[INFJ] - This will make you rage | Page 56 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] This will make you rage

Discussion in 'News and Politics' started by Roses In The Vineyard, May 28, 2020.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 27 users.
More threads by Roses In The Vineyard
  1. Reason

    Reason Well-known member

    Joined:
    Nov 17, 2017
    Threads:
    54
    Messages:
    5,924
    Featured Threads:
    37
    Likes Received:
    36,226
    Trophy Points:
    3,462
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    The Roaring 20s
    MBTI:
    INTP
    A negative feedback loop is a nasty thing for sure. All the rioting has done is galvanized people against the police reform cause, destroyed some business and neighborhoods making it harder for the people that live there, and driving gun sales through the roof. It's not even a costly victory but a destabilizing net negative on these communities that has made everything worse.

    Such is life when you let antifa into your neighborhood to role play as revolutionaries.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    just me, Sandie33, hithere and 2 others like this.
  2. MiiRxGe

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2019
    Threads:
    14
    Messages:
    2,419
    Featured Threads:
    6
    Likes Received:
    14,041
    Trophy Points:
    1,352
    MBTI:
    .
    Enneagram:
    4-6-9
    burn babylon burn
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Hostarius likes this.
  3. OP
    Roses In The Vineyard

    Roses In The Vineyard Community Member

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2018
    Threads:
    15
    Messages:
    661
    Featured Threads:
    1
    Likes Received:
    1,684
    Trophy Points:
    688
    Gender:
    Male
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    The worst of it is those who are responsible don't realize this and intends on driving this country to the brink even if it means civil war to push their woke politics at any cost be it their own or everyone else for that matter. The smaller communities certainty been black pilled by the whole experience and obviously arming themselves but I do worry that the balkanization is going to do irreversible damage. This November onwards into 2021 is going to be a rough ride.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Reason

    Reason Well-known member

    Joined:
    Nov 17, 2017
    Threads:
    54
    Messages:
    5,924
    Featured Threads:
    37
    Likes Received:
    36,226
    Trophy Points:
    3,462
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    The Roaring 20s
    MBTI:
    INTP
    Nah, we've been through much worse as a country. Keep calm and carry on.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Sandie33, acd, Hostarius and 3 others like this.
  5. Wyote

    Wyote Xenoi
    Staff Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2008
    Threads:
    237
    Messages:
    35,006
    Featured Threads:
    18
    Likes Received:
    182,939
    Trophy Points:
    4,271
    Gender:
    Male
    MBTI:
    Ni Space
    Enneagram:
    9 Seas
    [​IMG]
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Sandie33, acd, Hostarius and 2 others like this.
  6. Wyote

    Wyote Xenoi
    Staff Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2008
    Threads:
    237
    Messages:
    35,006
    Featured Threads:
    18
    Likes Received:
    182,939
    Trophy Points:
    4,271
    Gender:
    Male
    MBTI:
    Ni Space
    Enneagram:
    9 Seas
    You know shit ain't right when you have footage of a dude shooting at an officer and the officer simply defending himself,
    and yet citizens are outraged.

    I said this from the outset: this won't be resolved until we have a way to simply neutralize threats in a non violent way
    Tasers are a good start, but we need something better like a ray gun that instantly incapacitates people
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    slant, mintoots, Sandie33 and 3 others like this.
  7. Reason

    Reason Well-known member

    Joined:
    Nov 17, 2017
    Threads:
    54
    Messages:
    5,924
    Featured Threads:
    37
    Likes Received:
    36,226
    Trophy Points:
    3,462
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    The Roaring 20s
    MBTI:
    INTP
    [​IMG]
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    slant, Hostarius, Sandie33 and 2 others like this.
  8. Wyote

    Wyote Xenoi
    Staff Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2008
    Threads:
    237
    Messages:
    35,006
    Featured Threads:
    18
    Likes Received:
    182,939
    Trophy Points:
    4,271
    Gender:
    Male
    MBTI:
    Ni Space
    Enneagram:
    9 Seas
    SOON
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Hostarius, Sandie33 and Reason like this.
  9. OP
    Roses In The Vineyard

    Roses In The Vineyard Community Member

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2018
    Threads:
    15
    Messages:
    661
    Featured Threads:
    1
    Likes Received:
    1,684
    Trophy Points:
    688
    Gender:
    Male
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Another sad story with a women getting shot in the head for saying all lives matter.

     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Hostarius likes this.
  10. mintoots

    mintoots Also: Tooth, 뚵수, Tootsu

    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2018
    Threads:
    27
    Messages:
    5,929
    Featured Threads:
    23
    Likes Received:
    33,798
    Trophy Points:
    3,487
    Gender:
    Female
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    1w2
    Like Peter Parker's Web
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. Wyote

    Wyote Xenoi
    Staff Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2008
    Threads:
    237
    Messages:
    35,006
    Featured Threads:
    18
    Likes Received:
    182,939
    Trophy Points:
    4,271
    Gender:
    Male
    MBTI:
    Ni Space
    Enneagram:
    9 Seas
    [​IMG]
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. mintoots

    mintoots Also: Tooth, 뚵수, Tootsu

    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2018
    Threads:
    27
    Messages:
    5,929
    Featured Threads:
    23
    Likes Received:
    33,798
    Trophy Points:
    3,487
    Gender:
    Female
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    1w2
    Unless we use all the plastic in the ocean to establish a circular process for its materiality, no. It's not sustainable.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    CuriousB, Sandie33, MiiRxGe and 2 others like this.
  13. Wyote

    Wyote Xenoi
    Staff Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2008
    Threads:
    237
    Messages:
    35,006
    Featured Threads:
    18
    Likes Received:
    182,939
    Trophy Points:
    4,271
    Gender:
    Male
    MBTI:
    Ni Space
    Enneagram:
    9 Seas
    That's why I said ray gun
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Reason, Sandie33, mintoots and 2 others like this.
  14. slant

    slant Ruby Adoraboobie

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2008
    Threads:
    327
    Messages:
    9,807
    Featured Threads:
    37
    Likes Received:
    13,352
    Trophy Points:
    1,616
    Gender:
    Female
    MBTI:
    Infp
    Enneagram:
    6-4-9
    This resonates.

    My friend and I were talking the other day and I was saying how what's so frustrating about politics is that you're not allowed to have a different opinion without someone moralizing you for it. If you don't agree with someone 100% all of the sudden you become the enemy even though you fundamentally agree on the end goal, just not the approach.

    This sort of nuance you're talking about in my experience really upsets people. If you say anything that contradicts the main narrative there's no room for conversation; you just get shut down.

    Earlier in this thread when I came in talking about cops and trying to understand their perspective I wasn't defending them. If you're trying to solve a problem you have to look at it from all angles because the problem doesn't exist from one side. There's reasons why things happen and you have to understand them to dissolve them.

    There's this quote I like,

    "It's easier to tear down than to build up"

    It's so easy to say "the police system is broken! Let's destroy it!" And people wanna say that because"hey let's build this and fix it and make it better" is much harder. The response is,

    "Oh we tried fixing it, that hasn't worked, so we have to destroy it"

    This approach doesn't make any sense. I've had problems in my life that I've tried to solve and failed over and over again. I try a new way to solve it. I don't think, oh, my computer has some issue, let's just DESTROY it.

    Sorry wyote I started rambling
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    sassafras, Reason, CuriousB and 3 others like this.
  15. Wyote

    Wyote Xenoi
    Staff Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2008
    Threads:
    237
    Messages:
    35,006
    Featured Threads:
    18
    Likes Received:
    182,939
    Trophy Points:
    4,271
    Gender:
    Male
    MBTI:
    Ni Space
    Enneagram:
    9 Seas
    This is the center of things I think. What's disappointing/frustrating/destructive is the injection of identitatrian politics into the US political discourse.
    Instead of being shunned it's been fully embraced and is being used for political gain at every level now.
    This only serves as a way of dividing people and making actual productive policy discussions an impossibility.
    Now we have to consider where/who any particular argument/idea is coming from and judge it accordingly before even considering it as viable.
    And so this makes the main narrative (whatever that ends up being) impossible to question, ultimately.
    Scary shit, imo.

    I am sounding more and more like a right winger all the time, but that just shows you how far off the deep end the left have gone.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    sassafras, Reason, Hostarius and 2 others like this.
  16. slant

    slant Ruby Adoraboobie

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2008
    Threads:
    327
    Messages:
    9,807
    Featured Threads:
    37
    Likes Received:
    13,352
    Trophy Points:
    1,616
    Gender:
    Female
    MBTI:
    Infp
    Enneagram:
    6-4-9
    Divide and conquer...
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  17. slant

    slant Ruby Adoraboobie

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2008
    Threads:
    327
    Messages:
    9,807
    Featured Threads:
    37
    Likes Received:
    13,352
    Trophy Points:
    1,616
    Gender:
    Female
    MBTI:
    Infp
    Enneagram:
    6-4-9
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Hostarius likes this.
  18. just me

    just me GONE

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2009
    Threads:
    218
    Messages:
    12,364
    Featured Threads:
    17
    Likes Received:
    7,174
    Trophy Points:
    1,121
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    not here
    MBTI:
    infj
    Enneagram:
    6w5
    ALL LIVES MATTER.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Reason and Hostarius like this.
  19. just me

    just me GONE

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2009
    Threads:
    218
    Messages:
    12,364
    Featured Threads:
    17
    Likes Received:
    7,174
    Trophy Points:
    1,121
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    not here
    MBTI:
    infj
    Enneagram:
    6w5
    There will be a cleansing, and it will come from the Hand of God.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Hostarius likes this.
  20. CuriousB

    CuriousB Regular Poster

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2020
    Threads:
    4
    Messages:
    86
    Featured Threads:
    1
    Likes Received:
    818
    Trophy Points:
    832
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    Sunny California :)
    MBTI:
    INFJ-T
    I get what your saying, at first I thought the same thing but when I looked more into it, it makes sense why people are calling for abolition. It's much bigger than most of us even know (and that's on purpose.) The policing system is not broken, it is functioning exactly how it was meant to function, it has just evolved over time. If the foundation was made bad the whole structure is bound to be bad, you have to start again from scratch right? (Also one analogy doesn't work for every situation) This why police reform doesn't work, the officers know what they are doing, they know how not to shoot first and ask questions later. And body cams are turned off, destroyed, or the footage is not even presented to the public. It just means even more money is going to policing where it can be used much better elsewhere in community development and other more important things. Plus, we are calling for a different system than what we have in place, no just leave a hole. I recommend watching the documentary 13th and reading The New Jim Crow to learn about the history of policing and how it all started with slave patrols.

    Many, many articles and stories from about former cops being punished for speaking out and trying to do good here is one:
    https://medium.com/@OfcrACab/confessions-of-a-former-bastard-cop-bb14d17bc759)

    Also good:

    Instagram Link
     
    acd and slant like this.
Loading...

Share This Page