[INFJ] - This will make you rage | Page 53 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] This will make you rage

I can't say why the president tweeted this. He might be trying to entice the far left to attack this golf course so he can scare the rich pricks there into donating money. I have no idea, I need to let a day or two go by so more information can fall out of the news cycle

Pure speculation:

I don't think Donald Trump has secret meetings with white nationalists to actively plot genocides or whatever. I am not sure I can say the same about parts of his administration.

But I think he's aware those people exist and they support him. Not just them, but:

antivaxxers
flat earthers
evangelicals
bad cops
jim crow southerners
Honey Boo Boo fans
Info Wars types
kkk

...so forth and so on. This is just incontrovertible truth. They certainly aren't voting for Joe Biden or independents. I do believe Trump is a narcissist and therefore doesn't have values with enough depth to give a fuck about what those types represent. To him, all that matters is that they're a demographic in his base -- a block of voters and viewers that directly effect his ability to keep building his brand: himself. I don't think he sees any consequence as too small in achieving this. So while he may not actively want what they want, he doesn't give a shit if they get it and probably sees himself as making 'great deals' with them via policy in exchange for continued support. He's doing something to keep his voters happy and it isn't economic prosperity and opportunity for the working class. Anybody can see that overclocking the economy with deregulation is not the same thing as fixing structural problems that will have lasting effects.

The recession is going to hurt bad. The worst part is, it's the typical, life-of-quiet-desperation voter who isn't an overtly bad person that's going to get fucked over the worst. I think they know deep inside the absolute best outcome of his presidency is a pyrrhic victory in the culture war. Trump isn't going to make America great again and they know it, but he might help the left go down with the ship. In the end, they'll still live in the mess he's helping create in exchange for saying...they voted for him. And maybe the GDP did better. "Great deal", indeed.

Also, I just realized I never addressed what I quoted about the tweet.

In short, his actual intent may not be knowable, but we can look at the result it produced: strengthening his voter base. Those who think it was an accident will dig deeper in their support and function as apologists. Those who think it was intentional will quietly nod and smile. Whatever the case, it helps Donald Trump and thus it's successful to him.

Reactions: Wyote and Reason
I can't say why the president tweeted this. He might be trying to entice the far left to attack this golf course so he can scare the rich pricks there into donating money. I have no idea, I need to let a day or two go by so more information can fall out of the news cycle
Retirement community, not a golf course as it turns out

. They certainly aren't voting for Joe Biden or independents
I don't know if that's true I've seen BLM protesters chanting about isreal. I've also seen the movement advocate for segregation in the past with a Harvard graduation and various racially segregated areas on college campuses. If I were a white supremacist I would support BLM they seem to be on the same page.

Anti vaxxers are also amongst the ranks of liberal Karens who use divining crystals to cleans themselves of both vaccines and patriarchy.

One side does not have a monopoly on idiocy.

It's called having boundaries. Those are the things that in the old west told you where your plot of land ended. Boundaries. It's very American.

It's more like placing a tablecloth over the elephant in the room.

Here's my tablecloth: it says sooo much.

I don't know if that's true I've seen BLM protesters chanting about isreal. I've also seen the movement advocate for segregation in the past with a Harvard graduation and various racially segregated areas on college campuses. If I were a white supremacist I would support BLM they seem to be on the same page.

Anti vaxxers are also amongst the ranks of liberal Karens who use divining crystals to cleans themselves of both vaccines and patriarchy.

One side does not have a monopoly on idiocy.

Karens and their $pirituality they've bought off Amazon or Walmart are a dime a dozen and are like weeds on social media. I deeply loathe what they haven been doing to online communities as they ruin both Christian and New Age groups like a virus through herds of livestock.

Reactions: Reason
Karens and their $pirituality they've bought off Amazon or Walmart are a dime a dozen and are like weeds on social media. I deeply loathe what they haven been doing to online communities as they ruin both Christian and New Age groups like a virus through herds of livestock.
You're just as annoying as they are. You're welcome.

These analogies are so bad they increase my viral load.

smh

In general ...

If we continue to poke fun at snippets of conversation taken out of context and use them to create a wider divide I believe there is little hope for the future generations.

There is no such thing as polite political correctness. People think it's acceptable to blurt out what ever is in their head.

Superiority Complex is a great fall in reality, one tends to smack their head on every jagged and broken piece of the crowd as they fall to the bottom.

S-smh

If we continue to poke fun at snippets of conversation taken out of context and use them to create a wider divide I believe there is little hope for the future generations.

I can't write much about this, but some of the R&D I'm involved with is exploring tech generally known as 'deepfakes'. If you think selective editing is a problem (and it is), you are going to be astonished in ~5 years.

A sentiment I hear more and more people expressing is: "I don't know what's true anymore." And they don't know. None of us do. If you consider the implications of this at a global level, it's terrifying. We don't live in an age of truth anymore, we live in an age of narratives.