[INFJ] - This will make you rage | Page 49 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] This will make you rage

620x0-e1508542325620-640x400.jpg

I hadn't really given much thought to those theories but I must admit he does look a bit sinister in that photo.

Since @Lady Jolanda exists, I need to make it clear that I know Octopuses don't have tentacles, but arms.

That is all.

Well I learned something tonight. I mean, octopuses do have tentacles, dinosaurs didn't have feathers, and Pluto is a planet but, still...

It's a rhetorical exercise designed to initiate perspective shifts.

Why does it lack 'respect' and what is it in historical 'ignorance' of?

Just speaking for myself. Race and inequality should not be approached with rhetoric nor should a perspective shift be an approach where we throw different lenses on to lessen or worsen the impact it has on us or others. It is that approach of fear that denies the elephant in the room. I believe you also portrayed yourself as a victim of it and it's uncomfortable nature that surely provides energy to your thought. Like I said there is substance to your words and glad you shared them.

Historically though our nation was directed and planned by some, but would not be what it is without the hard work of ALL. In fact most great achievements of mankind were a collective effort of all...that is scary for most as it threatens security and comfort. It is truly a basic exercise in insecurity and fear. Maybe if we embraced equality and worked together...well it would be a shared feeling and be without bounds. I know you would enjoy that feeling too.

Just speaking for myself. Race and inequality should not be approached with rhetoric nor should a perspective shift be an approach where we throw different lenses on to lessen or worsen the impact it has on us or others.
Rhetoric can't be escaped, and unfortunately dry logical arguments tend to lack impact, especially in a context like this where emotions are heightened.

Of course, it's worth pointing out that your post is also heavily rhetorical.

It is that approach of fear that denies the elephant in the room.
I don't see how my approach was based on fear - it was simply to point oout the absurdities inherent in the current approach to race that we see from some.

I believe you also portrayed yourself as a victim of it and it's uncomfortable nature that surely provides energy to your thought. Like I said there is substance to your words and glad you shared them.
Thank you.

Historically though our nation was directed and planned by some, but would not be what it is without the hard work of ALL.
Of course, but that's a somewhat empty statement because it implies no value (better/worse).

In fact most great achievements of mankind were a collective effort of all...that is scary for most as it threatens security and comfort.
I'm not sure what you're defining as 'great achievements', but this is simply not true. The vast majority of revolutionary ideas and technical innovations have come from the minds of lone geniuses. Research 'teams' are historically a fairly new phenomenon. For everything else it's probably simply the case that a collectivity was the only means by which the thing could be achieved in the first place - a great infrastructure project, or a war, or other national efforts, &c.

I don't think this is really a 'point' that has any meaning.

It is truly a basic exercise in insecurity and fear. Maybe if we embraced equality and worked together...well it would be a shared feeling and be without bounds. I know you would enjoy that feeling too.
I believe that this kind of argument is a profound misstep which plants the seeds of its own destruction. We must not make a moral issue such as 'race' contingent upon any conditional factors like 'ability', 'progress', 'success', &c. It is unsustainable in light of the evidence.

The evidence would be deeply unsettling to anyone who bases their moral sensibility upon equality of capacities (by which I mean, those things which people can do, 'better' or 'worse' than others).

Rhetoric can't be escaped, and unfortunately dry logical arguments tend to lack impact, especially in a context like this where emotions are heightened.

I don't see how my approach was based on fear - it was simply to point oout the absurdities inherent in the current approach to race that we see from some.

Thank you.

Of course, but that's a somewhat empty statement because it implies no value (better/worse).

I'm not sure what you're defining as 'great achievements', but this is simply not true. The vast majority of revolutionary ideas and technical innovations have come from the minds of lone geniuses. Research 'teams' are historically a fairly new phenomenon. For everything else it's probably simply the case that a collectivity was the only means by which the thing could be achieved in the first place - a great infrastructure project, or a war, or other national efforts, &c.

I believe that this kind of argument is a profound misstep which plants the seeds of its own destruction. We must not make a moral issue such as 'race' contingent upon any conditional factors like 'ability', 'progress', 'success', &c. It is unsustainable in light of the evidence.

The evidence would be deeply unsettling to anyone who bases their moral sensibility upon equality of capacities (by which I mean, those things which people can do, 'better' or 'worse' than others).

It is your misfortune to lead a life based on perceived capacities and logically approach things with never ending tangible responses. I get it. That is how you are and nothing wrong with that and I appreciate a depth needed for policy and standards. Things need to be defined.

That approach won't change a thing. You know that. It is fear...insecurity that stifles progress. Always has always will. You handle fear by logically pacifying yourself and thoughts...find reference...control things mechanically. That is Political Science 101. Two for me...one for them. It's a game...a racket and you have bought into it.

Others march with others peacefully to deliver a message that should be heard and appreciated.

It is wrong of me to get this involved about this. I'm sorry man. I don't discount your thoughts or approach. Let me have my thoughts ok?

Thank you.

Pacify yourself brother. There are a bunch if us here in the deep end when you find the courage. That is a legitimate and fair statement. Hop out...walk to that deep end and give us your best cannonball. It will be a joy to see you there with that knowledge!

Pacify yourself brother. There are a bunch if us here in the deep end when you find the courage. That is a legitimate and fair statement. Hop out...walk to that deep end and give us your best cannonball. It will be a joy to see you there with that knowledge!

Yeah @Deleted member 16771, if you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it. Anything you want to do, do it. Want to change the world? There's nothing to it.