[INFJ] - This will make you rage | Page 54 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] This will make you rage

Letting youtube speak for you is weak. Write out your own ideas.
Although I get your point the video footage in some of these can be useful for seeing what's happening.

Edit: whether or not people WILL watch it is obviously another question

Although I get your point the video footage in some of these can be useful for seeing what's happening.

Here's what I wrote elsewhere on the site recently:

"I firmly believe social media is a real-time disassembly machine, breaking objective reality down into small, constituent parts which are then reassembled by individuals into personal narratives about objective reality. These scale up to worldviews and eventually into personal religions, complete with moral systems, purity tests and so on."

That is exactly what's happening here and with most of these youtube clip videos. Dozens of objectively real events are stripped of vital context and thrown into a random heap, then someone else uses them as building blocks to author a narrative that is almost unquestionably a continuation of the one they already believe. By the way Roses In The Vineyard is operating, I'm guessing they're somewhere in the worldview formation stage. They don't want to be challenged for real, they just want to piss into the wind because there's no risk and the confirmation bias payoff is huge. It's weak shit. They should go sit in the corner with the people who plug their ears and scream 'racist' at no fewer than 3 people a day, because they are literally the same and nobody wants to hear them anymore.

That said - I still get your point. And I'm not saying every clip in every video is propagandized, but I am saying whatever value one might get from watching them could probably be 100 X'ed in the long run if they'd do their own thinking.

Here's what I wrote elsewhere on the site recently:

"I firmly believe social media is a real-time disassembly machine, breaking objective reality down into small, constituent parts which are then reassembled by individuals into personal narratives about objective reality. These scale up to worldviews and eventually into personal religions, complete with moral systems, purity tests and so on."

That is exactly what's happening here and with most of these youtube clip videos. Dozens of objectively real events are stripped of vital context and thrown into a random heap, then someone else uses them as building blocks to author a narrative that is almost unquestionably a continuation of the one they already believe. By the way Roses In The Vineyard is operating, I'm guessing they're somewhere in the worldview formation stage. They don't want to be challenged for real, they just want to piss into the wind because there's no risk and the confirmation bias payoff is huge. It's weak shit. They should go sit in the corner with the people who plug their ears and scream 'racist' at no fewer than 3 people a day, because they are literally the same and nobody wants to hear them anymore.

That said - I still get your point. And I'm not saying every clip in every video is propagandized, but I am saying whatever value one might get from watching them could probably be 100 X'ed in the long run if they'd do their own thinking.
Again I totally understand your point here but I don't think it can be assumed that dissembling information is the goal or even the result necessarily. Brevity has real value especially in the internet age where there is essentially an infinite library of information (accurate/biased or otherwise) at your fingertips at all times.

I won't harp on this though, and as I said I totally respect this point you're making. It's important to think for yourself and not just be a vessel for someone else's ideas. Whether or not that's what OP is doing I don't know because I don't know him and I won't assume such a thing about him but if that is the case then I do agree it's not a desirable state of affairs to parrot things without thinking them through. Very important point.

They don't want to be challenged for real, they just want to piss into the wind because there's no risk and the confirmation bias payoff is huge. It's weak shit. They should go sit in the corner with the people who plug their ears and scream 'racist' at no fewer than 3 people a day, because they are literally the same and nobody wants to hear them anymore.
PoLR, as in path of least resistance :) it's why distrust and adharhol is in high supply these days.

Reality may be what we make it, but who is the author really?

Just as I predicted earlier in this thread

https://mn.gov/governor/news/?id=1055-439102
And I'll repeat my second prediction:

Since these governors and mayors can't take responsibility for the enormous mistake of fiddling while Rome burned the blame has to go outward eventually resulting in the riots being Trump's fault somehow.

If you can't admit mistakes then someone has to take the fall for you.

Just as I predicted earlier in this thread

https://mn.gov/governor/news/?id=1055-439102
Not surprising. The same folks that are destroying things are the same ones hollering the government is taking too much from them. Yet they ask the fed to clean up their messy rantings.
It may sound harsh, however, I think the looters and rioters should have to rebuild what they've destroyed. Penny-for-penny. Perhaps if they understand what it takes in money and labor hours to make repairs they may think twice before throwing that burning brick ? And, seeing how they're not apt to do that, leave it as it is. Let them navigate around the destruction they've caused. Understandingly it may harm those that didn't partake, but it may provide insentive to those hiding behind their locked doors to prevent it in the future.
smh. Americans will never understand the cycle because we're all like spoiled children.

Not surprising. The same folks that are destroying things are the same ones hollering the government is taking too much from them. Yet they ask the fed to clean up their messy rantings.
It may sound harsh, however, I think the looters and rioters should have to rebuild what they've destroyed. Penny-for-penny. Perhaps if they understand what it takes in money and labor hours to make repairs they may think twice before throwing that burning brick ? And, seeing how they're not apt to do that, leave it as it is. Let them navigate around the destruction they've caused. Understandingly it may harm those that didn't partake, but it may provide insentive to those hiding behind their locked doors to prevent it in the future.
smh. Americans will never understand the cycle because we're all like spoiled children.
if the government would give the looters whos grandfathers were slaves back all they took from their bloodline.. theyd have plenty money to fix a few shops.. america has more than just a money debt they cant repay. thats why they live by the sword. it's a vicious cycle indeed, everybody just takes as they see fit

A negative feedback loop is a nasty thing for sure. All the rioting has done is galvanized people against the police reform cause, destroyed some business and neighborhoods making it harder for the people that live there, and driving gun sales through the roof. It's not even a costly victory but a destabilizing net negative on these communities that has made everything worse.

Such is life when you let antifa into your neighborhood to role play as revolutionaries.

A negative feedback loop is a nasty thing for sure. All the rioting has done is galvanized people against the police reform cause, destroyed some business and neighborhoods making it harder for the people that live there, and driving gun sales through the roof. It's not even a costly victory but a destabilizing net negative on these communities that has made everything worse.

Such is life when you let antifa into your neighborhood to role play as revolutionaries.

The worst of it is those who are responsible don't realize this and intends on driving this country to the brink even if it means civil war to push their woke politics at any cost be it their own or everyone else for that matter. The smaller communities certainty been black pilled by the whole experience and obviously arming themselves but I do worry that the balkanization is going to do irreversible damage. This November onwards into 2021 is going to be a rough ride.