At five hours per day, and four hours every second Thursday. :smiley:

It will be $300 a week straight up...with occasional Saturday nights so I can go out to a movie and dinner with Me. And the 4-hours once a month until October.

I did things differently this time. Had the interview, told her what I expected and a 90-day trial period. If her and Dad don't hit it off, then I'm doomed, but not firing her unless there is a catastrophe.

I'm excited and fingers crossed this works out! :hearteyecat:

Wow, just wow. I'm getting the hang of riding this emotional wave...HDS is like any other thing, it works better in action...
giphy.gif

;P