[INFJ] - This will make you rage | Page 47 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] This will make you rage

Imagine this: suppose that you're a non-black person living in a black neighborhood. You suffer all of the systemic inequality that comes with living there. The disadvantaged start in life, the proximity to violence, the poorer schools, &c.

Perhaps you don't suffer the problems that come with 'appearing black', but nonetheless you have still inherited a greater part of the 'systemic racism' that afflicts black communities. You literally live the structural legacy of slavery, segregation, and Jim Crow... but you're not black.

There are no guilty white folks going to wash your feet. Nobody who wants to pay you any reparations whatsoever... because you're not a member of the 'correct' race.

Well... fuck that guy, I guess?
You know, this is funny because I did suffer racism, despite not being the race I was targeted for.

I was bullied for being a 'Paki', except that I didn't have the social support network of people who had suffered that to coach me through it. Instead, my mum said that my skin was dark because of 'ground-in muck', which led me to rub myself raw trying to get the 'dirt' out.

I was raised in the British underclass, absolute bottom-rung, single-mother all that jazz.

Except that no-one is pulling statues down for me.

Why would they? I'm 'white' so my disadvantage doesn't count. It's not a problem. Nobody's guilty about it and I don't qualify for any affirmative action measures because I'm the wrong race.

.. fuck that guy, I guess?
No. This is just at start. Or a continuation of the start. Or a case of the squeaking wheel squeaking for the grease. Suppose this all works, and systemic racism is solved.... LGBTQ is next, then the poor class, muslims, latinos, etc and in no particular order. A major step towards improvement would be social safety nets to keep the most vulnerable from slipping into total poverty where drugs and crime become survival and coping strategies. Drug use and crime does not have to mean the people that do them are bad people deserving of punishment or murder. (Of course there are some fuckers that deserve that) But selling drugs to pay bills, or stealing food and diapers is survival. Doing drugs is escapism. All of those things appear on the surface as wrong, ridiculous behavior, but would they (all poor races) be doing those things if they had utilities, and food, basic human needs and could put time and mental energy towards other things? Probably. But I believe less would. Perhaps I'm wrong. But maybe some folks won't feel left out and jealous that black lives are getting attention here. Thing is, the reform they are seeking is meant to benefit all. Police accountability affects other races too. Not just black people.

The goal of this is not to transcend race and live as one human race because blonde jesus loves his little children, red, yellow, green, and blue or whatever. But to live as one human race with many differences. That can't be done if no one is willing to acknowledge that many black folks are screaming about injustice. And they have no reason to shut up as long as everyone continues to deny their experiences in this country.

This is just one issue that needs resolved and it's complicated. A change someone surely will affect something somewhere else. But we can't say, "nah this is too difficult. Nah, the power whores just want us fighting amongst ourselves. Nah, black lives matter is racist cuz all lives matter. Nah, they're making it all up. Nah, everything has failed before, it's not worth it. Fuck it."

Everything points to the corruption of our politicians and monetization of our government. This isn't an isolated racial incident it's interconnected with everything else and that's why those in power want it silenced. Now, let's put some fucking grease on this wheel and continue catching up to the world we 'lead'! That makes no fucking sense. America is a superpower, but trails the rest of the world in everything? I don't even know if I make sense anymore. I'm gonna go shove a pencil through my nutsac now.

You know, this is funny because I did suffer racism, despite not being the race I was targeted for.

I was bullied for being a 'Paki', except that I didn't have the social support network of people who had suffered that to coach me through it. Instead, my mum said that my skin was dark because of 'ground-in muck', which led me to rub myself raw trying to get the 'dirt' out.

I was raised in the British underclass, absolute bottom-rung, single-mother all that jazz.

Except that no-one is pulling statues down for me.

Why would they? I'm 'white' so my disadvantage doesn't count. It's not a problem. Nobody's guilty about it and I don't qualify for any affirmative action measures because I'm the wrong race.
You're not the only one here to grow up poor @Deleted member 16771. Except I actually lived in those neighborhoods that you speak of. And I'm white. It does not negate anything.
Yep. My younger years were spent in government housing inner city neighborhoods and schools, with my single dad struggling financially n shit

So you have suffered the legacy of systemic racism despite being a hot white lady?
I haven't. Actually, I'm doing well for myself despite the rough start. Could be because I'm so hot lmao (I kid!). Have you? I don't begrudge anyone for standing up for themselves and demanding justice.

No. This is just at start. Or a continuation of the start. Or a case of the squeaking wheel squeaking for the grease. Suppose this all works, and systemic racism is solved.... LGBTQ is next, then the poor class, muslims, latinos, etc and in no particular order. A major step towards improvement would be social safety nets to keep the most vulnerable from slipping into total poverty where drugs and crime become survival and coping strategies. Drug use and crime does not have to mean the people that do them are bad people deserving of punishment or murder. (Of course there are some fuckers that deserve that) But selling drugs to pay bills, or stealing food and diapers is survival. Doing drugs is escapism. All of those things appear on the surface as wrong, ridiculous behavior, but would they (all poor races) be doing those things if they had utilities, and food, basic human needs and could put time and mental energy towards other things? Probably. But I believe less would. Perhaps I'm wrong. But maybe some folks won't feel left out and jealous that black lives are getting attention here. Thing is, the reform they are seeking is meant to benefit all. Police accountability affects other races too. Not just black people.

The goal of this is not to transcend race and live as one human race because blonde jesus loves his little children, red, yellow, green, and blue or whatever. But to live as one human race with many differences. That can't be done if no one is willing to acknowledge that many black folks are screaming about injustice. And they have no reason to shut up as long as everyone continues to deny their experiences in this country.

This is just one issue that needs resolved and it's complicated. A change someone surely will affect something somewhere else. But we can't say, "nah this is too difficult. Nah, the power whores just want us fighting amongst ourselves. Nah, black lives matter is racist cuz all lives matter. Nah, they're making it all up. Nah, everything has failed before, it's not worth it. Fuck it."

Everything points to the corruption of our politicians and monetization of our government. This isn't an isolated racial incident it's interconnected with everything else and that's why those in power want it silenced. Now, let's put some fucking grease on this wheel and continue catching up to the world we 'lead'! That makes no fucking sense. America is a superpower, but trails the rest of the world in everything? I don't even know if I make sense anymore. I'm gonna go shove a pencil through my nutsac now.
We've tried this 'positive racism' stuff before. Didn't work out so well.

Look at the early history of zionism. Lots of well-meaning white folk and Jewish allies.

In fact it's been tried a fuckton of times throughout history, mostly ending in disaster.

What 'works', historically, is to dissolve the power of these categories entirely.

And yes, that does mean curing the systemic issues at their roots, but what it does not mean is making a distinction of individuals merely based upon their belonging of one particular group or other.

I haven't. Actually, I'm doing well for myself despite the rough start. Could be because I'm so hot lmao (I kid!). Have you? I don't begrudge anyone for standing up for themselves and demanding justice.
But you grew up in those neighbourhoods, right? Ergo, you have to some extent.

Your outcome is irrelevant.

I've done okay probably because of my hotness, too.

No there's nothing wrong with standing up for justice (even as part of a particular group, and for the particular problems faced by that group), but I feel like we're going to ignore the lessons of the twentieth century if we continue to make a perverse virtue of racial identity.

And yes, that does mean curing the systemic issues at their roots
How can this be accomplished without taking down America and starting over which most everyone agrees the world cannot afford?

but what it does not mean is making a distinction of individuals merely based upon their belonging of one particular group or other
It seems to me this is part of accomplishing your first point. I'm not saying there is no other way, but I am unaware. We could vote all day I guess.

Last edited:
You kid but this is also true: hot people get leverage out of being hot. This is why people invest in plastic surgery.

Sorry for the tangent. Carry on with the conversation.

Well if you really want to do this
joc.png

For some reason, race is a more important category than ever. It feels like a giant backwards step to me.

The same fundamental logic that race and ancestral injustices give us unequal rights in the present (as opposed to its material legacy) could just as easily be applied in other ways.

For example, the United States was built by whites. Their ingenuity, their values, their toil, their European cultural patrimony developed over millennia; European technology, hard won uniquely in the world. The nation would not exist without whites. So why the fuck should 'black people' claim to have any stake in the profits at all? It was nothing to do with them, and as has been established in the past few months, our claims to rights are intrinsically tied to our race.

Let's just re-organise the whole world along racial lines and have a grand re-accounting. BLACKS - you suffered unfairly under slavery = reparations. WHITES - the other races have profited from your intellectual property = reparations. &c. ad infinitum.

This is the kind of backlash that is building if you don't make an earnest attempt to actually dismantle the power of racial categories.

I can just imagine it now - some religious dude making an analogy with the Prodigal Son. 'Hey y'all. Imagine a white guy building a house with his own toil and knowhow. He learned how to lay the bricks and laid em. He learned how to plumb and plumbed it. He learned how to wire the electrics and wired it. Then some black guy comes in twenty years down the line and expects half of the place! That's America.'

You can call that a strawman if you like, but it's not a complete strawman, is it?
I'm new to this site and not sure it is a fit for me. This post is troubling not only for its lack of true respect for the situation but the ignorance of history and a positive approach to the future. I understand these words are free to be written and I read them. We must also be mindful of validity and 7th slot Fe. There is a lot wrong with this thought process but it should be heard and I am not neglecting it has substance.